Starpery.com

Concerns about use of Baby/Mineral Oil.

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
harddk
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Concerns about use of Baby/Mineral Oil.

Post by harddk »

Hi :multi: . Future TPE doll-owner here who’s doing some research and got a question.

A lot of post here recommend the use of Baby/Mineral Oil w/ paraffinum (paraffinum liquidum), which raises some concerns and questions on my end.
Paraffinum is a cheap oil-biproduct that have been used for a long time in skincare products. But have since been proven to cause cancer cells in mice and damaging the skin it's applied to. It does so by making an oily outer layer which the skin isn’t able to breathe through (ever wondered why if you used lip balm, you felt like you had to apply it again shortly after to maintain the effect? Well Paraffinum would most likely been an incredience in it). Currently I'm not even sure I'll be able to find any baby/mineral oil with paraffinum in it for purchase, as it seems all manufactures have changed to other ingrediencies.

It raises my concern of people who actively use it here and get in close contact with it. You should at least do some research into what it is you're handling.
I got no knowledge of the effect of paraffinum that has dies on another surface, that gets into contact with human skin. If any got something to add there, please do.

My question raised is whether the use of this is advised due to the 'containment' -effect of Paraffinum on the TPE surface, or for other properties of baby/mineral oil that nurtures the TPE?!
I would be able to buy pure Paraffinum, but as mentioned this is a cancer-advancing oil that i personally wouldn't handle without gloves or safety gear.

*edit: grammar

Olinka
Doll
Doll

Re: Concerns about use of Baby/Mineral Oil.

Post by Olinka »

I use Johnson & Johnson's baby oil which has no paraffinum in it , the mineral oil is what is important to moisturize my TPE sensitive skin not the paraffinum :mrgreen:
I have heard curtain baby powders can be dangerous also... causing ovarian cancer in women , one has to wonder why these things are being put in our products and even in the food and drinks...
It's as if some powers that be are trying very hard to hurt many millions of humans worldwide , right?

Oh by the way Vaseline is better then the baby oils :mrgreen:
With Love
Ole

INFORMATIONS