Starpery.com

HELP

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Samuel_78
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

HELP

Post by Samuel_78 »

Okay so I was taking Chass and getting her ready to do this one picture for the model thread. You know the one where they take a shot and a replicated with a doll well I was getting her dressed when I noticed this huge cra0ter under her armpit.
20180702_194436.jpg
20180702_194436.jpg (1.57 MiB) Viewed 1904 times
My first reaction is to go grab TPE solvent I got from RLSD last year to try that. Yeah, you can see the effect it on the left edge there. Where it looks ragged as to the rest which looks like the seam just opened up. The whole is so large that when I tried holding the skin close it opens behind when I go to release her skin. I can still be pinching the edge where I want to go forward and where I just worked reopened.
Right now I have Chastity laying on her side with her arm down it's tight as I can get it to keep the crater from getting any bigger. My current thought is by some TPR and melt it to fill the hole. Also I seem to recall something about a TPE fill one member of the community had made that might work. Any thing any advice is welcome right now.
Who are my Doll's?
Chastity Ode Knight (YL170 D-cup, WM#33 head), Chastity's Album and Old eye candy page.
Chastity Knight 2.0 (JY170 H-cup, GU02 head) 2.0 Eye Candy page
Nina D'Hule (retired), Nina's Album

Keyman

Re: HELP

Post by Keyman »

Ouch! Been there myself, tpe solvent will make it much worse believe me. Stand down until the experts can advise.

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

High stress areas can be tough.
She will need alot of TLC.
How old is she?
If one of our BCD FMers had an issue like this, we'd most likely buy them a repair kit from Indigo20.
Best,
Jeff
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Samuel_78
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Samuel_78 »

Chass arrived just last monday. Including manufacturing she's about a month old.
I ordered her from Beautiful Dolls, emailed every detail strait to Joy.
Who are my Doll's?
Chastity Ode Knight (YL170 D-cup, WM#33 head), Chastity's Album and Old eye candy page.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Samuel_78 wrote:Chass arrived just last monday. Including manufacturing she's about a month old.
I ordered her from Beautiful Dolls, emailed every detail strait to Joy.
I'm sorry to hear it. This should not happen on a new doll. Good luck. :|

mala78
Ex-Member

Post by mala78 »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:High stress areas can be tough.
She will need alot of TLC.
How old is she?
If one of our BCD FMers had an issue like this, we'd most likely buy them a repair kit from Indigo20.
Best,
Jeff

Indigo admitted himself that his repair kit will not hold high stressed areas and large tears.

Indigo's kit is a waste of money for this fix.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Really nothing holds. The only thing that can work is tipping her upside down and melting the TPE together with a soldering iron. But not too hot

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Samuel_78
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Samuel_78 »

Thanks, my line of thinking last night after I made that first post was to get a TPE sample. Then using a double boiler melt it and pour the TPE in. Once it was about level let sit for a day or two till cured then use the hot spoon method to smooth her skin.
Will have to keep the area well ventilated, my kitchen dinning room should suffice with fans in both windows. As well as a face mask for fumes, I have several of those left over from last year when I painted the place.
Who are my Doll's?

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

mala78,
He surely could have;however, his kit did very well for us on a doll that look like she was attacked by a great white shark.
BCD
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

Samuel_78
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Samuel_78 »

Update,

After messaging Joy of BD, I was told she could send me a glue to fix this issue. She advised I start from the inside to try and close the crater. Also to give the glue 15 minutes or more to work. At first this seemed to do the job.
I gave the edges a good coating of the TPE solvent and pressed her arm down to close the hole. I then gave her 15 minutes wait before opening the arm out and applying the next area with solvent.
This worked the first few times. But when it came to the back area it failed. The TPE in that part is not making contact so as soon as I open her arm up. The area that was cured splits appart.
It does this for any amount of time I leave the solvent to work. Which by the way was half a day at the last trial.
My current line of thinking goes back to melting down some sample TPE to fill the back and closing the arm to wait and see if this works.
Who are my Doll's?

coolumbia
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by coolumbia »

maybe a small air bubble or a tiny fault started it off. we all know this should not happen with a new doll.
you're an experienced doll owner so newbie schoolboy error will not wash.
i hope your vendor will step up and do the right thing.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Samuel_78 wrote:Update,

After messaging Joy of BD, I was told she could send me a glue to fix this issue.
Have you asked Joy to replace the doll by chance?

I don't understand. Do you think you caused this damage with your own carelessness? Does it seem normal to you that this damage has occurred? You lifted her arm to put a shirt on, and it looks like she's been in a fight with a vicious animal.

Samuel_78
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Samuel_78 »

To answer your question Seattle. No I did not ask Joy to replace Chastity for me.
Rather I saw it as Coolumbia said an air bubbles or other fault that happened to occur when I over stressed this section of her TPE skin.
Not uncommon since the issue has risen here on that the tdf before. And I was able to find the name armpit crater. Also,
I'm not the type to send a car back to the manufacturer to have them replace a tire. Or a computer back to the maker to replace the memor. Noty if I can do the job myself which is why I turned to the forums for an answer.
Who are my Doll's?

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

Well, that's very friendly of you. I might be a jerk, but it seems more like a manufacturing defect to me. I just haven't seen this happen on a brand new doll, and I don't see how putting a shirt on is over-stressing any TPE.

Also the car and computer analogy doesn't work for me. Doll armpits aren't like tires or memory sticks, which are separate parts easily replaced without a whole new car or computer. Armpits are part of the chassis...

Joy is lucky to have you as a customer and not me.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

TPE is very tight and under pressure in armpit area even if there is no molding defect from factory.
It's why the folks around here do not recommend lifting arms over head too much. Could tear. In your case did.

If you want to fix with heat of solder iron, it'll have to be in relaxed position. Close up arm and try to fuse material working from inside out. Spare TPE will be helpful to add some in, so that it will bring back strength to the area. Otherwise, it'll just open again.

A variable temp solder iron on lowest setting. This possibly may be the most difficult area to finish to get a clean look.

It can be fixed satisfactorily, do not give up. Use ingenuity and imagination, and you'll have her farting with cupped hand in armpit in no time. :)

These air pockets in molding processes, are causing these companies great grief lately lol

INFORMATIONS