Starpery.com

Silicone heel damage

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Forb
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Silicone heel damage

Post by Forb »

Less than 2 weeks old and her heel has a really bad rip:
DSC_0263.JPG
DSC_0263.JPG (390.01 KiB) Viewed 667 times
It doesn't close on it's own:
DSC_0264.JPG
DSC_0264.JPG (409.24 KiB) Viewed 667 times
I'm more confident this time, since I just did a repair on my 1st doll, but I'm wondering what is the correct method for closing the gap. Currently I cleaned out the wound with alcohol and wrapped up her foot with gauze and an ace bandage. It's really tight, can these wraps be used to let the glue set?
DSC_0267.JPG
DSC_0267.JPG (697.2 KiB) Viewed 667 times
I'd hate to have a bunch of gauze glued to her foot that I guess I'd have to carefully cut off...

If anyone is wondering, this is a sanhui 158 and wow is this super soft silicone. I didn't catch the rip when it happened but I think I bear hug lifted her from behind and I might have leaned her back a bit on her heel as I was lifting her. Her heel probably dragged forward on the floor for an inch or two. A simple pair of socks might have saved this from happening... lesson learned.

Thanks for any tips!
-Melissa: 2017 Sanhui 156/Amelia
-Abby: 2018 Sanhui 158/Marya

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Silicone heel damage

Post by Jimbofod »

Oh no! That new SH silicone is really soft. That's really a bummer. :( It's fixable though.

I think the main other thing is to spray with acetone and let air dry before gluing.

If you glue and wrap, there is a risk that it leaks out and coats the outside of her foot. I made a mistake like this once. Either use minimal glue at first (might have to do it twice) or some other method of holding the heel together while you can monitor for leaking. If you use silpoxy it is solid enough after 12 minutes or so. For that long you could hold it in place. As you probably know, use nitrile gloves and good ventilation as well. Plan ahead and take your time. You can use a qtip to apply so you don't overdo it. You got this. :thumbs_up:

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Clean with acetone. Smear surfaces with Permatex windshield sealant flowable silicone. Bind with cling-film.

Should be invisible.

Use too little silicone rather than too much. You can always add in a second tranche.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Forb
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Forb »

Thanks Jimbo and Harem,

Well the procedure didn't go quite as I hoped but she does feel solidly repaired which was most important to me.

One more pic pre-repair showing how deep the tear went:
DSC_0297a.jpg
DSC_0297a.jpg (426.15 KiB) Viewed 571 times
I practiced applying pressure to see what forces where needed to put the 2 sides back together seamlessly and they went back together almost perfect. So I used a small paint brush to coat every surface with Permatex. So far so good, I thought. When I started to close her back up the 2 sides were not coming together the same way they were before the glue... oh well, I had to wrap her up quick. I used an Ace Bandage and I had to go over the wound, as just going around her heel wasn't closing the gap enough. I was very worried I'd have pieces of the bandage glued to her that I'd need to cut off later... BUT the bandage came right off! whew. :thumbs_up:

Ok, it's not pretty, but honestly the aesthetics of the bottom of her feet were already ruined by the standing bolts.
DSC_0021.JPG
DSC_0021.JPG (627.38 KiB) Viewed 571 times
DSC_0022.JPG
DSC_0022.JPG (584.34 KiB) Viewed 571 times
Since the Ace bandages have been working so well I think I'm going to keep her feet wrapped 24/7 and I'll just cover that up with socks.
-Melissa: 2017 Sanhui 156/Amelia
-Abby: 2018 Sanhui 158/Marya

INFORMATIONS