Starpery.com

6YE head on other bodies

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
orchido

6YE head on other bodies

Post by orchido »

I would like to use a 6YE head on a WM Dolls body, but there are no adapters available for 6YE.
Therefore, I would have to either modify the head or the body.

I tried to unscrew the neck pin, but it didn't budge with the force I dared to apply on it. It looks like it might be screwed in, but it could also be baked or glued in place. Does anyone know the construction details of the 6YE neck head assembly?

Has anyone tried to do this kind of mod for a doll to create a hybrid?

amytyl
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: 6YE head on other bodies

Post by amytyl »

Yes, but it is extensive and requires a smaller wm head, with no guarantee of perfection. You would first have to remove the eyes, then carefully peel the TPE from both skulls. The 6ye face has protrusions that fit into the skull and must be removed to fit on a WM skull. Adjust as necessary.
For more pics of my beautiful companions see: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14498

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

orchido,
Can you please take a picture of the bottom of your 6ye head?
They have three options, m16, generation 1 and generation 2.
If your face has no threads then it should be a G1 or G2.
Once we know that we can move on forward or you can try the idea above.
Best,
Jeff
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

orchido

Post by orchido »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:orchido,
Can you please take a picture of the bottom of your 6ye head?
They have three options, m16, generation 1 and generation 2.
If your face has no threads then it should be a G1 or G2.
Once we know that we can move on forward or you can try the idea above.
Best,
Jeff
I believe it's G1. It doesn't have the 2 extra tabs of G2.
pin.jpg
pin.jpg (156.19 KiB) Viewed 1483 times

orchido

Post by orchido »

amytyl wrote:Yes, but it is extensive and requires a smaller wm head, with no guarantee of perfection. You would first have to remove the eyes, then carefully peel the TPE from both skulls. The 6ye face has protrusions that fit into the skull and must be removed to fit on a WM skull. Adjust as necessary.
Wow, that's a radical mod. I'm not quite ready to try something that advanced, at least not yet.

Dalo1970
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dalo1970 »

[quote="orchido"]I would like to use a 6YE head on a WM Dolls body, but there are no adapters available for 6YE.

I have the same problem. Is there a solution?

orchido

Post by orchido »

Dalo1970 wrote:
orchido wrote:I would like to use a 6YE head on a WM Dolls body, but there are no adapters available for 6YE.

I have the same problem. Is there a solution?
The steel pin is glued to the threads in the scull plate so I was not able to unscrew it. W-40 and acetone bath was not able to get in there either. It most likely has M16x2 thread as the pin diameter matches the WM neck bolt diameter. So now I'm thinking about drilling the body's neck connector to 15 mm inner diameter in order to allow the pin to drop in there. It won't be a very solid connection, but it should work for light use.

Dalo1970
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Dalo1970 »

The steel pin is glued to the threads in the scull plate so I was not able to unscrew it. W-40 and acetone bath was not able to get in there either. It most likely has M16x2 thread as the pin diameter matches the WM neck bolt diameter. So now I'm thinking about drilling the body's neck connector to 15 mm inner diameter in order to allow the pin to drop in there. It won't be a very solid connection, but it should work for light use.[/quote]

I made a reduction. The length is long enough to hide the pin.
Attachments
20180724_152242.jpg
20180724_152242.jpg (140.18 KiB) Viewed 1331 times

INFORMATIONS