Starpery.com

Odd stains on TPE doll

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
7kantara
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Odd stains on TPE doll

Post by 7kantara »

Hi all,

My TPE doll is about 8 months old and I've just noticed that one of her feet and a hand are turning a dark colour, the rest of her is fine with no staining at all anywhere else. I don't want this to spread. She's never worn dark clothing so I'm puzzled what this is. I'm pretty sure its not mildew as she's used for photography only. Don't want to try any strong cleaner until I know what's causing it. I've seen a cleaner on sale from various sites but its expensive. Any advice on what else I can try.

Cheers

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Odd stains on TPE doll

Post by Mr Franz »

Hard to say without seeing it. Post a pic or 2 please.

NakedSanta
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by NakedSanta »

7kantara wrote:Hi all,

My TPE doll is about 8 months old and I've just noticed that one of her feet and a hand are turning a dark colour, the rest of her is fine with no staining at all anywhere else. I don't want this to spread. She's never worn dark clothing so I'm puzzled what this is. I'm pretty sure its not mildew as she's used for photography only. Don't want to try any strong cleaner until I know what's causing it. I've seen a cleaner on sale from various sites but its expensive. Any advice on what else I can try.

Cheers
The exact same thing just happened with my NEW doll I have had for only two days. I was giving her a bath, the first one ever, in lukewarm to cool water and noticed one of her heels (the right one) was dark, like it had a bruise. I quickly drained the water and rinsed her thoroughly, then dried her completely. Right now she is sitting in a chair facing a fan hoping it had to do with water somehow and drying her better might help. It's been a half-hour, though, and still no improvement. I will post pics so anyone who can help will see what I'm talking about.
If there is nothing that can be done I can live with the "bruise," since it doesn't affect my relationship with her, but I would like to know what causes this so it doesn't happen (hopefully) again.
Help? Anyone? Please???
Attachments
heel bruise 1.jpg
heel bruise 1.jpg (1.88 MiB) Viewed 1866 times
heel bruise 2.jpg
heel bruise 2.jpg (1.56 MiB) Viewed 1866 times
The greatest pleasure I ever have is being with my grandchildren and watching them laugh and smile.
~~NakedSanta

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Possible from skeleton staining from inside? Corrosion? Is she immersed in water when cleaned? *Revision* May be a safe bet not to bath her in bathtub. Good sexy sponge baths work great too :)

Urdor Izajar
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Urdor Izajar »

I'd start with trying to wipe it off with some baby oil. If that doesn't work move on to your prefered stain removing method. Mine's a watered down hydrogen peroxide toothpaste.

My girl's feet turned pretty dark but cleaning it with the baby oil worked for me. But that took some time to get to that point. Not two days later.

Do not submerge a tpe doll! You can damage the skeleton.
#62 and #74 and #108 heads on a 140D, 155A, or 166C
Beth, Eliza, Nikki

Bob Ross speaks to me when I'm doing makeup. He says "Don't mess up or your going to have to put a happy tree there."

Keyman

Post by Keyman »

Are these Alibaba or knockoff type dolls?

RainKing
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RainKing »

Keyman wrote:Are these Alibaba or knockoff type dolls?

NakedSanta's is a 6YE I know for a fact as we communicated outside TDF and I "recruited" him to come and hang with us. So all you boys and girls better be good this year!!

See, I sent a letter to Santa telling him I wanted another girl for Christmas this year, and he sent one back asking me what is this girl you speak of? and I explained it all to him and he said that Mrs. Clause spends so much time baking cookies and tending to the elves that she has no time for him so he flew his sled over to China an picked one out!
Well, not really but it's a funny story right??

Yes try the baby oil.

Rainy
MDBG
Formerly known as SillyconeLover (it was only for a week)

NakedSanta
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by NakedSanta »

RGC_0767 wrote:Possible from skeleton staining from inside? Corrosion? Is she immersed in water when cleaned? *Revision* May be a safe bet not to bath her in bathtub. Good sexy sponge baths work great too :)
This is her first bath. I've only had her two days. She's brand spanking new. I really wish I'd heard that about the sponge bath earlier. I've been reading all I can and everyone says to "bathe" our dolls, so that's exactly what I did. Sponge bath from now on, just in case, though it's only the one heel and not anywhere else on her body.

NakedSanta
The greatest pleasure I ever have is being with my grandchildren and watching them laugh and smile.
~~NakedSanta

NakedSanta
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by NakedSanta »

RainKing wrote:
Keyman wrote:Are these Alibaba or knockoff type dolls?

NakedSanta's is a 6YE I know for a fact as we communicated outside TDF and I "recruited" him to come and hang with us. So all you boys and girls better be good this year!!

See, I sent a letter to Santa telling him I wanted another girl for Christmas this year, and he sent one back asking me what is this girl you speak of? and I explained it all to him and he said that Mrs. Clause spends so much time baking cookies and tending to the elves that she has no time for him so he flew his sled over to China an picked one out!
Well, not really but it's a funny story right??

Yes try the baby oil.

Rainy
Heh heh heh Good one, RainKing. That's almost how it happened for me. Mrs. Claus IS always too busy and the female elves are a tad too small for me, and besides, it's never a good idea to "diddle the workforce," eh? And since I'm always around toys and dolls I thought, "Hmmm, there are some REALLY NICE dolls out there just waiting to be boinked by Santa," so I checked them out and here I am. Shhh, don't tell the Missus Clause, eh?

NakedSanta
~~NakedSanta

NakedSanta
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by NakedSanta »

Urdor Izajar wrote:I'd start with trying to wipe it off with some baby oil. If that doesn't work move on to your prefered stain removing method. Mine's a watered down hydrogen peroxide toothpaste.

My girl's feet turned pretty dark but cleaning it with the baby oil worked for me. But that took some time to get to that point. Not two days later.

Do not submerge a tpe doll! You can damage the skeleton.
I'll try it all, the mineral oil first, then peroxide with toothpaste if it's still there, thanks. Never again submerging her in a tub. Sponge baths from now on.

NakedSanta
~~NakedSanta

NakedSanta
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by NakedSanta »

So I let her heel sit for a few days to see if it went away. It didn't, so I wiped it gently with mineral oil and it eventually went away. Thanks for the help, all...

NakedSanta
~~NakedSanta

The Romantic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Romantic »

I never see a good reason to take a TPE doll into a bath or shower. Mineral oil and baby wipes should provide all the needed cleaning. If a water based wash is needed, spray bottle with mild soapy water.

With regards to odd staining, it's important to note that it's not just their clothing that can stain them, but ANY material or surface they come in contact with that has a dark dye. Your black jeans, dark poly clothing, dark furniture (especially leather). All these things can catch you by surprise and stain your girl when your not paying attention.

If she has her feet propped up on a dark footrest, that could be the culprit. It could just be a dirty smudge type stain as well (which is why mineral oil would pop it right out).
"Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze."

itvman

Post by itvman »

The Romantic wrote:I never see a good reason to take a TPE doll into a bath or shower. Mineral oil and baby wipes should provide all the needed cleaning. If a water based wash is needed, spray bottle with mild soapy water.

With regards to odd staining, it's important to note that it's not just their clothing that can stain them, but ANY material or surface they come in contact with that has a dark dye. Your black jeans, dark poly clothing, dark furniture (especially leather). All these things can catch you by surprise and stain your girl when your not paying attention.

If she has her feet propped up on a dark footrest, that could be the culprit. It could just be a dirty smudge type stain as well (which is why mineral oil would pop it right out).

INFORMATIONS