Starpery.com

Screwing a head on, help

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
MrVitalic
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Screwing a head on, help

Post by MrVitalic »

Ok so again I need some advice about how you properly put a wm head on ... Its an absolute pain . I already started to detach tpe from the inner threaded rod inside her neck. I try my best to compress the neck but it doesnt work too well. I have done some friction damage but fortunately they are no visible when the head is on. What to do ? That one thing is driving me crazy, and Im afraid that each time I dress her Il damage her even more in the process. :x help !!
Dolls are awesome ! :glou:

- Marianne wm157b/head 159 from BCD ❤❤❤

Favorite song or mix atm, this change in a heartbeat.

Arthur1960
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Screwing a head on, help

Post by Arthur1960 »

Hi there, first, from what you say it sounds like your removing the head every time you dress your gal? That isn't really necessary, it may make dressing a but easier but with practice you can dress her ok with the head still on. Right to get a good fit for the head it's usually best to screw the neck bolt into the neck first, preferably with some plumbers tape (PTFE tape) on the threads. Using a pair of pliers get the bolt in there tight and then put some more plumbers tape onto the the threads at the other end (about 2" tape should be enough) then you may want to add a washer over the bolt to help seat the head. I have been using about 2 rubber O rings but others have used large felt washers, these help to seat the head and reduce any wobble. At this point it helps to powder the neck a little to reduce friction on the tpe, then screw on the head carefully turning until you feel resistance, don't over tighten, hopefully the head is now facing forward, if not you may have to try again with another washer. Hope that helps.

I just remembered that I started a thread on this very thing a while back so I have just bumped it, might be worth a read.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Putting talc around the top of the neck helps as a lubrication and prevention of sticking

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

Starquake

Post by Starquake »

Magnetic head connectors are great :)

I think there are others now but these are the ones I have, and whole heartedly recommend for an easy life
http://en.dollstudio.org/supplier/indigo-individual

Plenty of powder in the head cavity and on the neck, and squeeze the neck to reduce contact while you screw the head-on was my preferred method before I got the magnetic connectors.

MrVitalic
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by MrVitalic »

Ok guys , Il do my best to prevent any further damage :( and oh so yes I will order a magnetic head connector. Im a bit sad about the situation , but this is the learnig cuve

MrVitalic
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by MrVitalic »

And I made a couple friction damage because of my noobness, nothing to bad but she is new. Is there any chance I can fix these ? thx

RainKing
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RainKing »

MrVitalic wrote:And I made a couple friction damage because of my noobness, nothing to bad but she is new. Is there any chance I can fix these ? thx
Hey Mr V!

May we see a pic of this? or you can PM me if you like. I'm curious to see what happened.
Eva's neck bolt area is also loosing its grip. I know of no way to glue TPE to it. since it don't really stick to metal :( just dust and lint!!!

RK
MDBG
Formerly known as SillyconeLover (it was only for a week)

amytyl
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by amytyl »

Coat the friction points with Vaseline (petroleum jelly). It makes the whole process easier.
For more pics of my beautiful companions see: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14498

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

RainKing wrote:
MrVitalic wrote:And I made a couple friction damage because of my noobness, nothing to bad but she is new. Is there any chance I can fix these ? thx
Hey Mr V!

May we see a pic of this? or you can PM me if you like. I'm curious to see what happened.
Eva's neck bolt area is also loosing its grip. I know of no way to glue TPE to it. since it don't really stick to metal :( just dust and lint!!!

RK
I've cut a small amount around the threaded tube for the sake of spare tpe. Remember the TPE paste recipe we discussed? It works. When the time comes I will put this in to fill. It does stick enough to metal. I'm using a metal stir stick to stir up the paste, the stuff sets on the metal, but does pull off easy enough if pulled hard
But once on that steel piece, there is no need to pull it off.
If wrapped thread or thin string around using super glue it may hold better when brushing the paste on.
Adding a bit of powder to top and sides of neck, plus a bit on the inside of head skin where it meets the neck will help keep a smooth surface to reduce grabbing.

INFORMATIONS