Starpery.com

Regarding TPE repairs on WM dolls.

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
SoloWins007
Apprentice
Apprentice

Regarding TPE repairs on WM dolls.

Post by SoloWins007 »

Hey all!

Just got my very first minor tear in a TPE doll and am considering soldering it.

I have been watching a lot of footage of successful repairs accomplished by use of a soldering iron and am inspired to attempt it myself; but want to know a few things about it first.

Is there a recommended temperature to set the iron to? The one I've purchased appears to be able to adjust the power to create desired temperatures, which seems very useful! I'm unsure of what temperature that TPE begins to melt at, though.. I'd imagine it doesn't take much.

Secondly, is there a way to get my hands on a TPE sample from WM dolls themselves, by chance? I'd like to be able to do a little dolly medical school before attempting any surgeries on my actual toy :D

Any other additional words of advice would also be most useful here.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me! I appreciate it

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Regarding TPE repairs on WM dolls.

Post by Mr Franz »

I'm sure someone here can help you with that. Knowing where the tear is and some photos would be helpful though.

Urdor Izajar
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Urdor Izajar »

If a vendor can't supply a test piece then you could buy an insert instead. But if you are going to buy an insert then you might as well order some tpe glue too.
#62 and #74 and #108 heads on a 140D, 155A, or 166C
Beth, Eliza, Nikki

Bob Ross speaks to me when I'm doing makeup. He says "Don't mess up or your going to have to put a happy tree there."

SoloWins007
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by SoloWins007 »

Mr Franz wrote:I'm sure someone here can help you with that. Knowing where the tear is and some photos would be helpful though.
I will try to get some photos updated so we can have a peek on the forums ^^ camera is down atm pending charging lol.

But the tear is located directly on the doll's patella region in the knee; about an inch in length and very near to the skeleton's joint deep. I was foolish when unboxing the doll and got caught completely off guard by its weight / dropped it like a weakling - it was hilarious hahaha. But after the laughing was over, I'd noticed the tear in the knee and have been thinking of fixing it ever since; so far it hasn't progressed, but I have not used it rigorously.
Urdor Izajar wrote:If a vendor can't supply a test piece then you could buy an insert instead. But if you are going to buy an insert then you might as well order some tpe glue too.
That is a very good idea. This doll came with an insert for the vagina and I think that I can cannibalize some of it if needed - I won't be needing the full length of it, as much as it hurts my ego to admit :3

I've gone ahead and have purchased a Dewalt hot air gun / sculpting spade and think that I can use that with a TPE sample to fill in the crack much like a dentist would a filling in a tooth. This technique seems to be getting a lot of success based on the videos I've seen, but I just want to double check with the repair section here to make sure! ;)

Booty Call Dolls
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by Booty Call Dolls »

You might want to check out two threads in the stickies.
Love,
The BCD Girls
http://dolldesire.com/
. One vendor name kept coming up as being great at helping customers walk through the process, Booty Call Dolls. So I decided I would work with them on this first purchase, and did.
-princeoverit
You could not of found a better person to help you with your first doll. Jeff /Booty call dolls, knows his stuff... One of the few members that is a vendor and a real lover of dolls. He owns quite a few dolls, and really understands the love we all share.
-Just in time

SoloWins007
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by SoloWins007 »

Booty Call Dolls wrote:You might want to check out two threads in the stickies.
Love,
The BCD Girls

Thank you for that!

The videos and other info in your medic101 post were great :D

The Messenger
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by The Messenger »

Hey SoloWins007,
How's your girl doing?
Zenobia - WM163 H-cup - Eye Candy - 10 Week Journal
Mavia - D4E165 I-cup - Eye Candy
BFF!
Instagram

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

SoloWins007 wrote:Hey all!

Is there a recommended temperature to set the iron to? The one I've purchased appears to be able to adjust the power to create desired temperatures, which seems very useful! I'm unsure of what temperature that TPE begins to melt at, though.. I'd imagine it doesn't take much.

Secondly, is there a way to get my hands on a TPE sample from WM dolls themselves, by chance? I'd like to be able to do a little dolly medical school before attempting any surgeries on my actual toy :D
If your iron's temp is min. 200c that is too hot. If you have a solder station, they are more ideal, and can be set to lower temps.
TPE starts to get soft at around 150c. and is workable. Most TPE blends will differ slightly in temps they become molten. But in all the melt testing I've done 150c is an average.

I've use a solder iron to stitch a cut that was done for hand replacement, and used a hot air solder rework for finishing and smoothing it out.
Your knee cut is thicker material in that area, and it all depends how deep gash is too.
Getting spare TPE is crucial. Ordering a sample is a good idea, but getting the same skin tone may be tricky. Could always snip some from the neck area on top of doll. Do not need much. :)

INFORMATIONS