Starpery.com

Tear in the "Clinical Perineum" aka between the vagina & ass

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
mleecams81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Tear in the "Clinical Perineum" aka between the vagina & ass

Post by mleecams81 »

So it finally split for good. After MANY repairs with TPE glue, which seemed to only help temporarily. A bit frustrated due to the cost of these things. I'm feeling like there's no permanent fix.

This is obviously a common problem with these I assume. So any ideas how to actually fix this problem?

It has officially torn between the area (since now it just has been progressively getting worse with no permanent solution from TPE glue.

I'd almost be willing to send it somewhere to get fixed, but the shipping costs are probably not worth it. I like the doll. Would be cool to get it fixed.

Any ideas?

amytyl
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Tear in the "Clinical Perineum" aka between the vagina &

Post by amytyl »

My oldest TPE doll is 3 and a half years old and due to frequent use that battle was long lost, despite much repair work. If you can find an insert with an attached labia (the old WM 153 ones were perfect!) that can help cover it.
For more pics of my beautiful companions see: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14498

mleecams81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mleecams81 »

amytyl wrote:My oldest TPE doll is 3 and a half years old and due to frequent use that battle was long lost, despite much repair work. If you can find an insert with an attached labia (the old WM 153 ones were perfect!) that can help cover it.

Where do you buy those at?

Wish there was a way to actually fix it. The TPE glue didn't really work. It would work initially, but as soon as any pressure was exerted on the area it would rip again. It was a losing battle. Would fix it immediately after use. After cleaning it of course.

This one only lasted a year. Didn't use it all that much. Feel like it's pretty much useless now. A bit frustrated with these things costing so much. Should be a way to get it fixed.

Is everyone having these issues?

amytyl
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by amytyl »

Not all TPE dolls tear that way. It happened with my WM 158 and 161, but not my 163's, YL 148, 155 or 165, PD 162's and no sign on my 162 yet. Certain TPE blends could be to blame, as could the construction (my 158 had an air pocket in the left hip which made the tear worse.)
For more pics of my beautiful companions see: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14498

The Romantic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Romantic »

Also, I think a better repair would involve heat. Primarily a soldering iron. There are some threads discussing techniques. Indigo offers a soldering iron attachment kit and oils to help with this. I have it but haven't worked with it yet.

TPE glue is actually only good for superficial cuts in non-stress areas. And can usually do more harm than good anywhere stress is involved.
"Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze."

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

I just want to interject and add that there is no such thing as TPE GLUE. It is a solvent.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. If your really into dolls, invest in a silicone one or be prepared to replace TPE on a regular time frame.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

The Romantic
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by The Romantic »

With regards to your tear, can you still use the insert and she's functional but really unsightly? If that's the case then perhaps you could try this:

Sophie is kind enough to demonstrate the use of a non-standard insert (in this case a 17 Bordeaux by Toysheart) and some boyshort panties (tights or pantyhose could work too) to camouflage damage and make your girl more visually appealing.

If using a non-standard insert, be carful not to use one too big or even worse damage will occur. The 17 Bordeaux is perfect in girth, but a little short in length. So you can insert a chunk of an old insert or something first, then the new insert.

You can also save yourself a lot of trouble removing and reinserting the insert (and risking further damage) by using female condoms.

And again, thanks to Sophie for being such a "willing" model...
Attachments
IMG_20180914_063437287_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180914_063437287_HDR.jpg (1.34 MiB) Viewed 2210 times
IMG_20180916_072230529_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180916_072230529_HDR.jpg (1.25 MiB) Viewed 2210 times
IMG_20180916_072355646_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180916_072355646_HDR.jpg (1.22 MiB) Viewed 2210 times
IMG_20180916_072511409_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180916_072511409_HDR.jpg (1.38 MiB) Viewed 2210 times
IMG_20180916_072948709_HDR.jpg
IMG_20180916_072948709_HDR.jpg (1.37 MiB) Viewed 2210 times
"Romance is the glamour which turns the dust of everyday life into a golden haze."

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

mleecams81 wrote:So it finally split for good. After MANY repairs with TPE glue, which seemed to only help temporarily. A bit frustrated due to the cost of these things. I'm feeling like there's no permanent fix.

This is obviously a common problem with these I assume. So any ideas how to actually fix this problem?

It has officially torn between the area (since now it just has been progressively getting worse with no permanent solution from TPE glue.

I'd almost be willing to send it somewhere to get fixed, but the shipping costs are probably not worth it. I like the doll. Would be cool to get it fixed.

Any ideas?
I have many ideas, some work, some are still being played around with.

Get some basic hot air tools. and a lower wattage solder iron 30/40 watt. Are you handy? got patience?. If this all that is wrong with your doll, then it may be worth to give it a go.

Some will call me a madman... YES!! IAM!! but I'm not scared of a little ole TPE rip, or even a big one. Only get good at something, by doing...

Solvents are impossible with BIG tears. they're meant for dinky rips. :)

Make your doll hot with heat... :)

Here is some mad man maniac videos, but things are slowly improving in the technique department... but most important, MAKE it FuN!!

Here is some of my YouTube videos experimenting with major repairs....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUR8amnDHQo

Doing this sort of thing is a lot of work, but not impoosible. It's about maintenace before major things happen.

mleecams81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mleecams81 »

I've realized quickly handyman skills come in handy. << pun intended with these things.

I just tried to use the TPE glue again for the hell of it. Yep disappointed again. lol

So now I'm thinking about the soldering iron idea. This poor thing might just get mutilated, but I'm trying to have a positive perspective.

I'd rather not go to the insert at the moment. Would like to fix her up again if at all possible.

Chuck Norris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chuck Norris »

Get another post on here and then, you will be able to post pictures of the actual damage.
Pics are worth a thousand words

mleecams81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mleecams81 »

Chuck Norris wrote:Get another post on here and then, you will be able to post pictures of the actual damage.
Pics are worth a thousand words
How many posts do I need to be able to post a pic?

I checked out the one poster's vid on using a soldering iron. Maybe that is the best bet. I will post a pic when I can.

Again I'm surprised this is not more of a problem.

Guess I've been wrecking this thing lol

mleecams81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mleecams81 »

siliconelover wrote:I just want to interject and add that there is no such thing as TPE GLUE. It is a solvent.

Sorry to hear of your troubles. If your really into dolls, invest in a silicone one or be prepared to replace TPE on a regular time frame.
Pretty sure this TPE one is silicon.

Where do we find replacement silicon? You can buy strips of this places?

I'm hoping I can just warm and fuse the two sides back together using some low heat and pressure (pushing the legs together)

I really don't know what the hell I'm doing yet LMAO. I just know the TPE glue works for about 5 minutes. Like the other poster stated, it doesn't work on high stress areas. So I need another solution.

mleecams81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mleecams81 »

Here is the tear
Attachments
20181016_141536.jpg
20181016_141536.jpg (735.33 KiB) Viewed 1990 times

mleecams81
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mleecams81 »

RGC_0767 wrote:
mleecams81 wrote:So it finally split for good. After MANY repairs with TPE glue, which seemed to only help temporarily. A bit frustrated due to the cost of these things. I'm feeling like there's no permanent fix.

Any ideas?
I have many ideas, some work, some are still being played around with.

Get some basic hot air tools. and a lower wattage solder iron 30/40 watt. Are you handy? got patience?. If this all that is wrong with your doll, then it may be worth to give it a go.

Some will call me a madman... YES!! IAM!! but I'm not scared of a little ole TPE rip, or even a big one. Only get good at something, by doing...

Solvents are impossible with BIG tears. they're meant for dinky rips. :)

Make your doll hot with heat... :)

Here is some mad man maniac videos, but things are slowly improving in the technique department... but most important, MAKE it FuN!!

Here is some of my YouTube videos experimenting with major repairs....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUR8amnDHQo

Doing this sort of thing is a lot of work, but not impoosible. It's about maintenace before major things happen.
What type of heat gun do you use?

And where do you get the temp gauge?

Just tried the soldering iron technique. (< was very cautious).. Worked for little bit but as soon as any stress was applied to the area it opened back up again.

Was thinking possibly using your technique it could seal in a more complete way.

This is a very challenging repair because it's on a stress area. I'm surprised more people haven't worked on this issue.

siliconelover
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by siliconelover »

mleecams81 wrote: This is a very challenging repair because it's on a stress area. I'm surprised more people haven't worked on this issue.
The fact is, if you use and fuck your TPE doll on a regular basis, it is going to tear and split open. It can not be repaired, glued or otherwise. This is the nature of TPE and it has been around for decades. Once it starts, you are on borrowed time. Replacement will be necessary, these are disposable dolls.
SEX, DOLLS and ROCK & ROLL

INFORMATIONS