Starpery.com

Brand new Sanhui Hip joints froze

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
Forb
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Brand new Sanhui Hip joints froze

Post by Forb »

Well this isn't good. Day 2 and I can't get her hip joints to move at all. I'm a pretty strong guy and using every ounce of strength they wont budge at all in one direction (sitting) and nearly not at all in the other (spreading legs).

Yesterday she was pretty normal. Joints were very stiff but movable.

Pic of how she is currently stuck:
DSC_0224.JPG
DSC_0224.JPG (474.72 KiB) Viewed 965 times
This is Sanhui's new skeleton, ball joint I think. Not much info available, or skeleton pics. Anyone else have issues?

EDIT: Does anyone have any tips for using leverage? I'm pretty sure that's what I'll need to do, but how to go about it is not obvious...
-Melissa: 2017 Sanhui 156/Amelia
-Abby: 2018 Sanhui 158/Marya

Forb
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Brand new Sanhui Hip joints froze

Post by Forb »

Ok, I managed to move her legs into position. I'll pass this on since it took me a while to figure out. I positioned her on the edge of the bed, legs over free space. I put her thigh on my shoulder and wrapped both arms around her belly and top of the thigh. Then I could use my legs and back to put an insane amount of force on her leg... even then it didn't happen quickly but when she broke loose you gotta stop quick. [edit: I did this for each leg, both reacted identical]

Also, I backtracked my steps before she froze up and I realized one of the last things I did with her was spread her legs for the fist time this morning. I really think (for some reason) that's what triggered this freeze up.

She is still insanely stiff, but I have hope now :)

Sanhui Doll
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by Sanhui Doll »

Hi Forb,

Pls take the seamline at the side of body/limb as significant references ;) Ball-joint skeleton is not prone to loowe but by design prevents itself from damaging positions ~ If you extra tension when moving/rotating her joints, pls restore the joint(s) to original and natural position taking seamline as referent. Noteworthy, spreads of legs better be accomplished by bending her legs to 90 degree (right angle) first~ At spread positions, if you wanna adjust bending angle, similar to a real human (ligaments), closeup legs (actually rotating ball-joint inside) first ;) Move directly from spreading position to closeup one is not taken as anatomical design on this new skeleton.

Pls kindly take ball-joint in comparison to that on human and make as many natural poses coz you have been adept at~ Hit us an email whenever necessary ;)

Best regards,
Coco&KK
Sanhui Team
Official Website: https://sanhuidolls.com/
Email: admin@sanhuidolls.com (admin&support) & info@sanhuidolls.com & sanhuidollschina@yahoo.com (order & pay)

Forb
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Forb »

Thank You very much for the tips Sanhui!

When I spread her legs this morning they were not at 90, more like 45 with her feet still flush on the bed. I will keep this tip in mind. Thanks!

I didn't want to bother you right away with an email. I knew this was a learning curve + new tight joints. Her wrists are also giving me problems.

There are MANY things about my new Sanhui that I'm VERY impressed with, and I'll describe all of them in a review. I will give her joints time to loosen up and learn how to move her properly.

Thank you very much for the post!
Forb

[edit] Update: looking good, she just got cleaned, dressed and posed for bed. Her hip joints are back to normal (just nice n stiff). Whew :D

INFORMATIONS