Starpery.com

Skin issues, normal?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
RGC_0767
Former Member

Re: Skin issues, normal?

Post by RGC_0767 »

philpw99 wrote:This is highly abnormal! Now since most possible causes are eliminated. I have a very unpleasant possibility here.

Maybe this doll was defective in the factory, and they use TPE glue to repair those areas, and passed the QA like new.

Before the injection, the inside of the mold need to have a coat of oil to prevent the TPE from sticking to the mold, the worker might apply insufficient oil or liquid, thus the mold stick to the body in the separation process:
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... d&start=30
Just watch the youtube video, and you will know what I meant.
The TPE glue to smooth out the area will not last, but it can no doubt pass the QA, therefore you got this kind of problem for your doll.

It's really not a good scenario. I think it's better to inform your doll manufacturer about this ASAP.
Anung's first pic from that thread looks like my dollies skeleton. The wrist is for sure.
FullHouse's doll is 3 months old he stated. Unlikely vendor/manufacturer can help. Maybe they can.
I'm learning hot air gun reflow/melt working with this stuff...ohhh Fun!!, actually it's not that bad.
Maybe a good reflow on those areas may help.??
If these marks were always there, than it was molding defect or glue quick fix. if they recently appeared? hmmmm good question as to why!

FullHouse

Post by FullHouse »

They started to appear after about 3 weeks

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

FullHouse wrote:They started to appear after about 3 weeks
It looks like getting the air out of the mold is very important. Your girls problem does look like tiny air bubbles on surface. (to me) Abrasions have a more "scuffed" look.
All in all, it does not look like you did anything wrong.
Hopefully more areas do not appear. I know it may drive ya crazy, it would me.
Of course I'm just learning too, have been melting and messing up a TPE toy, and do get air bubbles in it. They look like little moon craters once cooled.

FullHouse

Post by FullHouse »

Well actually there aint any air pockets as it seems, but abrasions indeed. But as I was very careful with my doll I wouldn't blame my self in terms of misuse. I just feel like I gotta deal with a bad TPE mixture or bad molding process. After all I think I won't order a WM and nor from my previous vendor anymore. Maybe 6ye or DH168 will make it for my next purchase if it'll be a TPE at all. I'm tending for a Sanhui, 4Woods, or Z-One for my next doll at this point...

INFORMATIONS