Starpery.com

Any experience with Plastic Weld Cement as TPE glue?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
RGC_0767
Former Member

Re: Any experience with Plastic Weld Cement as TPE glue?

Post by RGC_0767 »

LDF wrote:Thanks Anung!

My "2 in 1 SMD Soldering Hot Air Rework Station + Stand 3 Nozzle 5 Tips 852d+ Iron Mark Ethan" is on the delivery truck. I hope to get it today.

Thanks for the description.
And? any updates? My hot air rework came today. I just looked at it, put it back in the box. lol
LuAnne said, I really do not want that near me please :)
Hey c'mon girl, it's just a fancy hair dryer LOL (just kidding)

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

Maxine loves it when I take an iron and hot air gun to her!
See, doesn’t she look happy with her brand new extended nipples?
I bet I’ll be able to keep this gal around forever!
TPE is a excellent art medium.
A0A9A28E-7BD1-4BD6-85ED-54CBFB03556C.jpeg
A0A9A28E-7BD1-4BD6-85ED-54CBFB03556C.jpeg (504.69 KiB) Viewed 1142 times

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Hot air gun I have works ok. was surprised how quiet is anyway. Played around with a test toy, but my limited knowledge, I know dolly will not be as easy going as a small toy.
The joint between thigh and groin, is very tight when relaxed, not even sure if I can get access safely there. without doing damage to inner thigh.
Far from ready to work on her.
Have a separate thread for this job. but here is the latest pic.
OOPs.jpg
Those separated pieces, I was doing ok, until some dummy (me) decided to heat up a sculptor blade/hook, and poof dug right into skin making those cuts/tears LOL
This was all before I even ordered a hot air gun... a torch works to heat tools, but it is VERY unpredictable. No consistency indeed :)

Is surface to be heated than smoothed with a tool???. I'm guessing tool will have to be same temp as TPE?? otherwise all it does is nothing but cool down the surface???

still learning folks
lol

kambui
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by kambui »

Well I am actually making progress on mine now. Originally I gave up as it being "fucked" but now I have been going back every few days and adding the Xylene treated vaginal insert goop I made, shaping it up in small steps. I am doing it in multiple stages stages. I was very, very impatient before. Now that I have a second doll to keep me occupied, the stress if getting this one fixed has lessened. I think I just need a temperature regulated soldering iron to smooth out the areas.

All I need now is a little Energon, and a lot of luck.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

kambui wrote:Well I am actually making progress on mine now. Originally I gave up as it being "fucked" but now I have been going back every few days and adding the Xylene treated vaginal insert goop I made, shaping it up in small steps. I am doing it in multiple stages stages. I was very, very impatient before. Now that I have a second doll to keep me occupied, the stress if getting this one fixed has lessened. I think I just need a temperature regulated soldering iron to smooth out the areas.

All I need now is a little Energon, and a lot of luck.
Thats good to hear! I guess we can give up too easily. I've found a solder iron not too bad to work with. Getting the feeling of it all. Patience is probably the best tool that needs the most practice.

There was no tearing in the groin area on her. It looked more dried up. Vaseline, baby oil did not remedy it at all. I did not give her an oil bath the first month.
So it may have dried there. Nowhere else on her has this problem. just on groin. Bad boy not lubing up proper!!!
I've made it slightly worse there trying heat with ball tools, then a small sculpt hook. Too much heat!

Prometheus 2112
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Prometheus 2112 »

I'll be trying this technique soon. I have an infrared gun to help me with the correct temperature range when applying heat.

stacy718
Photographer
Photographer

Post by stacy718 »

Well, this thread has been a huge help! Two of my TPE dolls have substanotears where the skeleton poked out, from my photoshoots!

I wish someone would come here and fix them for me.

:)

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

To give you all the hope that anything can be fixed. TPE solvent?. Forget that shit. good for a fresh cut is all that is meant for. Behind ears., etc.

Fixed her busted up vag.... and reflowed and smoothed out the groin area.
viewtopic.php?t=98602&p=1362602#p1362602

That's not all....

I'd cut open the foot to see how it was made, and do a possible mod for a standing foot. I quickly changed my mind.
Here is what tension will do to any seam, whether you are using solvent or heat: Just make matters worse.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hacked-foot.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is what solder iron for sealing it up once tension is removed, and to smooth it over using hot air and much patience.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Footsie-LuLu.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

TPE glue for the most part for damage like this is useless. lol
Get yourself TPE from her neck, a solder iron, hot air station, and you can repair everything on your doll.
Piece of Cake!

INFORMATIONS