Starpery.com

Handy tools for smoothing and shaping

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
bootylover24
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Handy tools for smoothing and shaping

Post by bootylover24 »

This is impressive stuff. Thanks for posting.

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

bootylover24 wrote:This is impressive stuff. Thanks for posting.
Takes a nanosecond to put a hole in the lady. :)
A hole that is not wanted. :) I have always learned best by getting my hands dirty. Reading, watching videos surely helps, but until we get in there and try what is being taught/shown. we won't learn.
At this stage, I'm probably thinking now, should have just left it as it was... WHAT??? give up???? No way!!! LOL
Yep this thread is informative... these guys in the know are smart!!
I am learning it's all in the tools used. I like making my own stuff/tools, I may not get away with that this time :? :roll:
(I'm not gonna trust myself with any type of "gun") But looks like heat gun might be best option...
Poor baby doll :mrgreen:

Fantastic Plastic
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Fantastic Plastic »

I would like to help you with this RGC.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

bootylover24 wrote:This is impressive stuff. Thanks for posting.
I appreciate the feedback as well.

This is a unique thread were the Jedi Master's of tpe doll repairs and all their faithful appostles and padawans are contributing valuable repair information, to TPE gals, that in the past has been always unclear and almost considered as untenable.

We do this for the betterment of the doll ownership experience, and a re more than happy to help maintain this, irrespective of where she was made.

keep up the accurate and good work team, and thankyou for the feedback.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

RainKing
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RainKing »

Thanks for the great info. I will undertake a WM 157b finger wire job on Eva *(yes already dammit!) and I am studying up on every bit of info I can.
Do you think this will close a hand wound up better than TPE glue?
I have a weird thing going on here:
Eva's E.T. finger
Eva's E.T. finger
Evasfinger.png (329.09 KiB) Viewed 2237 times

I would rather not have to "amputate" :(
MDBG
Formerly known as SillyconeLover (it was only for a week)

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

RainKing wrote:Thanks for the great info. I will undertake a WM 157b finger wire job on Eva *(yes already dammit!) and I am studying up on every bit of info I can.
Evasfinger.png

Broken and/or twisted finger wire. Feel around her wrist/palm for a flat plate. Many make a 1" slice on palm to gain access to the wires. A small incision, you'll be surprised how well you can work with that. have a look at Crazycajun's videos of his finger replacement. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHqftsp9k8k
That was a WM doll he repaired. R.I.P CC :(l
If it is not broken, take a bit of patience to get it straightened. But could break playing it with. They are VERY thin these wires.
In my very limited experience, I found a bit of heat from solder iron will work better than glue. I made a thin copper blade that attached to my iron (30 watt)
to wedge in between seams to close up the wound. As I am finding out, there are tools for each doll repair job :)

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Fantastic Plastic wrote:I would like to help you with this RGC.
Appreciate any coaching :)
The little bit of damage I did looks worse in a close up than it does from a normal distance. It is amazing how one can gain a bit of confidence by practicing, getting the feel for it all, then it all changes LOL. I think when I first started I had her position correct. I had to move her into hiding LOL, then when I returned to it later, I did not have the same relaxed position.
I'll have to order a rework station, found one on ebay, that looks the same as what your PM had shown.
It's an obvious choice, since everyone with experience in this thread has stated.
Burn dolly burn?? LOL all will be ok. I know when to call it quits with my dumb ideas. :)

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Not discouraged. Just thought a few simple tools would help clean up the area some. :)
I can admit wrong!! lol
OOPs.jpg
It looks to me like all is not lost by any means...
it's just OOOPS!!

RainKing
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RainKing »

RGC_0767 wrote:
RainKing wrote:Thanks for the great info. I will undertake a WM 157b finger wire job on Eva *(yes already dammit!) and I am studying up on every bit of info I can.
Evasfinger.png

Broken and/or twisted finger wire. Feel around her wrist/palm for a flat plate. Many make a 1" slice on palm to gain access to the wires. A small incision, you'll be surprised how well you can work with that. have a look at Crazycajun's videos of his finger replacement. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHqftsp9k8k
That was a WM doll he repaired. R.I.P CC :(l
If it is not broken, take a bit of patience to get it straightened. But could break playing it with. They are VERY thin these wires.
In my very limited experience, I found a bit of heat from solder iron will work better than glue. I made a thin copper blade that attached to my iron (30 watt)
to wedge in between seams to close up the wound. As I am finding out, there are tools for each doll repair job :)
Thanks for the info RGC!
Yes it's broken. The wires in the fingers feel like they are at least 4 to 5 mm in diameter. I think it's just that they broke at the palm plate attachment.
I have a small soldering iron, approx 30 to 40 watts.
Could you please PM me at your leisure, a pic of this blade?
I'm pretty mechanical, that explains Eva's makeup messes lol

I'll review CC's videos. So glad he left a legacy. R.I.P. CC
Shakka, when the walls fell.o7

Rk
MDBG

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Anung Un Rama wrote:
RGC_0767 wrote:
Anung Un Rama wrote:I am with Indigo here, this is what I do, and I use the tools to sculpt the semi molten tpe accordingly, but you need a very light touch and the oil is important less the tool bites and grabs the tpe causing more work to repair. (so again practice on test pieces to master the touch and oil application technique).

The other trick is feathering the heat form the gun to ensure even heat transfer as well, and as shot does suggests, a digital laser thermometer is great if you got an extra set of hands.

I discuss the heat repair technique here https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 9#p1279899 and elaborate further in a few posts after that one.

Anung
Yes, it was a post you did a while back, I copied and pasted that to a text file. It's easy to get info mixed up on forums this size :) That is sort of what goes with this doll. It grabs the TPE in tiny little blots. That temp is the key there. I'd rather be cautious than jump in like a fool :)
That's the difference between my test TPE and this doll. The test TPE is so easy to work with, this doll is more stubborn. WoW the doll and I have something in common. Stubbornness :)
That's is due to the fact that the dolly is far larger and has far more material for thermal conduction than a tpe test piece, thus her body mass forms a heat sink, hence we hot gun feather back and forth to normalise the higher temp over a greater area and mass. :thumbs_up:

So why use a test piece at all then?

Sure, it is about the repairer getting to know how the tpe reacts, and gaining experience of what the matrial does in it solid, semi molten and molten forms, as well as training the repairer to master the amount and type of required touch and pressure required, without catastrophic blunders on their valuable dolly.

the proceedure is the same for both, just slower and more hands on with heat regulation with the heat gun for dolly.

Anung
Have one of these on the way... pic is actual model. with 3 attachments 700 watt
hotgun.jpg
Of course, this thing makes me more nervous than a solder iron. Especially in the area I am trying to work with. I have steel brake line I can mod a longer tip from that I think.
A hot doll is about to get hotter!!! LOL
Should see this station sometime late next week...

RainKing
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by RainKing »

RGC,
That's what I was talking about sorta in our PMs.

Here is a small demo of how it can work, but it's on a circuit board.

I'll start it at a point needed.
450 deg C of hot air on your dick he says LOL

https://youtu.be/a67p6pziKz8?t=12m33s
MDBG

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

RainKing wrote:RGC,
That's what I was talking about sorta in our PMs.

Here is a small demo of how it can work, but it's on a circuit board.

I'll start it at a point needed.
450 deg C of hot air on your dick he says LOL

https://youtu.be/a67p6pziKz8?t=12m33s
I mostly read comments on YouTube videos. They seem more informative :) I recommend this tool for helping with frostbite :)

I think TPE is around 300 deg to get a flow. I'll be reading more before any attempt at using it on the skin. (not foreskin either) :mrgreen:

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

165 degrees celcius (329 deg F) will go semi molten, so do not get celsius to fahrenheit confused, as some live in a metric world, others an imperial one.

Handy converter below.

https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/tem ... nheit.html

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

RGC_0767
Former Member

Post by RGC_0767 »

Anung Un Rama wrote:165 degrees celcius (329 deg F) will go semi molten, so do not get celsius to fahrenheit confused, as some live in a metric world, others an imperial one.

Handy converter below.

https://www.rapidtables.com/convert/tem ... nheit.html

Anung
I prefer to use imperial, but we have metric in Canada. We used to be imperial then they switched over to metric in the mid 70's. Sort of dumb since America is our largest trading partner. So unfortunately I have to live in both worlds.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Anung Un Rama »

:thumbs_up: Sure, now you got a table for both, I just needed to ensure that we did not get dolly meltdowns from those that crank up the heat to 330 deg C 8O

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Mini Dolls lots!

INFORMATIONS