Starpery.com

Skeleton repair?

Ding! POP! Crash! Thud! oops...let's get her all fixed up!
LokianGOP
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Skeleton repair?

Post by LokianGOP »

I just discovered my doll has a broken pelvis.
I can feel INSIDE it.
Is this impossible to repair, as it would involve welding?
From what I can tell, the area that is broken is marked in red.
Attachments
TPE Skeleton 01.jpg
TPE Skeleton 01.jpg (299.23 KiB) Viewed 4580 times

trauma
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Skeleton repair?

Post by trauma »

Usually when a weld breaks and you re-weld that area, that area tends to break again due to metal fatigue.

Your doll is not the first to have this problem. Even if you did open the doll up to weld it you’d run the risk of melting the TPE with welding splatter if you mig welded it. I’m not sure if they tig or mig weld these frames,

Last guy on here that had a hip weld break had a WM170.

Doll manufacturers need to improve the construction/design of these frames.

LokianGOP
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by LokianGOP »

trauma wrote:Usually when a weld breaks and you re-weld that area, that area tends to break again due to metal fatigue.

Your doll is not the first to have this problem. Even if you did open the doll up to weld it you’d run the risk of melting the TPE with welding splatter if you mig welded it. I’m not sure if they tig or mig weld these frames,

Last guy on here that had a hip weld break had a WM170.

Doll manufacturers need to improve the construction/design of these frames.
I was afraid of that.
And I have a WM170 also :cry:

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Hmmm.
I weld with a mig. I think it could be done. If you use asbestos blanketing you could protect the outlying tpe. That said, the incisions required to fully expose the area would be rather substantial. I do believe it could be done though...
As an aside, how old is the doll? If she's fairly young, getting in touch with your vendor might be something to think about.
For what it's worth, doll infrastructure is quite possibly the single biggest issue for improvement in this industry.

LokianGOP
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by LokianGOP »

Dollyman25442 wrote:Hmmm.
I weld with a mig. I think it could be done. If you use asbestos blanketing you could protect the outlying tpe. That said, the incisions required to fully expose the area would be rather substantial. I do believe it could be done though...
As an aside, how old is the doll? If she's fairly young, getting in touch with your vendor might be something to think about.
For what it's worth, doll infrastructure is quite possibly the single biggest issue for improvement in this industry.
I got her the beginning of January of this year, and I have contacted them.
I have read about the fingers and even the toes, but never heard of this, till it happened to me of course. :cry:

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

LokianGOP wrote:
Dollyman25442 wrote:Hmmm.
I got her the beginning of January of this year, and I have contacted them.
I have read about the fingers and even the toes, but never heard of this, till it happened to me of course. :cry:
January this year!
Holy shit. If that's a new doll purchase then you have a defective doll that needs free replacement. Contact your tdf approved (?) vendor and insist, no love, get tdf involved.
Contrastly, pay pal or your credit card company is your friend.

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

The TPE manufacturers haven't upgraded their skeleton to cope with superheavy bodies.

This is a case of doll being made not fit for purpose.

This should be raised with WM and your vendor.

You should have a free replacement and if not please let me know and then I will make noises. That threat should be alarm bell enough for a free replacement to come your way very fast. You have a public duty to demand a replacement so that WM focus on making their design better.

In my opinion it might be an idea to ask for the replacement to be a lower weight doll.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

LokianGOP
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by LokianGOP »

haremlover wrote:The TPE manufacturers haven't upgraded their skeleton to cope with superheavy bodies.

This is a case of doll being made not fit for purpose.

This should be raised with WM and your vendor.

You should have a free replacement and if not please let me know and then I will make noises. That threat should be alarm bell enough for a free replacement to come your way very fast. You have a public duty to demand a replacement so that WM focus on making their design better.

In my opinion it might be an idea to ask for the replacement to be a lower weight doll.

Best wishes

Harem
Yeah from what I can feel, her hip broke at the weld joint, from the angle of the break. I kinda regret not doing more with her, since she was usually on her back and wrapped in a blanket with a pillow and more blankets over her to protect her. I'd say she spent 95% or more time in my bed on her back. If she had lasted a few years I might not be quite as upset, but I am already attached to her.
And I am still waiting for my vendor to give me an answer on repairing her toe which was damage when she arrived, let alone this.
And I don't know if I want a replacement, I'm a tall guy and wanted a doll closer to my height. The weight isn't an issue since I can move her around and she usually stays in bed.
My concern is the fragility of the TPE and now the skeleton. :?

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Please can you tell me who is the vendor? Please PM me if you don't want to say publicly.

What is the age of this doll?

I had this happen to me from a manufacturer who sent me a taller doll for photography. The doll fell, which didn't help matters, and I understand the manufacturer has upgraded their skeleton. Clearly WM need to do likewise

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Hi!

Thanks for PM

Your vendor has a good reputation in this arena.

I don't think you'll have a problem.

Best wishes

Harem

Chloé's book
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
- - - -

islazul
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by islazul »

I find the bolts/nuts at the joint hinges have come loose far too easily on some of these dolls. A little lock tight might help

Stepford_CT
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Stepford_CT »

islazul wrote:I find the bolts/nuts at the joint hinges have come loose far too easily on some of these dolls. A little lock tight might help
I have used both LocTite and JB Weld on my doll's joint nut and it is still loose. I tightened the nut and checked the movement to ensure it was properly tightened; after two moves, the nut backed out enough to allow the leg to "go limp". Not only that, the LocTite will STAIN YOUR DOLL if you are not SUPER careful!!

The best thing you can do is to JB Weld a split lock washer to an identical nut and then swap out the nuts once the JB Weld sets (24 hours). The reason for doing this is because it is virtually impossible to put the split washer on and then put on the nut because the bolt length doesn't allow it.

Hungry Bear
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Hungry Bear »

I hate to say this, but a broken hip is almost always um, terminal. I work with metal mostly, but synthetics fairly often. They do not like each other. To be honest, I am surprised they make TPE and steel work so well. IMHO if the skeleton fails, in a way that is un-fixable, its time for a new doll.
It is okay to feed the bear! In fact, it is highly recommended! Just be sure to count your fingers afterword.

jpcbird

Post by jpcbird »

Hungry Bear wrote:I hate to say this, but a broken hip is almost always um, terminal. I work with metal mostly, but synthetics fairly often. They do not like each other. To be honest, I am surprised they make TPE and steel work so well. IMHO if the skeleton fails, in a way that is un-fixable, its time for a new doll.

I agree you could re-weld the joint but it would fail again. You would not be able to close the surgery cut in TPE.
From what I've seen of china manufacturing, they do not use nylon nuts or lock tight. They do not tig weld the skeletons.
They use a flux wire mig (gas less) and get poor penetration into very thin tubing. IMO

It's a fine line between the improvements needed and the $ the buyer will pay now.
Remember "if you find something in my room it's from the Internet"

david 68
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by david 68 »

if a name brand doll skeleton brakes from poor engineering ,then its time to find a better brand.These dolls shouldn't fall apart, Just my thought.

INFORMATIONS