https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

A Little More Nutmeg... and wings

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

CinnamonLover
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

A Little More Nutmeg... and wings

Post by CinnamonLover »

Someone I very much respect on TDF asked me a few more questions about Nutmeg and flattered me with a compliment about her dress, so I thought I would post a little more about her here. My first thread about her is here at Nutmeg's Debut.

Nutmeg is a TBLeague "large breast suntan" model, and came with the only head I currently have. I'm not sure how to match heads, I'd love one that looks a little more like teenager than a mature woman, but I love the long, blond hair.

Nutmeg (much like Cinnamon) is fashioned after a character in my stories/gaming. She is supposed to be a wild sprite (and technically shorter than a Phicen/TBLeague doll, but 12" isn't THAT far off). In my imagination/stories sprites are magically bound to a flower, and in a pivotal scene my main character is battling a wraith near Nutmeg's flower and as the wraith incidentally passes through the invisible, magical tether, it severs it. Nutmeg falls to the ground, gasping and dying, when CinnamonLover (these are not their names in my books) passes close and the tether attaches to him.

The main reason to tell you this background has to do with her dress. When in the wild she thought about her appearance about as much as your average 2-or-3-year-old. Which is to say bright colors and accessories win the day and wild tangles mean nothing. She wore a dress of cobbled together leaves and moss that was constantly in disrepair, falling apart, and yet suited her in her wildness.

So when I started to look around (mostly on Etsy and eBay) for something suitable, much to my dismay I could find almost nothing and my budget had been shot for the month. Being a total amateur but at least partially possessed of moderate daily skills, I snuck a dark green dinner napkin that was more-or-less acceptable in color and texture. See, in the stories, the main character sets about making a skirt and top for Nutmeg, out of something more durable than leaves and moss. The cloth outfit delights the little sprite, being soft and flexible yet orders of magnitude more durable than her old dress.

This meant I had set my bar low. Very low. Low enough for even my pathetic skills. I mention in my first post for Nutmeg that I basically took the "hem" of the napkin, measured how long I wanted the "band" of the waist to be, then cut out leaf shapes from the napkin fabric, and used hot-glue to lay the pattern together. Using a little Velcro as fasteners, the skirt actually came together! The top was more difficult even though much less fabric. Again I used the hem to make a band, and I cut out basically a large oval. I cut the oval in half and brought the two flat "corners" together to overlap, hot-gluing them to make a "cup". Then I glued them to the band and used a little more Velcro to make the fastener again. Here's what everything looks like on the "inside":
Nutmeg_0036_DressInsideSeam.jpg
Nutmeg_0036_DressInsideSeam.jpg (191.05 KiB) Viewed 1671 times
Then came the wings. These I had actually commissioned from someone on Etsy. I haven't gotten her permission to use her name here, PM me if you want me to try to get you in touch. She does use Nutmeg as her profile picture now, though. So I guess she likes how things turned out. In any case, they were very inexpensive ($20-$25 range). I tried to pay more but she wouldn't let me. Still not sure how to send her a tip. But I plan to buy many more wings from her, so maybe it works out. It took a while for the wings to arrive because there is a long drying process and her art is clearly very well done and intricate.

Trying to attach them has been a puzzler for me. At first I thought I might make a very small incision in her back and attach them directly to her skeleton. The feedback on that option was generally negative, so I discarded it and I'm glad I did. Honestly I like being able to take the wings off when I want to. They're rather large.

I tried clear rubber bands to make it sort of like a backpack, but the wings are pretty heavy for that.

So I actually incorporated them right into the outfit.

I made a second "top" similar to the first, but instead of using the hem, I used some of the wider fabric. I got a hose clamp large enough to go all the way around Nutmeg's band size, and as "thin" as I could find it (wish I could have found thinner). I wove the wire ends of the wings into the metal of the clamp, and hot-glued everything down. Here are a few pics, I have more but they are basically redundant.
Nutmeg_0097_WingCinchBuild.jpg
Nutmeg_0097_WingCinchBuild.jpg (279.14 KiB) Viewed 1671 times
Nutmeg_0101_WingCinchBuild.jpg
Nutmeg_0101_WingCinchBuild.jpg (232.41 KiB) Viewed 1671 times
Nutmeg_0102_WingCinchBuild.jpg
Nutmeg_0102_WingCinchBuild.jpg (223.87 KiB) Viewed 1671 times
Since then I've used Gorilla Glue to firm up the wing's attachment to the band and it has worked amazing.

So, TBLeague 12" suntan large-breast doll with some generic head (Anung specified it in the Matrix but I don't know anything about it) and a home-made dress with self-attached wings. Though I did outsource the wings!
Attachments
Nutmeg_0155_StretchedOutLegUpWingsHairLocke.jpg
Nutmeg_0155_StretchedOutLegUpWingsHairLocke.jpg (183.5 KiB) Viewed 1671 times
CinnamonLover. Because I love cinnamon. And Cinnamon, and Nutmeg, and Cloves! Here is our Eye Candy Thread: CinnamonLover's Spice Girls

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: A Little More Nutmeg... and wings

Post by samara78 »

Sooooo cute!
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

CinnamonLover
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CinnamonLover »

Thanks Samara! I can't wait to start taking her "out" to do photos. She gets a GREAT reception here in the house and with my friends.
CinnamonLover. Because I love cinnamon. And Cinnamon, and Nutmeg, and Cloves! Here is our Eye Candy Thread: CinnamonLover's Spice Girls

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

great story with great pics CL thanks for posting.

carlys_guy

LoneRanger
Miniature Moderator
Miniature Moderator

Post by LoneRanger »

Now that is talent! And a clever way to attach the wings.....If you could get permission to PM the maker of the wings - I have an Angel who could use a pair :whistle:

Thanks for sharing your secret!! There will soon be a rush of winged faeries flying all over TDF...

:haha4:
L✰neR✯nger

CinnamonLover
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CinnamonLover »

You're welcome carlys_guy!

LoneRanger, I'll reach out to her and PM you back.

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

something about the name cinnamon has been bugging me ever since you announced her name and it just dawned on me why, a girl on the original mission impossible tv series was named cinnamon, i thought it was familiar but couldn't recall why until now.

carlys_guy

CinnamonLover
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by CinnamonLover »

No kidding! I'll have to catch some episodes. Thanks for sharing when you remembered! The name totally stuck, and everyone around me associates me with cinnamon and talks about cinnamon. Those who don't know about Cinnamon will say the must unwittingly hysterical things that give me a private smile. I don't know anyone named Cloves though. Clover, yes, but that's entirely different. Of course I don't HAVE Cloves yet, but she will happen. All in good time.

apliz2005
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by apliz2005 »

This is an awesome project and strory. I am loving it :)

carlys_guy
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by carlys_guy »

barbara bain played cinnamon carter from 1966-1969 on tv.

carlys_guy

Koen
Doll Artist
Doll Artist

Post by Koen »

Looks really nice, CinnamonLover. I am looking forward to see the photoseries that you will make of her in the elf outfit.

Koen
Creator of ScoonimDolls

INFORMATIONS