https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

1/6 Doll stole my heart

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

TakersRose

1/6 Doll stole my heart

Post by TakersRose »

For a few years now, I've been slowly saving for a larger doll. It's been VERY slowly going. In the meantime, I've gotten several other smaller, less expensive dolls as well as revisiting a few I already had in my collection.

One of the dolls that I've gotten is a 1/6 scale Sarina Valentina Phicen body that I put a Kimi Toys head on. This doll has become a favorite of mine and a companion. One problem I have is the fact that I don't particularly like the head that I chose for her. And I was wondering if anyone else has had that issue. Has anyone else bought a head for their doll and then they don't care for it? What do you do when you don't like the head? Do you just buy a new one? Do you pack that doll away and start over? I guess what I'm getting at, is I don't want to just dismiss this current head, she's been a part of my doll's life but she's not right for my doll.
Official Doll Accessories Fund = 47.00

Leia Marie - Teddy Bade - Doll Companion
Dyanna Lioncourt - Tonner Carol Barrie Model ~ Alpha Doll
Sarina - Phicen ~Sarina Valentina Body w/Jakks Pacific Paradise Dolls Head~
Cinderella -38" My Size Disney Cinderella Doll "
Belle - 38" My Size Disney Belle Doll

Wolferich
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: 1/6 Doll stole my heart

Post by Wolferich »

Hi, the case that I do not like a doll in the course of time I did not have. The case that I do not like a head when it arrives, happens from time to time. I also still have two heads in the drawer with which I can do nothing at all.
Try to put the doll somewhere where you don't always look at it, but still come by again and again. For example, the study. At some point, you might like it better again, or you might get the idea how to make it better.
Have a nice day or night.

Wolferich M. Mf.

Büchsenmacher MK. XI

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

Wolferich wrote:Hi, the case that I do not like a doll in the course of time I did not have. The case that I do not like a head when it arrives, happens from time to time. I also still have two heads in the drawer with which I can do nothing at all.
Try to put the doll somewhere where you don't always look at it, but still come by again and again. For example, the study. At some point, you might like it better again, or you might get the idea how to make it better.
This is a good idea. I'm looking for a box for this doll because I'm constantly keeping dust off of her. I'm wondering if perhaps after I put her away for a bit, the head might be more appealing.

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

I've written a bunch about my struggles with doll bodies and heads. As I steadily accumulate more dolls, it seems to be getting easier. For me, the biggest issue is color matching. I have one head that simply doesn't match any Phicen skin tone. It's sits in a box now. Maybe someday I'll try to repaint it but I'm not crazy about it anyway. Like Wolferich, I generally attach the personality of the doll to the head. Some heads, like my Sky's, are far more important to me than any body they are "wearing" at the time.

I like Wolferich's suggestion about walking by and glancing. I'm doing something similar with Cyndi, my full size doll, right now while I'm trying to figure out new eyes for her. Maybe if you decide it's really the doll's head that is the most important part, then finding a non-phicen body to match it won't be too much of a drawback. I've heard that the Kumik and Kimi heads supposedly only really match their brand's bodies. It's one of the reasons I've not bought any of their head sculpts.

I really wish you luck! Hard to imagine that only 5 months ago I had no 1/6 lovelies and now I'm being overrun with Tiny Minxes!

Endless War
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Endless War »

TakersRose wrote: What do you do when you don't like the head? Do you just buy a new one? Do you pack that doll away and start over? I guess what I'm getting at, is I don't want to just dismiss this current head, she's been a part of my doll's life but she's not right for my doll.
I just ran into this problem. I ended up throwing money at it and buying a new doll. I could only get the head I wanted by purchasing the entire doll but when she arrives I have the option to sale the head and body combo I didn't want. Maybe recoup some money spent.

With the resin dolls its a bit easier to color match because you can always blush the bodies to a certain extent if the match is slightly off. I can't speak on dolls of other materials tho.
Instagram: @the_art_dolls

Wolferich
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Wolferich »

Lilith
was such a difficult case for me, because the head is rather reddish and does not really fit to Pale or suntan. In the beginning I had her on a decaying Jiaou Doll body, and she was standing in the corner rather unnoticed.
Sometime I noticed how intensive she can look and I took a closer look at her. After she was allowed to choose a body, I am now all the more happy that I like her.

True to the Microsoft motto It's no bug, it's a feature.
DCCA622E-6D16-47D4-A434-19E29A1900FA.jpeg
DCCA622E-6D16-47D4-A434-19E29A1900FA.jpeg (2.84 MiB) Viewed 1593 times
Have a nice day or night.

Wolferich M. Mf.

Büchsenmacher MK. XI

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

All of the suggestions have been very good. And Shadowfun, I think I understand where you're coming from when you say that you didn't have any 1/6 dolls and suddenly you find yourself with many.

My sudden interest caught me by surprise and I think it was borne from my despair at not having a larger doll companion. Not that I'm complaining because the smaller ladies and gentlemen for that matter are quite lovely.

One of my issues in finding heads is that most of the female ones look too close to action figures for my tastes. I'm sure their design has to do with current markets and the preferences and needs of most buyers. However, I'm that strange niche that is looking for something different. SO, I ask this question. Where can I find 1/6 female doll heads that are more glamorous and mannequin like? That is more my preference.

Thank you all for your responses and your help.

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

When you say glamorous, I'm sure you have something in mind, as do we all. The biggest issue I see with the "action figure" head look is the static stare of their eyes straight ahead. Sexy glances are what make a head glamorous to me.

To that end, the small series of heads with moveable eyes made by Super Duck I think are exceptional. My Sky's head is a SDDX01C and matches Phicen pale bodies really well.
Lipstick~2.jpg
Lipstick~2.jpg (70.07 KiB) Viewed 1502 times
It isn't always easy to see in my photos where Sky's eyes are looking, that may be due to my flawed lighting techniques but in real life, I see and feel her looking at me. I find her sexy as hell.

Super Duck makes a few different head sculpts with moveable eyes and Sky's X01 comes in several different wigs. I've been making her more wigs because, the girl needs more glam sometimes. Ha!

Seriously tho, if you want your doll to play sexy with you, there's nothing better than sliding her eyes over to give you that "look"...

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

ShadowFun wrote:When you say glamorous, I'm sure you have something in mind, as do we all. The biggest issue I see with the "action figure" head look is the static stare of their eyes straight ahead. Sexy glances are what make a head glamorous to me.

To that end, the small series of heads with moveable eyes made by Super Duck I think are exceptional. My Sky's head is a SDDX01C and matches Phicen pale bodies really well.
Lipstick~2.jpg
It isn't always easy to see in my photos where Sky's eyes are looking, that may be due to my flawed lighting techniques but in real life, I see and feel her looking at me. I find her sexy as hell.

Super Duck makes a few different head sculpts with moveable eyes and Sky's X01 comes in several different wigs. I've been making her more wigs because, the girl needs more glam sometimes. Ha!

Seriously tho, if you want your doll to play sexy with you, there's nothing better than sliding her eyes over to give you that "look"...
I think it is the eyes! As to why I don't like most head sculpts. I'll check into the Super Duck heads, I think moveable eyes might be a silution. Thank you.

Your pictures are lovely. I think you captured a beautiful doll.

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Thanks TR! The moveable eye heads are some of the most expensive but the eyes are really nice. I move Sky's with tweezers. I've also make new wigs for her using the readily available Kumik ones, some epoxy clay and tiny magnets. It's not too difficult. I have an intense red curly one on the way now.
Sky's wigs.jpg
Sky's wigs.jpg (382.39 KiB) Viewed 1480 times
I'm likely to buy more of these heads. Right now, there's a new "set" available for preorder that features what looks like a new head. I'm tempted to buy it just for the head even though I'm not interested in the rest. I'm guessing the head will be available on its own eventually. It's also possible it's a head that's already out there and the red wig is throwing me off. Now if only they'd make an elf head with mesmerizing eyes... Ha!
Attachments
607888dcbd2ca7ba96b6e3492bd0e776_467x700.jpg
607888dcbd2ca7ba96b6e3492bd0e776_467x700.jpg (39.55 KiB) Viewed 1480 times

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

Oh my goodness! That is amazing. I've been looking for a way to change the hair. I LOVE to be able to change the hair of my dolls. And that's another frustration I believe.

I'm definitely looking for a head that can have her eyes moved and the wig changed!

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

Yep, the Kumik wigs are cheap and come in a lot of colors and styles. I find it’s pretty easy to make inserts with epoxy clay to mount them to Sky’s head. Just make sure you put the magnet in the right orientation. Ha!

proba
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by proba »

Many of these small dolls a very cute and have fine details and have great costumes and accessories. I like Phicen dolls and always check what the new dolls look like.

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

I bought a new head, however, it's not for my Sarina doll. It's actually a male head that I'll be showing off once he arrives.

On another note, I may have solved the head problem. I was going through some doll accessories I had in my collection and I found a head that originally came off of a Jakks Pacific doll. The fit is a bit awkward and the skin tone is slightly off but the face.....The face is kinda perfect. So I'm leaving her on the doll. I also bought a new pair of black heels and a red and white striped leotard for the Sarina bodied doll. I went a little Ebay crazy one night.

ShadowFun
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by ShadowFun »

eBay = crazy in my household. There seems to be no end... Ha!

INFORMATIONS