https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

Can I wear Barbie Clothes?

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

scooter_ca
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Can I wear Barbie Clothes?

Post by scooter_ca »

Anung Un Rama wrote:I was going to respond to the the topic title question, with a "do you reckon they would fit you Scooter" 8O
I thought of calling it "Can Giorgi wear Barbie Clothes", but I also wanted to others to post their barbie finds.
Giorgi suggested "Can I wear Barbie Clothes" but was too shy to start a topic outside of Dolls Alive.
But, now that I got her angry, you may find that she takes more control of the topic.
Metacog wrote: Thanks scooter (aka blinky??)
...And the modeling of Giorgi you posted I think are fantastic! ...
...I really like the "Anck Su Namun Princess of Egypt" figure. She can pose with my resin Egyptian Lady of the Nile!
...That's a lot of Barbies you have there. Did you buy all of them new? I am wondering since they may cost as much as some women's new clothes! 8O
Thanks Metacog.
Yes, my ladies call me binky. It's a pet name I''ve had for so long the original meaning has been lost in time.

When it comes to posing, if I was left on my own all the poses would be lifeless and dull.
I get inspiration from google images by doing searches like "Lingerie model pose".

If you like the Anck Su Namun doll make sure you check out LoneRanger's Blog in the January January CoverDoll - https://coverdoll.com/drupal/node/2800

Oh, and those aren't all my barbies. That is the promo picture from the AliExpress store.
I do have one Curvy Barbie named Aryna. She is going to swap clothes with Giorgi.
That will be in a future posting.
SpysLikeUs wrote: i did stumble on is how monster high shoes can fit phicen - many of the mono color plastic shoes you see sold cheap on ebay for phicen are actually lifted from monster high sets.
Nice tip on the shoes. I'll keep that in mind.

Thanks,
scooter
With beautiful Daria and Giorgi.
Everything about Daria can be found in her NEW Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=117493
Everything about Giorgi can be found in her Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=96105
Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14626

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

This may be useful info for modifying Barbie clothes for 1/6 sized dolls:

When I made an evening dress for Nutmeg for the Christmas gift exchange, I used Velcro for fasteners instead of tape. I guess tape is good for a quick photo and then returning to nude as you said Giorgi is fond of doing, but Velcro is ideal if the doll will wear the outfit for some time. The trick is finding the thinnest Velcro you can find, because thick stuff will obviously stand out more. I found that the Velcro used in computer cable ties is usually quite thin, and a good length roll (36 inches or nearly a meters worth) can be found at local office supply stores for a few bucks. I only needed a little bit, maybe 1/5 or 1/6 of an inch wide. I had to hand sew them in though so you'd need a good strong needle to punch through the Velcro base layer (along with thimbles and thumbles) - hot glue may work just as well. As with tape or any other fastener, behind the neck or center of back covered by long hair looks best.

I don't have any photos of it but perhaps CinnamonLover can get some photos of it for you.

One group of information I tried to mine from the Phicen vendors and from here on doll forum are good measurements for a 1/6 doll, and couldn't find diddly. It would be a big help in making or modifying clothes to fit if someone could provide the numbers from the graph below (taking into account variations in hip and bust size for different models). I ultimately had to make guesses using human sized averages and dividing by six. I don't know if all 18 metrics are needed, but I found that the important ones for making or modifying clothing of this size are probably bust (3), hips (6), length (7, 8, or 8+9), and shoulder width (which isn't numbered, but something close to 11 times four.)
sizing.jpg
sizing.jpg (65.76 KiB) Viewed 2353 times

LoneRanger
Miniature Moderator
Miniature Moderator

Post by LoneRanger »

Annie's dress is right from the box (washed it 1st, no dye ran at all)...It took very little effort to put on and I think it looks okay. Considering her ample breasts...

:whistle: :whistle:

https://the-fresh-dolls.myshopify.com/c ... cts/bronze
Attachments
DSCN4477.JPG
DSCN4477.JPG (2.64 MiB) Viewed 2350 times
L✰neR✯nger

Metacog
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Metacog »

Hi scooter. Thanks for the link to the CoverDoll. I've peeked on it before. Yet another bookmarked page. Sorry about the typo "blinky"... binky. :oops:

According to the Phicen website in which I first went to before their rep sent me to the BigBadToy store (BBTS) website, the Anck princess is a pre-order doll. What am I missing that LoneRanger has one already?! Waving at you LR! ha! Isis must favor you! :) BBTS does say its availability would be this month (Jan. 2019), though, so maybe it is available already and my pre-order will be soon on its way!

Clothes tips, shoe tips, body measurement tips... gotta keep tabs on this thread, that's for sure. Oh, and possibly scene tips... furniture... wow
~Metacog~

scooter_ca
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by scooter_ca »

Hi Metacog.
You should check out LoneRanger's topic - My Phicens Have No Dresses.
It's more wide ranging and deals with different Phicen models as well as clothes. That would be a good place to ask your question.
I'm keeping this sub-topic more focused on Barbie and similar inexpensive clothes not specifically made for Phicen, ( like Fresh Dolls or Ken's Clothing).

Hi JunkGuy.
Thanks for the tip about Velcro. I didn't realise it came in different thicknesses.
I have a big roll that I use for altering Daria clothes, and it is really thick. - Clothing Alterations. The magic of Velcro. The results.
It works for Daria but would be way to thick for Giorgi's clothes.

The barbie clothes I have encountered all use a very thick piece of Velcro so look huge on a Phicen.
I am planning on altering a barbie bikini bottom where I removed the Velcro closure at the back and sew it close.
I then cut the two sides and add either an eye hook or string.
This will make the bikini a little larger and also make it really easy to take on and off.
I hope post about this soon.

Thanks,
scooter
Everything about Daria can be found in her NEW Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=117493
Everything about Giorgi can be found in her Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=96105

JunkGuy
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by JunkGuy »

Scooter, looks like you're using what I'd call "standard thickness" Velcro. The stuff I used for Nutmeg's dress is maybe half as thick. It actually double sided so that the top layer adheres to bottom - if it was single sided it would be even thinner.

Thank CL for providing some photos of the open leg evening dress I made. As I said I had to make guesses and Nutmeg is a good deal taller and a little skinnier than I guessed. (Dress was meant to be closer to ankle length than knees, and it looks like it wraps around her back a little farther than I anticipated.)
Nutmeg_0819_BrieDressVelcro.jpg
Nutmeg_0819_BrieDressVelcro.jpg (31.59 KiB) Viewed 2326 times
Note how thin this Velcro is. Barely adds any thickness to the fabric. (But is obviously much more stiff.)
Note how thin this Velcro is. Barely adds any thickness to the fabric. (But is obviously much more stiff.)
Nutmeg_0820_BrieDressVelcro.jpg (34.65 KiB) Viewed 2326 times
Nutmeg_0823_BrieDressVelcro.jpg
Nutmeg_0823_BrieDressVelcro.jpg (24.79 KiB) Viewed 2326 times
Nutmeg_0824_BrieDressVelcro.jpg
Nutmeg_0824_BrieDressVelcro.jpg (40.21 KiB) Viewed 2326 times

scooter_ca
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by scooter_ca »

Good news !!!
It seems Giorgi gave up too easily in trying to get into the Barbie panties.

By using tweezers and slowly tugging the panties up, I could help Giorgi get them over her hips.
If you lower your gaze slightly :whistle: you'll see that the seam was stretched almost to the point of ripping.

By exhaling fully, she was able to get most of the Velcro closed.
On white panties this is not noticeable, but for the coloured ones, I would need to do some post editing to hide the Velcro.

As for Giorgi's fur collar top, which fits quite nicely, it came from Amazon Canada - https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B077RK ... UTF8&psc=1.
10 random outfits - $20 CDN. It's funny, the fur collar top is not in the picture, so it was random.
It was perfect for the snow pictures.
10_Piece_Barbie.jpg
10_Piece_Barbie.jpg (198.65 KiB) Viewed 2279 times
I expect several of these outfits won't fit. I'll be working my way through them when I have time.

Thanks,
scooter

scooter_ca
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by scooter_ca »

Giorgi has been feeling a little jealous.
It's my fault because I've been spending all my free time with Daria -> Introducing Daria 2.0.
Giorgi needed a little attention and TLC.
I got out her barbie clothes and selected an outfit she hadn't worn before.

This outfit came in a collection of 10 random outfits for $20 CDN at Amazon Canada - https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B077RK ... UTF8&psc=1

The skirt is in the lower left. The top was a substitution of the one in the upper left.
The fit was very good, and all I needed to do was trim off loose threads.
I also put a few stitches in the skirt Velcro because to fit a Phicen you have to pull it very tight which puts a lot of stress on the Velcro.

Giorgi is very pleased with the results and is feeling much better now.

Thanks,
scooter

adelea
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by adelea »

Do you think they would fit easier on the S24 or S26 phicens, since they are just that little bit smaller?

There is a lot of options out there for Barbie clothes!

LoneRanger
Miniature Moderator
Miniature Moderator

Post by LoneRanger »

The 24/25 series...yes indeed. I did a whole review a while back on just this subject.

All of the shorties in this picture (24/25's) are wearing complete barbie outfits (except shoes of course)

I found that if it was made before 1997 it will be a good 80% chance it will fit just fine.
Attachments
DSCN2779.JPG
DSCN2779.JPG (2.64 MiB) Viewed 2359 times
L✰neR✯nger

scooter_ca
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by scooter_ca »

I can't believe its been 10 months since I've updated this thread!
I guess Giorgi has been running around naked for the last little while.
We'll, for the February Mini challenge at least one of us needed to be wearing clothes, so it was time for Giorgi to try on one of her Barbie outfits.
The skirt is from the batch of 10 outfits I mentioned in an earlier post - 10 random outfits - $20 CDN.

The top is actually a one piece bathing suit.
It has a slight stretch so it can just slip on Giorgi. No Velcro needed.
However it is pulled up and stretched to its absolute limit and just barely covers her breasts.
The white straps were originally arm straps but I cut them at the back and then tied the straps together behind her neck.

The skirt is a wrap around with a Velcro strip at the back.
The belt is sewn to the skirt.
The skirt is tight but does fit around the narrowest part of her waist.

I think the combination looks pretty good on her.

Thanks,
scooter

Wolferich
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Wolferich »

Giorgi always looks good, no matter if and what she wears.

With the first attempts with Barbie clothes I laughed about Gesil.
123DD1CA-F50D-4246-B516-792FE9AB36BC.jpeg
123DD1CA-F50D-4246-B516-792FE9AB36BC.jpeg (2.36 MiB) Viewed 2024 times
Gesil on the right

The last week she was been on a diet and now has a 24 body. Now the clothes fit her very well.
C6D72B25-907F-4770-A8D1-4CBBD79EE869.jpeg
C6D72B25-907F-4770-A8D1-4CBBD79EE869.jpeg (2.28 MiB) Viewed 2024 times
8ACB3F5C-C87D-4388-9CA6-E9147AF830D0.jpeg
8ACB3F5C-C87D-4388-9CA6-E9147AF830D0.jpeg (2.35 MiB) Viewed 2024 times
Have a nice day or night.

Wolferich M. Mf.

Büchsenmacher MK. XI

Chandrelle Softvale
Doll
Doll

Post by Chandrelle Softvale »

scooter_ca wrote:This is planned to be an ongoing topic about Giorgi trying on Barbie Clothes.
Other 1/6 scale dolls who wear barbie clothes are invited to join in.
This is sort of a subtopic of My Phicens Have No Dresses but focuses in on Barbie clothes.

I have been given two good pieces of advice.
1) Barbie clothes could stain Phicen dolls.
2) Barbie clothes will not fit Phicen dolls.
Therefore you have been warned. Continue on at your own risk.

You're still here? Ok, lets begin.

The main advantage of barbie clothes is that they are dirt cheap.
Phicen outfits can be as expensive as the full size articles that they represent.
There are links to more inexpensive Phicen clothing options, but compared to barbie clothes which can be bought in batches, they are sill quite pricey.
(Yes, I'm a cheap bastard).
However, you do get what your pay for, so the sewing may be a little shoddy and you may need put in a stitch or two.

As for the disadvantages.
1) Staining:
Giorgi is a bit of a nudist.
She puts on an outfit for a photo-shoot but then promptly takes it off.
I would never leave her in these clothes for an extended period.

2) The Fit:
Barbie is smaller, however If the outfit has some stretch to it it can sometimes fit as is.
Other outfits will need some patience and alterations to make them slightly larger.
This is more difficult than what I am used to which is making clothes smaller for my other doll, Daria.
In future postings I hope to explore ways of making outfits larger.

So lets begin with my first purchase of Barbie clothes - a pack of five bathing suits.

The hat, umbrella, and ducky tube did not need amy modifications and were used in a beach photo shoot.

The orange bathing suit was stretchy so could be worn right away.

The flower bathing suit was also stretchy so also fit without modification.
Giorgi wore it backwards because it was sexier that way with the plunging neckline.

Now we come to the problem of the "Thigh Gap".
You'll notice that in the picture of the 5 barbies, the crotch area is very wide, and therefore the clothes are very wide as well.
However in the picture of Giorgi in the flower bathing suit above, she has a very sexy inner thigh area,
That's because the bathing suit was altered.

The purple bathing suit has the same problem.
So out comes the scissors and snip snip.
Since the seam at the side of the bathing suit has how been cut it will need a couple of stitches with needle and thread to stop it from running.
Also since the crotch area is now smaller, it may need a stitch or two to reinforce it.

Will the cut areas fray if I dont' hem them?
Yes, but hemming something this small is a huge pain.
I have been experimenting with flexible adhesive.
I just dampen the entire hem area with the glue.
When it dries it is clear and flexible and the cut areas do not fray.

So now its time to try on the purple bathing suit.
It's a bit of an effort to get it over her hips, but I think that normal for any Phicen clothes.
The shoulder straps that go from the front to the back of the bathing suit are too small.
I snip them where they attach at the back and then convert them to wrapping around her neck.
In this case I just used a bit of scotch tape to join them at the back of her neck.

And how does the back side look?

The two remaining bikinis don't stretch at all and will need more work to fit properly.
This will be explored in a future post.

I hope this is helpful to someone.
Thanks,
scooter
I am glad I found this Scooter, Master was about to start a topic to ask if Barbie clothes would fit Phicens. He was looking at some at Walmart the other day. Now that there are 3 Phicen in our home, it will get expensive to clothe them all. They had a crappy selection. When Master was in charge of the toy dept at a Kmart back in the late 90's there where all kinds of different Barbie clothes. What he did find at Walmart did look a little to small, but now I think I will have Master try some out.
I am Magically Delicious.
My Facebook Page
I am WM172G original body now WM172B with WM172 head
Our home has me, Sonja, Shaedra, Xena, Suri, Lady Blue, Shanyrria and Aeleora.
Master's introduction of me
My Journal
Cookie Monsters
Eye Candy Thread
My Phicen Sisters

Leather by Lee
Doll Elder
Doll Elder
Location: N.W. PA. in MY house no matter what Chandrelle says.

Post by Leather by Lee »

I bought 4 outfits at $2.00 each from Walmart. So far I have tried on 2 of them.
0312201902a.jpg
0312201902a.jpg (590.98 KiB) Viewed 1969 times
The blue top and leopard print turned out to be one piece. The tights formed runs in the legs and a small tear at the waist. I am not sure if the top was suppose to be long sleeve or short sleeve. The arms went just a bit past the elbow so i pushed them up towards the shoulder. I can cut the tights off and still use the top.

The one with the red skirt just barely made it up over the butt. The top has Velcro fastener but still a tight fit.
0312201901c.jpg
0312201901c.jpg (658.23 KiB) Viewed 1969 times
I think the others will work out. they are both top with Velcro and skirts. Much better than $20.00 and up for 1/6 scale on amazon and elsewhere. For sexy stuff though I will have to pay. Found one barbarian queen type outfit on amazon that is $57.00 and it is a barely there design.
51S8BZbmsDL._AC_UL320_ML3_.jpg
51S8BZbmsDL._AC_UL320_ML3_.jpg (7.47 KiB) Viewed 1969 times
Chandrelle Softvale is WM172B body #172 head
Shanyrria WM172G with #172 head
Sonja WM172G with #162 head, Xena, WM166C, 159 head
Suri SM Doll blue 156C with #58 head and Lady Blue SM Doll blue 163A #64 head
7th doll has been banned by TDF
Dolls alive thread, Eye Candy thread, Phicen Thread, The girl's Facebook Page, Our Facebook group, Amateur Cosplay Dolls and more

scooter_ca
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by scooter_ca »

These are great finds Leather by Lee.
Too bad the blue top and leopard print turned out to be one piece.
Barbie pants are problematic. I got quite a few in the pack of outfits I bought.
I have not even tried them. I'm thinking of turning them into hot pants.

The red skirt and tank top look really good and are a great deal for $2.
When Giorgi models clothes she is only concerned with what the camera sees.
When she is not modelling she usually runs around naked.
So the skirt looks good exactly how it is.
If you want to photograph her from behind just turn the skirt around backwards.
The tank top also looks great from the front.
If you want to photograph from behind then make her hair strategically cover the Velcro.

As for the sexy outfit, at $57 that's outside of my comfort zone.
I think there are other possibilities to construct something sexy.

Thanks,
scooter

INFORMATIONS