https://www.climax-doll.com/collections/silicone-mini-sex-doll

Repair of a Silicone Phicen doll Help needed!

Devoted to erotic dolls under three feet high, mostly collectibles (e.g. Ball Joint Dolls)

Moderator: LoneRanger

TakersRose

Repair of a Silicone Phicen doll Help needed!

Post by TakersRose »

I have a Phicen silicone Serena Valentina doll. She's held up good but I've been delicate with her. I was cleaning and powdering her today and I noticed some tiny (truly minute) tears on her legs and one of her feet. They're so minute that I thought they were build up of powder, it wasn't until I looked really closely that I realized they were tears instead of buildup of powder. Those aren't so bad but there's another tear, that doesn't show up when I try to photograph it. :shakefist: The more alarming tear is where her genitalia meet her body. It's by her testicles. It looks as if they're coming off!

If anyone can tell me how to repair this problem, I'd be VERY grateful. This doll is very special to me.

Thank you in advance.
Official Doll Accessories Fund = 47.00

Leia Marie - Teddy Bade - Doll Companion
Dyanna Lioncourt - Tonner Carol Barrie Model ~ Alpha Doll
Sarina - Phicen ~Sarina Valentina Body w/Jakks Pacific Paradise Dolls Head~
Cinderella -38" My Size Disney Cinderella Doll "
Belle - 38" My Size Disney Belle Doll

Dollfriend
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor
Location: TPE Land, just a few miles east of Silicone Valley...

Re: Repair of a Silicone Phicen doll Help needed!

Post by Dollfriend »

First would be to find out if Phicen Dolls are Made of Silicone or TPE, the repair procedures for these different materials is completely Different, never had a Phicen so I don,t know...

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

Dollfriend wrote:First would be to find out if Phicen Dolls are Made of Silicone or TPE, the repair procedures for these different materials is completely Different, never had a Phicen so I don,t know...
Mine is silicone. The body is basically like the silicone super flexible Phicen female doll. The only difference is, mine is packing a little extra.

hansdampf21
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by hansdampf21 »

Okay, i have 3 Phicens (TBLeague), a TPE doll, and an FMS (TPR torso) and also some silicone items.
So i can distinct between them.

And i say that Phicens are made of some kind of TPR compound.
I can tell it from the smell, and a simple test that involves mineral oil.

A repair of TPR (and TPE of course) can be done using controlled heat.
Or some solvent, which has to be evaluated (i personally would stay apart from that in the case of TPR).

LoneRanger
Miniature Moderator
Miniature Moderator

Post by LoneRanger »

I have only been into and getting Phicens now for just over 2 years so my experience is short term and only with the newest product. They are not Silicone but more like rubber. I find them pretty much indestructible and don't pamper them at all. But I do keep them stored nicely. Only issue I have had is staining and I caught that on day one. Maybe it's an older model. I find it is not good to look back with what they made but what they are about to make.
L✰neR✯nger

hansdampf21
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by hansdampf21 »

I would like to see a photo of the problem.
But seriously, you can get a new Phicen body for ~ $40.

Why do you believe that it is silicone?

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

hansdampf21 wrote:I would like to see a photo of the problem.
But seriously, you can get a new Phicen body for ~ $40.

Why do you believe that it is silicone?
I know I can get a new body, but I'm attached to this little lady. She's the first and only Phicen that I have. I'll take a photo tonight and post it tomorrow.

From everything I read about the bodies of Phicen dolls, I got the impression that they're silicone. Though when I did some further research around the web the other day, I didn't ever find the word 'silicone' but the word 'seamless' a lot. I've never had a doll made of this material before so I just took it as being made from silicone.

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

I wanted to get this photo posted ASAP. Hopefully the tear can be seen properly enough.
Attachments
Sarina need repair.jpg
Sarina need repair.jpg (31.86 KiB) Viewed 2832 times

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Repair like you would a silicone doll with petmatex.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

samara78 wrote:Repair like you would a silicone doll with petmatex.
Will I find the tutorial in the repair section of the forum? And is Permatex an epoxy? I think I found where to buy some online. I'm sorry to sound so ignorant, but I've never fixed a doll with this sort of skin before. :cry:

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

Clean with acetone first and Permatex is pretty good at silicone repair of minor cuts and abrasions. The usual repair to silicone dolls is with Sil-Poxy, which is designed to repair silicone moulds. However, this is pretty expensive stuff (my tube cost me over £40) so the Permatex #81730 is a good cheaper substitute in this instance. However, it is more of a sealant rather than a glue but should do the job. It dries clear rather than white so shouldn’t show.

Silicone can have very different properties from hard (like on the end of kitchen utensils) to soft as in bouncy boobs on dolls! I’m fairly sure the ‘flesh’ on Phicens is not TPE or TPR but a rubbery type blend of silicone. However, I don’t think Permatex will harm any of those materials. What you might find if you use it on TPE or TPR is that the oils in the material mean it won’t stick!

As you’re going to use a tiny amount the area needs to be clean (acetone), spread the tear as much as you dare and use a needle or similar to put the Permatex into the tear and close the tear again. You can use sellotape to go over the tear but I doubt you’ll be able to there! Any excess can be scraped off with a clean needle but, if you’re careful, it can be trimmed with a sharp knife when it’s set. However, I’d try to avoid doing that if you can or you might slip and cut her balls off!!!

Good luck, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

I have a Sarina Valentina, and she is definitely not silicone, nor are any of the other Phicens I own. When new, a Phicen smells VERY MUCH like a TPE doll, they are far stretchier than my silicone dolls, and although Phicen is very secretive about their formula, it MUST be some form of TPE/TPR and I would treat it as such. I had one drying out on me, and I bathed it in baby oil and it is fine. You wouldn't want to do that to a silicone doll. I would treat it like a TPE doll. SIL-POXY/Permatex sounds like a bad idea to me.
I understand about Sarina - you can't just order him/her a new bod.

hollows+fentiman
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by hollows+fentiman »

There’s no way my two Phicens smell like my TPE ladies! They smell more rubbery!

OK, one of mine has a small cut on the sole of her foot so I just thought I’d try some TPE paste I had put some TPE chips in for Ashaki’s repair. Unfortunately it had set so I couldn’t use it! I’m not sure I want to try heat as it’s a tiny cut and I don’t want to make it worse.

The only thing I can suggest is if someone knows Jenny at Phicen and if they could ask her what could be used to repair cuts and tears! The photo looks like the balls are actually glued on post production so there may be some hope there!

Cheers, Hollows.
Ashaki Sanura's Family Adventures (WM168 Nava) viewtopic.php?f=11&t=77571

Tanice & Jacey WM168A (Lovedolls Grace Williams & #64 heads)
Vivette 153 Vivid Doll
Rosheen WM 156B
Tarni Kimber Doll
Rusty Firedoll 166
Chiyoko 6YE 170
Reema Piperdoll 162
ETesse PIB Spinner 2.0 silicone
Yi nu de & Yong DS100
Many Phicen, Jiaou, LD, Barbie and Ken Dolls!

TakersRose

Post by TakersRose »

hollows+fentiman wrote: The photo looks like the balls are actually glued on post production so there may be some hope there!
This definitely looks like the way the male organs are attached to Sarina's body. There's a bit of a 'lip' around the front of her penis that holds it in place and that is starting to peel away. :cry:

I've been scouring the web trying to find out exactly what Phicen dolls are made of. And there's nothing exact. All I see are references to them being silicone or rubber. I tried emailing Phicen back when I was looking for a head for my doll and I never got anything back. So I don't know if I would now or not. I didn't know I'd feel this attached. But I am, I love this little doll.

Begog
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Begog »

hollows+fentiman wrote:There’s no way my two Phicens smell like my TPE ladies! They smell more rubbery!

OK, one of mine has a small cut on the sole of her foot so I just thought I’d try some TPE paste I had put some TPE chips in for Ashaki’s repair. Unfortunately it had set so I couldn’t use it! I’m not sure I want to try heat as it’s a tiny cut and I don’t want to make it worse.

The only thing I can suggest is if someone knows Jenny at Phicen and if they could ask her what could be used to repair cuts and tears! The photo looks like the balls are actually glued on post production so there may be some hope there!

Cheers, Hollows.
Do you have any silicone dolls to compare to? I do. That smell is nothing like them, and they have little. That Phicen smell is strong and distinct when new. Not exactly like my TPE dolls, either, which is why I am leaning towards some form of TPE/TPR. Too stretchy for plain old silicone. VERY similar to my TPE ladies, but not exactly. Phicen is very secretive about this, but Hollows mentioned contacting Jenny at Phicen, and that is probably a great idea. I believe it is sales@phicen.com. Could be wrong, but I'm on my phone.

INFORMATIONS