Starpery.com

Let's Make a Merkin!

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Chris98king

Re: Let's Make a Merkin!

Post by Chris98king »

This method works with tpe? If so awesome I'll have to try it I don't like a full bush ...... maybe would play around once or twice but I always thought that girls with a little shaved patch were beautiful. Once the glue dries you should be able to cut it real short and have it still look good right? And I also thought that the armpit hair was a cool idea but personal not for me lol

Rick9191

Post by Rick9191 »

Chris98king wrote:This method works with tpe? If so awesome I'll have to try it I don't like a full bush ...... maybe would play around once or twice but I always thought that girls with a little shaved patch were beautiful. Once the glue dries you should be able to cut it real short and have it still look good right? And I also thought that the armpit hair was a cool idea but personal not for me lol
It's elmers glue or in Bozza's case honey. Ya can make and shape it any size ya want. So far I think Bozza's way with balled up wig hair is the simplest but using glue or bodycolor2 clear sealer instead of honey. I don't particularly like the smell of honey is why. LOL I tried a few things that didn't work out and have yet to receive the mohair wool I ordered. Good luck and have fun with it. Nice to be able to change the look anytime ya want and not have to worry about her gettin' razor burn. :)

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Chris98king wrote:This method works with tpe? If so awesome I'll have to try it I don't like a full bush ...... maybe would play around once or twice but I always thought that girls with a little shaved patch were beautiful. Once the glue dries you should be able to cut it real short and have it still look good right? And I also thought that the armpit hair was a cool idea but personal not for me lol
Yes, it's for TPE and yes, it can be trimmed before attaching once the glue sets. I wouldn't cut it too short though, as you may end up with bare spots. :wink:

Now, you can also shape the merkin after it's complete, but it's a lot easier to cut your template the exact shape you want before you begin.

dolldreamer2018
Manufacturer Affiliated
Manufacturer Affiliated

Post by dolldreamer2018 »

Thanks for the shout out Mr Franz! BodyColor2 clear sealer is holding up extremely well so far. The merkin feels good beneath the fingers too!
---------------------------
My Bianca Chronicles

Official Pipedream Ultimate Fantasy Doll Ambassador

dollenvy

Post by dollenvy »

Hello all, I'm not able to find the BodyColor2 clear sealer on https://grimsdollaccessories.com/bodycolor.html . Do you know if he still sells it?
My first doll purchase - viewtopic.php?f=269&t=116994

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

He does, dollenvy, but this thread is about making a merkin using mohair and white glue (Elmer's) as a backing, not BC2. You'll find that thread here: viewtopic.php?f=426&t=111546

poog321

Post by poog321 »

wow that's awesome. ..I've wanted to try this but wasn't sure what kind of glue to use..the plain white glue seems safe and effective. ..thanks for the idea

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

poog321 wrote:wow that's awesome. ..I've wanted to try this but wasn't sure what kind of glue to use..the plain white glue seems safe and effective. ..thanks for the idea
Thanks and you're welcome! Jyoti's current merk has been in place for over a year now with no ill effects and is still holding strong. She's been washed a number of times since as well. Although, I never run water directly on it and always shield the area with one hand while sponging her down with the other. :wink:

Samurai
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Samurai »

Thanks for this detailed tutorial on how to make a mekin, my girls love their new look.
FaceApp_1577544794065.jpg
FaceApp_1577544794065.jpg (401.94 KiB) Viewed 2486 times
Monique and Ella like their's
FaceApp_1577555328133.jpg
FaceApp_1577555328133.jpg (395.15 KiB) Viewed 2486 times
FaceApp_1577484582515.jpg
FaceApp_1577484582515.jpg (393.77 KiB) Viewed 2486 times
However, Marissa is not as pleased !! :lol:
FaceApp_1577545317204.jpg
FaceApp_1577545317204.jpg (405.7 KiB) Viewed 2486 times
:glou:

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Very nice, Samurai! Your gals look super! That's quite the bumper crop you have there, Marissa! Shag carpet fur burgers were quite the thing in the 70's. :mrgreen:

daoliver924
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by daoliver924 »

I tried this and it came out great. However, I tried using the flowable silicone suggested in the make up sealing threads and it works much better.
Far more flexible and easier to glue down to the doll.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

daoliver924 wrote:I tried this and it came out great. However, I tried using the flowable silicone suggested in the make up sealing threads and it works much better.
Far more flexible and easier to glue down to the doll.
I've never used silicone products on TPE myself, but glad it worked out for you! :thumbs_up:

Whitedevil90
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Whitedevil90 »

Great post. very Helpful. Keep us posted with more helpful tips.

VinnieD65
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by VinnieD65 »

My first creations :wink:
20200421_101514.jpg
20200421_101514.jpg (759.13 KiB) Viewed 2232 times

boba_fatt
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by boba_fatt »

Awesome craft, I was hoping I would find a thread like this on here. I will be making one soon cause I'm pretty sure I ordered Freya with "hair down there" but after reading this I like the idea that the hair is removable, cause I'm sure we all have multiple wigs of various colors for our ladies (the carpet can always match the drapes). As for another thought some guys don't mind a little armpit hair on their ladies, do you think this idea would work for that as well?

INFORMATIONS