Starpery.com

Augmented Reality on it's way?

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Ronin

Re: Augmented Reality on it's way?

Post by Ronin »

SeanSteel wrote:New Vid. Let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6YVRibUbXU

Absolutley incredible - Engineering and software fusion.

I always imagined something like an ex-lite doll and VR headset. Augmented reality really does allow for lots of scenarios. Even one where the scene changes around the a doll, so you can take her on virtual dates perhaps.

Eg set up you room as a theatre room, take your favorite dolly. Put on your AR headset. Sudenly you are at the beach with your doll and a few other topless babes.

Had enough rays, maybe sit her in a rollercoaster or a more romantic cable car ride.

SeanSteel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SeanSteel »

Thank you Ronin. I work for compliments. I absolutely agree. VR/AR opens the door for lower cost dolls. AND fewer dolls. Full disclosure, the vid you watched was motion captured in post, which is a smoother nicer job, but other examples on my youtube channel are mocapped in real time inside the Unity game. Also I want to point out that real time game rending of heads and faces isn't always necessary. The Daz model example is a pre-rendered video that plays directly in the game. I used a greenscreen shader that chroma keyed the video. I was careful to match the perspective so it didn't look too weird. You can use video recorded of actual live models too, It's cool!

SeanSteel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SeanSteel »

I think this is starting to look better? You? This one is mocapped in real time and my computer was having trouble with the hd video stream, but besides the lag, the art work is looking better. The sign language need some work, but it's a start. Any suggestions are welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX2ns56SBzs

H1k4r1

Post by H1k4r1 »

SeanSteel wrote:New Vid. Let me know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6YVRibUbXU

Holy mother of pancakes!! why no body is talking about this, this has surpassed a lot my expectations . . . man, you are on the right track, I think several of us have thought about mixed reality / AR before, but this is exactly what it should be; I see a couple of comments on your videos complaining about how freaky or weird the body looks like, but really, the spine/neck/head movement is coming pretty far, almost good as real, I don't know why people focus on pointless things, you're doing an amazing work, it's really impressive when you think about this being made by one sole person, I'm greatly excited to see what has been lately of your project, keep up the astonishing work you're doing!! :lol: :lol:

MKnight
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by MKnight »

That sure looks freaky!

How long before we can hope to see a cyber-woman like Alicia Vikander in Ex Machina I wonder.

SeanSteel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SeanSteel »

H1k4r1 wrote: I'm greatly excited to see what has been lately of your project, keep up the astonishing work you're doing!! :lol: :lol:
Thanks H1, I appreciate that. I'm sorry it's been so long since my last post, and I look forward to having an update soon. One of my biggest goals has been to be ambidextrous between real and virtual. I think someone building their own model could decide what they want real, and what they can't afford, they make virtual. Every time I rebuild my it's a little different. I don't have resources for silicone. The body of my model is pretty neat but very tedious. I take memory foam pillows and cut them into muscle shaped pillows, that are then elastic corded to the skeleton. Unfortunately it takes a long time to primp and even then can be sorta disappointing as far as bodies go. So for my next set I'm going full AR. that is the entire model is animated. I encoded my spine(13 segments), not an easy thing to do, and encoded the hip joints. I also covered my skeleton in AR markers. The software uses the pose information from the real skeleton to pose the software DAZ model. The AR markers align the DAZ model over the video of the real model skeleton. It's a big todo, I only hope it works as well as I hope. If it does it could be cool, but my favorite would be a real silicone body with an animated Daz head.

SeanSteel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SeanSteel »

how does this look? work in progress. Everything below the waist is real life, everything above the waist is a video game.
Attachments
mix of real life and video game.
mix of real life and video game.
screenshot01.jpg (160.25 KiB) Viewed 2432 times

NewFrontiers

Post by NewFrontiers »

You're doing some ground-breaking work here and I appreciate the effort you're putting into this. Technical research can be lonely, but it can also be pure elation when you make a breakthrough. I'm looking forward to seeing how far you can take this project. Well done!
Doll Sweet DS145 Plus Evo more pics and info here... viewtopic.php?f=143&t=116319

SeanSteel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SeanSteel »

Just an update, does anyone here know Lua?
Attachments
robot arms move, pose support<br />animated arms gesture and communicate
robot arms move, pose support
animated arms gesture and communicate
automonous-concept08.png (534.31 KiB) Viewed 2364 times
concept render<br />dark grey = robotic<br />fleshtone = real components<br />red = virtual components.
concept render
dark grey = robotic
fleshtone = real components
red = virtual components.
automonous-concept06.png (324.99 KiB) Viewed 2364 times
Arms don't work yet
Arms don't work yet
IMG_1410.JPG (101.01 KiB) Viewed 2364 times
Mostly assembled real model
Mostly assembled real model
IMG_1390.JPG (86.19 KiB) Viewed 2364 times
flexible spine and rib cage
flexible spine and rib cage
IMG_1321.JPG (179.36 KiB) Viewed 2364 times

donoghu
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by donoghu »

SeanSteel wrote:No new vids yet, I've gotten alot of work done improving the skeleton. The pelvis has been at the wrong angle forever. I rotated that backwards almost 45 degrees! I made the shoulder blades more realistic, and positioned them better. They where a little far apart. Also the arms and legs are new. In the beginning I was trying to entire arms and legs in AR, the more complex a component is, the more difficult it is to get it right. Like having an entire arm that bends, is more difficult then just adding a couple muscle forms to an real existing arm. So now I'm trying to "augmented" the existing arms and legs. We'll see. I'm trying to get multiple marker costellations working on the software side. Does anyone here do any game programming. I'm using OpenCV in Unity to track markers at run time. I have some ideas if anyone wants to chat.

This is one of the best pics yet of the real model. It used the spine in the above pictures. The "blank" areas in the arms and legs are supposed to get AR visuals too. Hopefully someday.
This is interesting.

Out of curiosity, have you though of using IR detection for positioning instead of reading of symbolic projection?
There would be 2 ways of handling IR detection.

One way is using 2-3 external cameras with Infrared capacity (cost approx. $10 each) and putting 1 IR emitter on each part you want to be oriented in AR. That would be similar to how the Vive VR headset uses its 2 black box to track the positions of the headset and, if applied, trackers in 3D space.

The other way is reversing the camera and IR emitter. Putting up to 6 cameras with IR capacity on the doll and detecting 3 or even 4 IR emitters set in the room's corner. From this, you can position the doll not only in 3D space, but also in orientation. If you cut out the feed of the camera so that it only read colors close to IR, it's actually quite energy-conservative. If you force its feed to be in low resolution so that the IR emitters appears as 1-3 pixels at most, the CPU usage is rather low. 6 cameras would be the best since it would allow you to generate a cubemap (6 sided cubes) and detect the position in those 6 sides of each IR emitters set in the room. Basically, making the doll, the "center" of the world in terms of AR. ;)

Then you can use either the on-doll CPU/device, a 2nd micro PC or directly feed the camera feed to Unity and manage to position the head and hands properly.

Hope this give you some ideas. ;)

SeanSteel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SeanSteel »

donoghu wrote:
Out of curiosity, have you though of using IR detection for positioning instead of reading of symbolic projection?
There would be 2 ways of handling IR detection.
Hi Donoghu, off-board tracking I think would work very well either with IR or otherwise, in fact I did try using a Vive Tracker. For the position and rotation in a 3d space it worked extremely well. Unfortunately for what I'm trying to do there kind of 2 parts to the tracking. The first is tracking position and rotation of the components, doll, props, or whatever. The second piece is the matching the track to the video feed. If you don't, they don't line up very well. Even if I had great tracks of the camera and the doll, I still had to track something in the video to line it up. I don't think you get away with not tracking in the video for matching in the very last step. The magic that I've tried to exploit is that I'm encoding the pose of the robot/doll electronically, so that a single tracked marker tells me the orientation of the entire character.

Thank you for commenting, I hope I didn't misunderstand what you were saying.

SN162A085T
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SN162A085T »

Ai and sex dolls are made for each other. The future sex dolls will simply be all about feel. Visually they will have tracking markers all over the body so that your ai glasses can transform her in to the girl of your deams. Or your girlfriend in another country? Haha yea right!
Doll Enthusiast, Creator, Distrupter Since 2013. - Meet Eve:

mrdudeguyman
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by mrdudeguyman »

All that's missing is a robotic doll that moves in sync, but to me that would be a first-generation goal. The next generation would be no doll at all, but a wearable device that mimics touch and weight.

Interestingly enough, both concepts are already being developed. It will be interesting to see which one takes the market. Then of course we have the development of just robotic dolls themselves.

At this point in time, we're no longer waiting for the technology to exist, it already does. We're simply waiting for it to be fully developed and released to market as a singular package.

SeanSteel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SeanSteel »

mrdudeguyman wrote:
All that's missing is a robotic doll that moves in sync, but to me that would be a first-generation goal. The next generation would be no doll at all, but a wearable device that mimics touch and weight.
I totally agree. What I've started to notice as I get better at this is you don't need a robot doll at all, just a robot apparatus. With AR/VR, you can do anything visually

SeanSteel
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SeanSteel »

Sorry, no new vids yet, alot of clean-up on the real model. Hope you like the pics. You can see the FINALLY finished rib cage in a couple pics. I gotta tell ya, I built easy 10 different rib cages, and made about 100 changes. I'm just using fabric over silicone tits and ass, I just can't afford silicone on the outside, so it will have to wait. Hopefully new vid soon.
Attachments
IMG_1499.JPG
IMG_1499.JPG (248.33 KiB) Viewed 2166 times
IMG_1498.JPG
IMG_1498.JPG (248.82 KiB) Viewed 2166 times
IMG_1484.JPG
IMG_1484.JPG (362.79 KiB) Viewed 2166 times
IMG_1477.JPG
IMG_1477.JPG (203.24 KiB) Viewed 2166 times

INFORMATIONS