Starpery.com

Skeleton Realism.

Got an idea? Need an invention?
da_putzler

Skeleton Realism.

Post by da_putzler »

Many dolls are quite heavy with the bulk of them being a metal skeleton and solid tpe or silicone which doesn't help when you are partially disabled and cannot lift or move them around so easily.

Why aren't manufacturers using moulded plastic skeletons inside their dolls to keep the weight down and provide a more realistic feel to the final product with bones in the right places and maybe proper moveable joints and hands ?!

http://www.the-warren.org/GCSERevision/ ... stics.html

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Skeleton Realism.

Post by samara78 »

The weight of dolls aren't in the skeleton it is in the materials used over that. Skeletons are the light portion of the doll believe me. Having seen quite a few of them i would know. Plastics are weak. A popular manufacturer has been experimenting with plastics and having mixed results. Good luck in your search. If you have more questions please post here.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

da_putzler

Post by da_putzler »

Wouldn't a hollow plastic based bone reduce the amount of tpe/silicone needed for the actual doll ? and in turn be lighter if they can get the plastic to be strong enough?

Tybalt
Ex-Member

Post by Tybalt »

Plastic breaks easily and is no good to repair with glue it will break again.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

I agree with tybalt here.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

Pron
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pron »

"a hollow plastic based bone"
Take a look at the high end dolls, it's already there :wink: . Realistic body shape wit 40-50kg total weight and about twice (!) body volume like same sized TPE dolls with tiny hands and feet.
Same doll in TPE would be about 80 kg :lol:

Hungry Bear
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Hungry Bear »

I wonder if closed cell foam type product could work between skeleton and outer TPE layer? In the chest, abdomen, thighs, and breast core maybe?
It is okay to feed the bear! In fact, it is highly recommended! Just be sure to count your fingers afterword.

da_putzler

Post by da_putzler »

That's a good idea Hungry Bear, the closed cell foam would reduce weight, act as a waterproof and thermal resistant layer over the metal skeleton and maybe feel a tad more lifelike through the tpe skin as an anatomical skeleton.

I suppose in the end Pron it all comes down to money.

Aeron
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Aeron »

Hungry Bear wrote:I wonder if closed cell foam type product could work between skeleton and outer TPE layer? In the chest, abdomen, thighs, and breast core maybe?
Think the problem is the usage of TPE. I believe high-end silicon dolls already have a foam layer to reduce weight.

For TPE however, they are cast at high temperature and would melt an intermediate layer like foam.

I'm curious to learn how silicon dolls are cast though, as I would think that would be at high temperature as well.

Meso
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Meso »

Hungry Bear wrote:I wonder if closed cell foam type product could work between skeleton and outer TPE layer? In the chest, abdomen, thighs, and breast core maybe?
Yeah! Bring back Candy8Teen!!!
:plaidskirt:
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13492
Dolls are like motorcycles: I wish I'd kept every one I ever rode.
Past Dolls:
Candy8Teen Taffy doll B-cup, tan. MLD D-cup, tan. AVSexToy 100cm D-cup, tan. YL148 D-cup, tan. JY166 Bambi body builder, natural, JY135 flat, tan, WM144 L-Cup, tan, WM140 A-cup, tan.
Current Dolls:
Mia: OR141 ExtraSoft, F-Cup, tan.
Vampirella & Cowgirl: Phicen

da_putzler

Post by da_putzler »

This looked pretty interesting: Image

Dyolf

Post by Dyolf »

Hmm, perhaps a "skinning" project? Of course that means there would be a garish seam somewhere after the "skin" was applied.
"There is no spoon."

"...Makes it really hard to eat cereal."

ZZZZ
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ZZZZ »

Dyolf wrote:Hmm, perhaps a "skinning" project? Of course that means there would be a garish seam somewhere after the "skin" was applied.
The dolls have mold lines in the same places you'd have seams... I think they could be smoothed in the same way:
Skins and skeletons sold separately? (poll)

Dyolf

Post by Dyolf »

I don't know, thought mold lines were cleared with cautious scalpel work. Even then the lines are still visible. Is it actually possible to fuse TPE or silicone so tightly that the seam is nearly invisible? Would the seam hold, or would it be a logical break point once stress is applied to the area?
"There is no spoon."

"...Makes it really hard to eat cereal."

Robert01
Inactive
Inactive

Post by Robert01 »

The problem with realistic skeletons is that they are very heavy. In addition to that they are not well suited for sex. They are good for posing for pictures. Fixed springy skeletons are better for sex, but they keep the doll in the same resting position of course.
Designer and Manufacturer of Textile Sexdolls

INFORMATIONS