Starpery.com

Articulated Hands and Feet

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Articulated Hands and Feet

Post by Broven »

Dollyman25442 wrote:Finished the final prototype today.
Here's a vid link.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M793Pz ... sp=sharing
That's so awesome! Great job. :)

One question, which I'm sure you thought of, but are the joints stiff enough to overcome the TPE's tendency to want to go back to the shape they were molded in? Hopefully that makes sense.

I seriously can't wait for this to be an option on dolls! I love it!

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Broven wrote:
Dollyman25442 wrote:Finished the final prototype today.
Here's a vid link.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1M793Pz ... sp=sharing
That's so awesome! Great job. :)

One question, which I'm sure you thought of, but are the joints stiff enough to overcome the TPE's tendency to want to go back to the shape they were molded in? Hopefully that makes sense.

I seriously can't wait for this to be an option on dolls! I love it!
That is the hope, but of course we need to actually install a prototype and test.
Soon...

da_putzler

Post by da_putzler »

Things are looking up for hand design :)

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Finally! The first working prototype ready for surgical insertion
See a vid here-
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jpve-e ... sp=sharing
See an image here-
P1010305.JPG
P1010305.JPG (1.73 MiB) Viewed 1180 times

JohnHead444
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Post by JohnHead444 »

Wondering how good the plastics gonna hold up. I've been thinking about this for the last month and even made some ruff proto's at work. But was leaning towards stainless steel for every thing and using dowel pins as far as materials go. Then attaching it to the existing hand plate. Mid evil gauntlets keep coming to mind. Any hoo cool work this looks promising.

Technician
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Technician »

It's been years now, how did this play out? Were the joints strong enough to last?
100cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 11/27/2018, Measurements: I - cup / 25I - 16 - 24 @ 32.4 lbs
140cm Sasy Amazon doll. Purchased: 5/14/2019, Measurements: K - cup / 31K - 19 - 25 @ 51 lbs

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Dollyman25442 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:40 pm Finally! The first working prototype ready for surgical insertion
See a vid here-
See an image here-
P1010305.JPG
Yeah, good question, what ever became of this? MF still uses wires, so we really don't have a replacement articulated hand option.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

MX-V
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by MX-V »

Oh I like this.
Something about hands. Although for some, it might be the idea of a good old fashioned western tug of war hand gibber, for me it's the posing and feminine quality for the ultimate look of poise and sophistication.
Ok, yes, I thought of the first part, but the idea of getting rid of the Gumby and Pokey wires appeals greatly to me.

Rev, the picture you have provided...Gives me an idea. Casting tpe over it may not be the way to go... TimeTraveler1 is right, the heat will be too much.
What if... you made a tpe paste and painted multiple layers over the hand. Now if you started with the hand in a fist position, painted over the fingers, the results would/should/could give the wrinkled skin over the knuckles look.
Maybe it's the espresso talking, but now I have to go look for hands that would be equivalent in size...
I love the smell of TPE in the morning...

Fckdll

Post by Fckdll »

wire fingers are trash. They poke through and they look bad when posed. They can skratch your skin too if the wires are too pointy.

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

MX-V,
My ability to paint TPE paste, or any other substrate, and make the final product resemble a finger is about .00009%
I'd be lucky if it resembled a fresh dog turd. You can paint TPE paste into a mold. That is how I made nipples. So with a hand mold it might be possible.
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

RevJack wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 9:43 am
Dollyman25442 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:40 pm Finally! The first working prototype ready for surgical insertion
See a vid here-
See an image here-
P1010305.JPG
Yeah, good question, what ever became of this? MF still uses wires, so we really don't have a replacement articulated hand option.
Hi Rev,

The final version of my design uses hinges for the 2 end joints of the fingers. I still use the 14g stranded building wire for the first joint because it needs to bend in all directions. It's just the simplest least expensive way to go. The joint edges are radiused so the wire bends on a curve instead of a sharp edge. Several TDF members have installed them (including Dollyman) and I've had no reports yet of the wires breaking. In development, I had many conversations with Dollyman along the way. For my design I decided to stick with 3d printed components from one source, and hardware items (screws, wire, etc.) that are commonly available in stores or online.
For more info see my blog page here...
https://mfcreations3d.blogspot.com/2020 ... lpteo.html

soonpk
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by soonpk »

Thats some serious articulation!
My Doll Photo Thread: viewtopic.php?t=162724 Check it out

INFORMATIONS