Starpery.com

My Quest for an Anthropomorphic Doll

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Zenny
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Re: My Quest for an Anthropomorphic Doll

Post by Zenny »

Wow, well done. I love seeing this kind of dedication and creativity. For someone that has little experience with sewing, this is a bang up job.

I'm somewhat surprised (and impressed) that you didn't start by buying a premium fursuit and then go from there, but I speak as someone with no artistic skills.
A dollhouse divided against itself cannot stand.

roninfiertze

Post by roninfiertze »

The project isn't dead, fear not! I've just been suuuuper busy with other things lately, but I'll certainly get back to it!
Zenny wrote:I'm somewhat surprised (and impressed) that you didn't start by buying a premium fursuit and then go from there,
I considered that for a long time! It's hard to find one that isn't baggy and looks like it's not just a person (or doll) in a costume, which I wanted to avoid, and that's what led me to this.

Sweet news is, I picked up a 3d printer and know how to 3d model, so after all the other crap I've been printing for fun I'm going to just design custom paw pads for her and maybe a better nose. Claws for the hands too.

Bad news is, after testing it TPE filament does not extrude too well in the printer I bought. Should have considered that! The paw pads will have to be hard plastic.
Present:
Katie - WM 145cm head #1 - 2014
Cheyenne - Sanhui 156cm head #2 - 2016
"Anthro Project" - HappyDoll 100cm TDF banned - 2017
Alexandria - DH168 132cm TDF banned - 2017
Emily - DH168 132cm TDF banned - 2018
Casandra - DH168 145cm Marie - 2020
Anastasia - CD 138cm TDF banned - 2021
Unnamed - CD 130cm TDF banned - 2021
Ordered - Zelex 142cm TDF banned - 2021

Future:
1.) GameDoll Sino G3 160cm
2.) Sino 158cm B #30
3.) Starpery 171cm

coolumbia
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by coolumbia »

Hats off to you for the dedication and work you've put it. you've done tremendous.

dart25
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by dart25 »

Been keeping a eye on this even before registering. There are a wide variety of different anthro images that I wonder how it would look in RL. Hope things are proceeding well and will be keeping tabs for my own ideas.

roninfiertze

Post by roninfiertze »

A while ago I threw together the 3d designs for the paw pads and toes and printed them for 1 foot to test but never got around to applying them. They should be sized correctly, I just wanted to wait until there was fur trimming under the edges before attaching them, and the body fur is going to be a large enough task I've been procrastinating until I have a longer stretch of time alone to dedicate to it.

I wish I could update with more on the doll but I've been working heavily on another project that is needed first, and will likely continue to consume me for a month or so more. In the interest of moving sometime in the next year I'm building nice wooden storage boxes for each of my dolls, starting with Cheyenne, a 165cm. I am also building a slightly shorter version for my roommate's identical doll. Mine is meant to be big enough that I can just leave her head on in storage. I have only finished the frame and wood walls, and have yet to apply the leather, hinges, locking latches, aluminum edge trim, steel corners and of course foam lining as most of the time I'm waiting on wood glue to dry. Hopefully sometime next week this first of 3~4 boxes will be completed.

Present:

Future:
2.) Sino 158cm B #30
3.) Starpery 171cm

S_A_Octavia
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by S_A_Octavia »

Oh my goodness, she's looking incredible~ <3 Glad to hear someone else is into anthro dolls (and thanks for asking around with manufacturers, always wondered if they'd consider an anthro doll. Shame they refused)! Can't wait to see more progress - very seriously considering getting one of my own and trying this!

roninfiertze

Post by roninfiertze »

I'm going to see if I can finish up my work on this over the Summer with the body fur patterned the way I had envisioned. I'm honestly considering selling the doll when I'm done as I'm really running out of room for all my projects and having 3 dolls in a space meant for 2 is getting pretty cramped, plus I am dating someone fairly seriously now and it's enough work making sure I hide a 5'5" silicone doll away, not to mention this one covered in colorful fur... Not sure I want to explain that! Hahaha... I'll drop an update once I've made some real progress on the doll.
Present:

Future:
2.) Sino 158cm B #30
3.) Starpery 171cm

S_A_Octavia
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by S_A_Octavia »

roninfiertze wrote:I'm honestly considering selling the doll when I'm done
*ears perk up*

brennuvargr

Post by brennuvargr »

roninfiertze wrote:
I have long wanted a company to offer a doll with a better level of detail, internal skeleton and which appeals to the side of me that really digs furries. Some have made dolls before which either had wire skeletons, low or baggy details, and little appeal to me visually.

WOW ... after looking at the work you have been doing ... in a word "awesome"

you are doing some wonderfully talented and creative work

there IS a demand for anthro dolls ... LOL there are more than just one or two "furres" both in here and other doll forums ... and a whole furre community that I can well imagine has more than just one or two members who would be interested in them

I have long suspected that the only way anthro dolls would ever get made, is for someone to start a company of their own, just for that
... I can remember having a conversation with one doll maker many years ago, who had expressed interest in trying something like a catgirl, but that was many years ago, I have no idea if he would even be interested any more

that is a totally cool project 8) :thumbs_up:

roninfiertze

Post by roninfiertze »

brennuvargr wrote: ... I can remember having a conversation with one doll maker many years ago, who had expressed interest in trying something like a catgirl, but that was many years ago,
Do you recall the name of the company? The only one I ever got any positive feedback from was a manufacturer that got banned from the forums years ago, but are of course still making really high-end dolls.

Theirs would be far beyond my ability to afford however...
Present:

Future:
2.) Sino 158cm B #30
3.) Starpery 171cm

JDawg
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by JDawg »

Have you considered or tested doing custom hair rooting to an already made silicone or tpe doll using mohair or something similar? Granted from what I've heard doing custom hair rooting is a very tedious and intensive process.

zaxdoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by zaxdoll »

You roxx !

Drows & Catgirls rulez !

r363b
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by r363b »

Anung Un Rama wrote:The project is evolving well, and great that you have a road map and a plan to work with.

Regarding any further head suggestions, while I am not sure about oral functionality ( as my expertise is minmal with fabric type dolls) I would refer you the experts and have a look at what teddy babes does,

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=35

or

coyote 9 at Velour vixens

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=252

and even big sexy plush

https://bigsexyplush.com/gallery/

As they may have further concepts, ideas, applications and products to assist with your project.

Trust this helps.

Anung
did not know about .. bigsexy plush. Saw alot of sales on their web sight

S_A_Octavia
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by S_A_Octavia »

r363b wrote:
Anung Un Rama wrote:The project is evolving well, and great that you have a road map and a plan to work with.

Regarding any further head suggestions, while I am not sure about oral functionality ( as my expertise is minmal with fabric type dolls) I would refer you the experts and have a look at what teddy babes does,

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=35

or

coyote 9 at Velour vixens

http://dollforum.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=252

and even big sexy plush

https://bigsexyplush.com/gallery/

As they may have further concepts, ideas, applications and products to assist with your project.

Trust this helps.

Anung
did not know about .. bigsexy plush. Saw alot of sales on their web sight
BSP customer here, happy to answer any questions that you might have.

Malicecrossrevolver
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Malicecrossrevolver »

Wow. I wish the big companies could be as innovative. I bet there is a demand for this

INFORMATIONS