Starpery.com

Gimme head! No, really, I want your head

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Simpleman

Re: Gimme head! No, really, I want your head

Post by Simpleman »

The head looks fantastic, nice work.

It's unfortunate about the ear. Manufacturers really need to stop skimping on decent packaging. This head was essentially rolling around in the box when it was delivered.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Are you using hot air to seal up the casting hole Dollyman?

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Maviarab wrote:Are you using hot air to seal up the casting hole Dollyman?
Good question!
I tried hot air but it didn't do nearly as good a job as a chunk of TPE sealed in with Permetex Flowable silicone windshield sealant. Nice, airtight seal :-)

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Simpleman wrote:The head looks fantastic, nice work.

It's unfortunate about the ear. Manufacturers really need to stop skimping on decent packaging. This head was essentially rolling around in the box when it was delivered.
Truly a pity. If not for poor shipping, that head would have been perfect. Tricky repair/correction (the floopy ear). Workin on it!

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Dollyman25442 wrote:
Good question!
I tried hot air but it didn't do nearly as good a job as a chunk of TPE sealed in with Permetex Flowable silicone windshield sealant. Nice, airtight seal :-)
No issues with the silicone/tpe bonding together or causing issues with each other then I assume?

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Maviarab wrote:
Dollyman25442 wrote:
Good question!
No issues with the silicone/tpe bonding together or causing issues with each other then I assume?
Contrary to popular belief, their have been no issues. A number of inventor/repairers have extensively tested the very particular product.
It MUST be Permetex Flowable Silicone Windshield Sealant.
Also, in my new product replacement nipples using Smooth-On Ecoflex to insure no reactiveness, we'll use "Body Color" as the adhesive which will create a barrier but theoretically we could use the Permatex as an adhesive too.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Dollyman25442 wrote:
Maviarab wrote:
Dollyman25442 wrote:
Good question!
Contrary to popular belief, their have been no issues. A number of inventor/repairers have extensively tested the very particular product.
It MUST be Permetex Flowable Silicone Windshield Sealant.
Also, in my new product replacement nipples using Smooth-On Ecoflex to insure no reactiveness, we'll use "Body Color" as the adhesive which will create a barrier but theoretically we could use the Permatex as an adhesive too.

Interesting stuff, cheers. Replied to your other comment btw regarding your custom nipples in Stacy's thread.

Chuck Norris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chuck Norris »

Interesting Dollyman.
I just did a mod on one of my head recently (Not a WM) and noticed there was also a tiny hole at the end of the oral cavity when I remove the skin from the skull.
I thought at first that it was there to prevent the eye bulging since air need to escape.
But regardless, I have to agree with you that it is unsanitary having a tiny hole in the end of the oral cavity.

Visitor: Where does that weird fish smell comes from?
Me: I dunno...maybe from that leftover jizz that went into her skull and I cant clean it off... :roll:

Oral is a no go with my dolly but I can see it happening.

Kraus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Kraus »

DollyMan, great work!

I've got my first doll in production right now (WM155 DD) and after seeing a video showing oral penetration I was a bit perplexed about the face bulging. Now it makes sense and seems a bit of a shame that the manufacturers are still making such an obvious oversight. Oral isn't one of the main reasons I ordered her, but it sure would be nice! :wink:

I got a free extra head thrown in with a Black Friday deal and this thread has been very informative and inspiring, so I may attempt a similar modification of my own at some point. If I do I'll be sure to take pictures and share the progress and results here as you have.

One question I have at the moment is, what is the difference between the first two skulls and the third one? You talk about WM dolls with each, but the third seems to be shaped differently. You also mentioned that the first had a sealed mouth cavity, while you needed to fix the hole in the last one. Was there a difference in the vendor/designer/manufacturer of the heads, or just models from different points in time?

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Kraus wrote:DollyMan, great work!

I've got my first doll in production right now (WM155 DD) and after seeing a video showing oral penetration I was a bit perplexed about the face bulging. Now it makes sense and seems a bit of a shame that the manufacturers are still making such an obvious oversight. Oral isn't one of the main reasons I ordered her, but it sure would be nice! :wink:

I got a free extra head thrown in with a Black Friday deal and this thread has been very informative and inspiring, so I may attempt a similar modification of my own at some point. If I do I'll be sure to take pictures and share the progress and results here as you have.

One question I have at the moment is, what is the difference between the first two skulls and the third one? You talk about WM dolls with each, but the third seems to be shaped differently. You also mentioned that the first had a sealed mouth cavity, while you needed to fix the hole in the last one. Was there a difference in the vendor/designer/manufacturer of the heads, or just models from different points in time?
I admit, it's a bit confusing. All are supposedly WM Jinsan heads, and each seem to have distinct differences either in casting or shape. Suffice to say the more accurate description is probably "WM like" heads/skulls". The third one was quite different in size but was made up for in tpe "meat" (although the overall size was slightly smaller). Sometimes I find the oral tube in the skull with a hole, most times I find a hole in the tpe tube within that oral cavity and it's always causation for eye bulge. If one doesn't want to do a full face peel, a simple hole in the neck base will alleviate the pressure and fix the problem.
Say, if you send me that second head, I'll mod it for free.

Kraus
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Kraus »

Dollyman25442 wrote: I admit, it's a bit confusing. All are supposedly WM Jinsan heads, and each seem to have distinct differences either in casting or shape. Suffice to say the more accurate description is probably "WM like" heads/skulls". The third one was quite different in size but was made up for in tpe "meat" (although the overall size was slightly smaller). Sometimes I find the oral tube in the skull with a hole, most times I find a hole in the tpe tube within that oral cavity and it's always causation for eye bulge. If one doesn't want to do a full face peel, a simple hole in the neck base will alleviate the pressure and fix the problem.
Interesting. I'm curious to see what mine will be like when they arrive.
Dollyman25442 wrote: Say, if you send me that second head, I'll mod it for free.
I appreciate the offer, but if I do decide it needs a mod it will be a fun project for me. I probably won't do anything to it right away though, I imagine I'll be a little too busy with my new lady for much else. :lol:

Simpleman

Post by Simpleman »

I'm looking forward to getting this latest project home. Imho, I think that having some decent degree of oral ability really makes a doll.

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

So, Simpleman's head got shipped out today and while I hope it makes an improvement, it's iffy as the skull was quite a bit smaller by comparison to other WM skulls I've worked with before. We shall see.
P1010636.JPG
P1010636.JPG (1.69 MiB) Viewed 1663 times

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

And ever being inventive, here's another skull I'm modifying (for myself).
This time I've decided to entirely scrap the oral cavity done by the factory and replace with a cavity (more curved like a real "throat") of my own design.
Stay tuned ;-)
Attachments
P1010670.JPG
P1010670.JPG (1.8 MiB) Viewed 1663 times

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Well that looks interesting Dollyman!

INFORMATIONS