Starpery.com

Eye Lid mod/attachement ?

Got an idea? Need an invention?
MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Re: Eye Lid mod/attachement ?

Post by MannequinFan »

autolycus wrote:I, too, was shocked and then happy to find out about MF's untimely demise then resurrection! I'll just say that I too recommend his eyelids. They add such a wonderful new dimension to my dolls appearance. And the greyish color means they look good even without using makeup.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YppxEYkqTU

Perhaps it will turn out that I've been dead all along like Bruce Willis (sorry spoiler alert) :lol:

Navydave

Post by Navydave »

how can I get a pair

JP2003

Post by JP2003 »

Is there a website for ordering the eyelids?

Doc427
Doll
Doll

Post by Doc427 »

What happens now is the first Saturday of each month, starting at 2pm CST, MannequinFan opens up an ordering queue for twelve or so pairs of the eyes. First come, first serve basis. Let me find the link to his thread that can provide you with all the information that you Need. viewtopic.php?f=267&t=100373&hilit=Mann ... s+for+sale Hope this helps!

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey Doc thanks for the mention. :)
For those wanting just eyelids, there's no need to wait for the monthly sale.
These are now available at any time from the popular online 3d printing service Sculpteo.
2 Styles, 3 colors and in 2 or 4 pair sets.
See my posts here and here for more info.
Attachments
MFeyelids-3 colors.JPG
MFeyelids-3 colors.JPG (572.51 KiB) Viewed 1870 times

JP2003

Post by JP2003 »

Awesome thank you! I am looking into the eyelids. I shall be ordering them. I may have missed the post however, do they come in skin colors or just meant to be covered with makeup?

JP2003

Post by JP2003 »

Ok, I found the link to Sculpteo. Unless I am missing something, I can`t see an option to search for products or info on ordering the eyelids?

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

JP2003 wrote:Awesome thank you! I am looking into the eyelids. I shall be ordering them. I may have missed the post however, do they come in skin colors or just meant to be covered with makeup?
JP2003 wrote:Ok, I found the link to Sculpteo. Unless I am missing something, I can`t see an option to search for products or info on ordering the eyelids?
Hi JP, the 3 colors I posted above are what is available from Sculpteo.
You won't find them on the Sculpteo website. You'll need to use the links in the catalog to order.
You can download the PDF catalog for ordering here: https://tinyurl.com/MFeyelids
Just follow the directions in the PDF. If you have any questions just PM me or email me at bcdspecialorder@gmail.com.

The black and gray colors are easily colored with a 24hr creme eye shadow such as Revlon Colorstay.
They can also be painted with acrylic paint if you want to match skin color. The white can be dyed to any shade with Rit Dyemore.
See my post here for a quick eyelash install tutorial for the new style eyelids.
IMG_4887.JPG
IMG_4887.JPG (550.48 KiB) Viewed 1868 times

JP2003

Post by JP2003 »

Awesome! thank you. I have a Tan Racyme doll, and I do intend to color match the eyelids as best as I can.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

JP2003 wrote:Awesome! thank you. I have a Tan Racyme doll, and I do intend to color match the eyelids as best as I can.
These are the white SLS eyelids dye tinted with Chocolate Brown Rit Dyemore.
1-1/2 cups hot water with about 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon dye for just a few minutes.
Makes a nice tan color really close to a medium or tan TPE...
Attachments
IMG_4867.JPG
IMG_4867.JPG (397.87 KiB) Viewed 1841 times

JP2003

Post by JP2003 »

Okay cool! I will go with the white. Did you let them sit in the solution for a few mins or applied with a brush? Here is a Pic of Jessie.
Attachments
20191120_114217.jpg
20191120_114217.jpg (520.51 KiB) Viewed 1830 times

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

JP2003 wrote:Okay cool! I will go with the white. Did you let them sit in the solution for a few mins or applied with a brush? Here is a Pic of Jessie.
They need to be submerged in the solution so they dye evenly - just like dying cloth or anything else.

Quick steps:
1. Microwave 1-1/2 cups water for about 2 mins to just below boiling.
2. Pour the hot water into a styrofoam cup and add 1/4 to 1/2 tsp. dye. Stir thoroughly.
BTW, if you like ramen, The Maruchan instant lunches have the perfect size styrofoam cups. :)

3. Add eyelids. Stir and check color every minute or so until dark as desired.
4. Remove eyelids from dye bath and clean in warm soapy water to remove any excess dye.
5. Rinse off with cool water and dry.

JP2003

Post by JP2003 »

HOLY SHIT! So, I ordered the 2 pair white this PAST thursday 1/16/2020 and it arrived yesterday afternoon 1/22/2020! All the way from France to here in the USA (Massachusetts)!! WOW! Wicked fast! Bravo Sculpteo!!!!! Now to dye them...as MannequinFan suggested... I would like to try and find the closest dye/dye combo to Jessie`s skin tone as possible, though the chocolate brown looks great. Follow up question...as I am in the process of redoing her eyes anyways, I saw a hack on here about putting a bead, a little smaller than her eye, replacing the cotton behind the eyeball, to make moving the eyes easier and now with these new eyelids, anyone have this setup and anything I need to be made aware of? Thanks everyone!

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey JP thanks for letting me know you ordered. I didn't get a notification. Which style did you get?
Yes, the turnaround time with Sculpteo is truly impressive. I think they must be using Captain Kirk's transporter to send them out! :)

Regarding eyes, would you like them to move easier AND be able to change eye colors instantly without removing the eyes?
Check out this thread: viewtopic.php?f=267&t=100373
Or download this PDF...
download/file.php?id=617539

JP2003

Post by JP2003 »

Hmm interesting, as for what type, i`ll have to look. I did see this also, but decided to go with this for now. Maybe down the road I will get this upgrade. Thanks!

INFORMATIONS