Starpery.com

Project: Aurora Aguilera. Plastic doll conversion.

Got an idea? Need an invention?
samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Project: Aurora Aguilera. Plastic doll conversion.

Post by samara78 »

Oh i am inspired and will soon be putting my time toward a similar project.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

OK, here about 4 days of arm modification. Couldn't take the short arms any longer.

Overall:
Cut at the +.
Lengthen out the upper & lower arm w/ PVC pipe glued in.
Added 2-1/2" on the upper & lower for 5" total.
Fill in w/ bondo.
I did all the bondo work on the lower arm while it was removed.
I ended up using the bungy cord doubled and tied off at the hand/wrist wire loop.
Upper arm bondo work had to wait until the arm was all assembled.
Was able to beef the upper arm up a little more. The lower arm had a odd bend which I couldn't do much with.
The PVC and bondo definitely adds weight!
Attachments
IMAG0001.JPG
IMAG0001.JPG (312.38 KiB) Viewed 2211 times
IMAG0002.JPG
IMAG0002.JPG (310.13 KiB) Viewed 2211 times
IMAG0003.JPG
IMAG0003.JPG (330.37 KiB) Viewed 2211 times
IMAG0001 (2).JPG
IMAG0001 (2).JPG (285.34 KiB) Viewed 2211 times
IMAG0002 (2).JPG
IMAG0002 (2).JPG (242.59 KiB) Viewed 2211 times
IMAG0004.JPG
IMAG0004.JPG (240.28 KiB) Viewed 2211 times
IMAG0007 (2).JPG
IMAG0007 (2).JPG (322.94 KiB) Viewed 2211 times
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Thank you so much she is really amazing. I will be doing this to upper leg/arm portions. I know for sure i can give her three inches at least.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks
The longer arms really make a big diff in looks. At least for how I want her to look.

The PVC tube for the upper arm was slightly too big so I had to saw a 1/2"? strip out of it and heat it over the stove burner so I could form it a little small diameter. I just used heavy leather work gloves to squeeze form it. The plastic never smoked or bubbled. Doesn't take much heat to soften it.

The PVC on the forearm wrist end had to be tapered so I cut a deep V notch in the end of PVC tube and heat form it smaller. Actually got it close by hand then shoved it into the arm piece to form fit it perfect then let cool while still inside.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Good stuff. This will help immensly.
What are good adhesives for fiberglass and or resin?

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Something I bought recently was Devcon Epoxy in these squeeze bottles. Good if you use a lot of std 5 min epoxy. 9 oz's for like $17.00 where I was paying $5.00 for a 1 oz syringe type. I also always had trouble w/ the epoxy wanting to leak out of the syringe. Always had to try and tape the caps on, etc. Had them leak out the pusher side too.

This epoxy gels up pretty quick which is nice so you don't have to have the parts clamped for hours.
I'm working in the heat and just hold the parts for a couple of minutes by hand and that's it. Move on to the next step. If you're trying to glue a bunch of patch areas, install rivets, etc you better be fast!

Fiberglass resin is good for fiberglass, but it is expensive too at around $20.00 a quart, but cheaper than epoxy. While not a actual glue it will dry up hard. Quite runny though and takes longer to dry than the epoxy I'm using.
I'm using steel, PVC and bondo on a pliable vinyl doll so there is probably no one glue that is perfect for everything. I just use the Devcon and hope for the best. I use a very coarse rasp on every surface that is to be glued to give the epoxy more gripping power.
Attachments
devcon epoxy.jpg
devcon epoxy.jpg (18.94 KiB) Viewed 2189 times

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Perfect thank you so much

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Luv U Sam.
Glad you're our friend.
Attachments
IMAG0028.JPG
IMAG0028.JPG (325.75 KiB) Viewed 2140 times

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey RK, great job on the arms! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Look like they came that way from the factory!

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks MF! :D

RK
Attachments
IMAG0013.JPG
IMAG0013.JPG (244.36 KiB) Viewed 2133 times

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Awe she is such a cutie. Thanks for all of your help.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Wow! Has it been 2 yrs since I updated! 8O

#1 Aurora is now Danya. Pronounced like Tawnya. She is the younger and wilder, "aren't they always" sister of Dasha.

So I made a silicone insert for Danya way back when. I added slacker which will make it take longer to cure. That and it was too cold, the cosmetic look of the insert is not too good as I pulled it from the mold too soon. Functionally, it works fine.
Well I tried the insert out, but my mind, body & age was just not into at that time and having sex w/ Danya just didn't work out to completion you might say.
So, she's been basically sitting as a bed ornament all this time. I finally needed a body to be with and tried her out and it worked. :multi: So now we're a happy couple again! :D

Due to this turn of events I decided to finish up her torso and boobs. I was able to graft the printed boob forms I got from MannequinFan and Danya came out pretty decent.
I need to do such touch up on the ribs as I hogged them out at the last minute right before painting. Planned to do it, but forgot until the last minute. I'd already spent probably 20 hrs + reshaping from her neck to belly button to give her more contours and larger rib cage and really needed to get her done.

I bought another used Chantal trainer head just like Danya that I'm going to use as a base pattern for making her a silicone head with open mouth and hopefully oral capable. Of course the final result will be extremely realistic I hope anyway. That will be in it's own dedicated thread.

So, here's the most recent work. I think I misplaced a few build pics in another file, but oh well.
IMAG0001.JPG
IMAG0001.JPG (61.39 KiB) Viewed 1620 times
IMAG0002.JPG
IMAG0002.JPG (60.99 KiB) Viewed 1620 times
80's big hair!!
80's big hair!!
IMAG0003.JPG (339.67 KiB) Viewed 1620 times
IMAG0005.JPG
IMAG0005.JPG (309.87 KiB) Viewed 1620 times
IMAG0007.JPG
IMAG0007.JPG (313.45 KiB) Viewed 1620 times
IMAG0002.JPG
IMAG0002.JPG (266.13 KiB) Viewed 1620 times
IMAG0003.JPG
IMAG0003.JPG (241.48 KiB) Viewed 1620 times

INFORMATIONS