Starpery.com

Project: Aurora Aguilera. Plastic doll conversion.

Got an idea? Need an invention?
rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Project: Aurora Aguilera. Plastic doll conversion.

Post by rubherkitty »

The doll body is a hard, but pliable vinyl doll from a line called Masterpiece Dolls. As these dolls represent life forms that are not allowed on TDF, I cannot show you what the doll looks like in full form. You will only see body pieces under conversion until the doll is enhanced to adult proportions and looks. The body is the 4' tall model.

The overall conversion will cover:
Head swap
Breast enhancement
Abdomen extension of 2" and re sculpt.
Hip widening of 1-1/2" and re sculpt + vaginal sleeve install.
Thigh extension of 2" and re sculpt.
Feet swap + ankle extension of 2".
BT speaker
Push button response audio device + dedicated speaker?

Next post will be feet conversion.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Re: Project: Aurora Aguilera. Plastic doll conversion.

Post by MannequinFan »

Very cool my friend! Nice to see you posting another project.
I'll look forward to following your progress!

:)

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks MF
Really wanting to get this little hotty done so I have a play toy for the summer++ and can get back onto other things. Will probably be the last doll I can make for awhile.

Going from flat monkey feet to slimmer high heel posed feet plus adding 2" in length at the ankle.
The feet pose will also add 3". Then some wild 5" heels should add 2" more. Total gain of 7"

Pic 3. Looks like matching feet, but I heated the L foot up in boiling water and pushed the toes a little closer together for heels. Actually did both of them of course and worked the small toes a little further in as well. The small toe on the LH side developed and little surface cracking due to all the stress, but it can be filled and then feet will be smoother over and painted anyway.

Wood dowel in feet is 1" dia. Had to build this up w/ PVC tubing of 1" then 1-1/4". I cut some small shims from 1-1/2" PVC and used fiberglass resin to glue them together and inside the legs to take up some room and give a mounting point for the tops of the feet extension tube. I pre-glued up a triple stack of shims to fill in the calf side of the leg. Everything has to be coarse filed w/a rasp so the resin or glue will have more to grip onto. I also filed a bevel on the end of the extension tubes and the edge of the shims so they could slide past each other easier. Fiberglass resin is not as strong as epoxy, but the resin sets up in around 15 min so you can move on to the next step vs waiting for epoxy to dry. Plus a quart of resin is around $20.00 vs $5.00 for a little tube of epoxy.

Once the shims inside the leg were all glued in I mixed some bondoglass to fill any gaps in between them. I then mixed up around 2 TBSP of resin and applied to the shims, to the feet extension tube and poured the rest just inside the cut off feet hole.I then installed the feet and rotated to the marks I had made then put making tape around the joint so when I suspended the leg in the air the resin could fill in around the joint, but not leak out. Don't stand the leg up on the feet and you will most likely push the foot in too far.
Attachments
MP feet 005.JPG
MP feet 005.JPG (213.6 KiB) Viewed 4370 times
MP feet 006.JPG
MP feet 006.JPG (206.85 KiB) Viewed 4370 times
MP feet 007.JPG
MP feet 007.JPG (234.34 KiB) Viewed 4370 times
MP feet 001.JPG
MP feet 001.JPG (227.11 KiB) Viewed 4370 times
MP feet 001.JPG
MP feet 001.JPG (202.64 KiB) Viewed 4370 times
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hey those feet look familiar! :) (not the monkey feet, lol)
Nice job so far. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

So I assume you'll be filling in the 2" gap at the ankle with bondo?

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

MannequinFan wrote:Hey those feet look familiar! :) (not the monkey feet, lol)
Nice job so far. :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

So I assume you'll be filling in the 2" gap at the ankle with bondo?
Yes, pretty printed feet! :wink:
Yes, will put a thin coat of bondoglass down then regular bondo for surface finish.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think this was about the trickiest conversion yet as I didn't want to attach the feet extension to the leg via rivets. The thigh extensions will have metal strips w/ alum rivets, but I plan to beef the thighs up some anyway w/ bondo so that will all be covered.

I though I might have to drill a hole in the leg to inject resin, but I was able to get the shim placement done well enough to just throw in a bunch of resin and let it settle. I think I used 7 of the shims all together just on this 1st leg. Either a 2-3 stack or side x side, etc. Trying to use the least amount of material mainly due to weight. The legs are rotocast hollow so the top of the tubes could just swing around inside erratically. With the MSB's there are all kinds of plastic connectors I was able to fit and glue the tubing to.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

This is wonderful. Can't wait to see her finished up.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

samara78 wrote:This is wonderful. Can't wait to see her finished up.
Thanks
Can you use those original feet for a doll project? They are 6-1/2" long.
The doll was missing the head so I got it for a fraction of the retail cost! :D
I will try to use the original hands for now.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

First pic is the ankle extension pieces glued in and a coat of bondoglass has been applied and the high spots rough taken down.
The rest of the fill was bondo.
2nd & 3rd pics are the ankles done w/ 2 coats of paint. Sorry for the crappy picks. The 2" extension not only made the legs longer, but gave me that much space to transition the 2 different contours together.
--------------------------------------------
Second pics are the hip area. It has been widened 1-3/8" to allow for a PVC elbow that will be a sleeve holder. The sheet metal pieces at the top will rivet to the chest piece and add 2" of stomach length plus allow me that distance to contour the wider hips to the original width chest. The flat butt will need a lot of work. It will probably require so much bondo I'm thinking of grafting some type of oval shaped pieces of plastic to build it up first.
Attachments
MP feet 001.JPG
MP feet 001.JPG (219.31 KiB) Viewed 4170 times
mp doll 006.JPG
mp doll 006.JPG (273.75 KiB) Viewed 4170 times
mp doll 007.JPG
mp doll 007.JPG (273.55 KiB) Viewed 4170 times
mp doll 001.JPG
mp doll 001.JPG (290.05 KiB) Viewed 4170 times
mp doll 002.JPG
mp doll 002.JPG (294.35 KiB) Viewed 4170 times
mp doll 003.JPG
mp doll 003.JPG (292.79 KiB) Viewed 4170 times

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Wow RK those legs look great! :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Now she has the legs of a dancer! :D

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Really beautiful i watch in amazement
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

mi6c
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by mi6c »

Nice work !
優月( Yuzuki) - Orient Industry Koyuki head / Silicone Art Super Styling(SS) body
艶( Tsuya) - Orient Industry Izumi head on Jewel Real Taste 146(L) body
Tinúviel - EXDOLL Samantha head on Orient Industry Jewel Candy Girl( Jewel 2) body
Yuzuki, Tsuya & friends

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks everybody.
Worked all day on Aurora.

Made metal cap for insert holder w/ 4 tabs riveted to holder. Was just going to glue a flat piece of fiberglass to the top, but if it broke loose I'd have to take the doll apart to fix. Insert holder can handle insert up to 9" long. Just barely enough. :roll:
IMAG0001.JPG
IMAG0001.JPG (209.47 KiB) Viewed 4058 times
Insert holder w/ 2 holes for riveting to back connector plate. Center hole was a alignment trial & error.
IMAG0002.JPG
IMAG0002.JPG (216.69 KiB) Viewed 4058 times
Fitting metal side connectors for chest to hip connection. One side marked and other side unmarked.
I made the front and back plates last summer. Same w/ the hip widening operation.
IMAG0003.JPG
IMAG0003.JPG (235.58 KiB) Viewed 4058 times
IMAG0004.JPG
IMAG0004.JPG (252.1 KiB) Viewed 4058 times
IMAG0005.JPG
IMAG0005.JPG (239.91 KiB) Viewed 4058 times
Fitting up the insert holder for glueing in. I used fiberglass resin for glue on the 2 rivet points plus made a pool of resin around the open end of insert holder on the inside of hip. I used masking tape on the outside face of insert holder and hip so the resin would not run out. Once the resin was all applied and holder riveted in, I place the chest half of doll onto the metal extensions as this changes the angle of the holder slightly. I used aluminum rivets anywhere the rivet head would be on the vinyl body as a steel rivet would compress to deep into the vinyl. Once the resin was cured I removed the chest piece and packed some bondoglass in around the holder on the inside of the hip to strengthen more.
IMAG0006.JPG
IMAG0006.JPG (265.36 KiB) Viewed 4058 times
Outside face of holder before being taped up.
IMAG0007.JPG
IMAG0007.JPG (218.21 KiB) Viewed 4058 times
Outside face showing where resin filled in around connection.
IMAG0008.JPG
IMAG0008.JPG (244.79 KiB) Viewed 4058 times
Fiberglass cloth and resin patches covering gaps between the metal hip to chest connectors.
IMAG0009.JPG
IMAG0009.JPG (243.28 KiB) Viewed 4058 times
That's about it for today and possibly till next week.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Wow. Amazing you plan on leaving us hanging? Awe man. Seriously though great work

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

This thread is absolutely riveting!
:lol:

Very nice work so far RK. Looks like she's coming along great.
You've got some real skills with those materials. It's going to be fun to watch her take shape!

In this photo it looks like she's got a bleach blonde bush growing... :o :)

BTW, is that your home made silicone insert in the first photo?

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks

OK Sam, I'm going to give Aurora one more full day. I should be applying bondo to the torso and have the legs and head attached by the end of the day. Then all that is left is boobs and butt build up and final finishing/ paint. I'm so close to getting this project done I hate to quit.

OK MF, I must have been full of holes at the end of the day to not see riveting thrown at me. :wink:

The blonde bush is where I used a rasp on the old bondo to expose cleaner bondo underneath for better adhesion for the new bondo applied around the holder. Anywhere on the project I plan to apply glue, resin or bondo product I try to rough the surface up. That's why in a lot of my pics everything looks so roughed up.

The insert is a D-Hole brand I purchased from Toy Demon. I need to do a full review sometime, but it is working out better for me on this project then a FL would. It doesn't need venting and the front face angles just like the doll. Unforn the insert is not set up for a ring holder. I ended up making a custom ring that matched the angle of the holder face. The insert was trimmed of the odd outside ribs when I was attempting to use the printed ring in the holder. Now using the custom ring there was no need to remove the ribs. Toy Demon has a few other inserts I want to try. Their lube is great. The extra length of the holder vs the insert length can be solved by stuffing a sock in the holder.

BTW, I never buy thin gauge sheet metal at the hardware store. $10.00 for a little square of metal!
I find all kinds on the curb. Junked computer cases, old file cabinets, etc. Aurora, meaner than a junk built doll!

INFORMATIONS