Starpery.com

Real doll brothel

Got an idea? Need an invention?
deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Re: Real doll brothel

Post by deadpringle »

jm6o8u wrote:Orville yes Wilbert do you think man can fly?
We went to the Moon!
If you go over three miles per hour you will die.
Then came the train.
First cars were very unsafe. Now we drive every day.
Would be a great test bed for improvements.
For those who want ai and better dolls this might encourage improvement.
A lot to work out but not impossible.
Never know until you try!
Your comparison is flawed. You're comparing achievements with business planning. Two completely different things.

Is a doll brothel achievable? Absolutely it is. Is it a viable business model. No.
Annie: Shirley! We were just...
Abed: About to...
Troy: Eat garbage dip!... WHY DID I HAVE TO GO THIRD?!
-- from Community - Season 4 Episode 5

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by deadpringle »

AnonViking wrote:You'll need to hire security, deal with strange people, violent people, drunks, drug addicts, people who morally object to what you're doing, etc. If you're planning to work there yourself, realize this is a evening/night operation.

And how do you plan on advertising? And even if that operation isn't illegal, you can bet you'll face "Mothers Against Vices" neighborhood associations wanting to burn down your operation or get the city council to get rid of you. Your name will be branded and associated with "prostitution", do you want everyone that know you what sort of work you do?

Getting permission to actually run a operation like this could be difficult, as you probably have to deal with the human health & safety aspect, and officials are not likely to give you any wiggle-room since most of them will probably object morally.

"Real dolls as prostitutes" sounds easy, but practically it's an impossible operation, unless each visitor pays like $400-500. Which is really like a down-payment on a doll.

Problem is also, who would want to be seen in a doll brothel? I mean, being seen in a normal brothel is maybe fine because those are real women, but doll brothel? You're assuming there will be visitors, I'm not too sure.

Open up a coffee shop instead, and sell bagels!
Everything here seconded 100%. Dolls cannot take responsibility for anything, which only heaves ThatMuchMore(tm) responsibility on the owner of said dolls.

Why would someone even pay $500 for one night with a doll, when they can own one themselves for $1500?

Sorry bella2014 for all of the negative commentary on this. Please understand that you're getting feedback from doll veterans (though I'm hardly quite as much of a "veteran" as a lot of others here :) ), and this isn't meant to discourage you from starting a business of your own. It's just that this kind of business venture is so frought with problems from a financial and cultural standpoint that it's almost rendered impossible, at least in a Western culture. Honestly, you'd probably make a hell of a lot more money opening a restaurant, or coffee shop. Personally, I wouldn't mind owning one of those myself, if I had the time to do so. :)[0]

[0] I watch John Taffer in Bar Rescue regularly, so I know everything I need to know... ... ... ... BWAHAHAHAHAHAAAA, yeah, right. :lol:

FlashGordoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: On planet Mongo, being molested by Izzy, Yuuko & Aimi and Natasha, Zina & Julia .-)

Post by FlashGordoll »

Sorry if I'm repeating something here but I don't think anyones mentioned the media. Guaranteed the media would pick up on such a unique business (if it ever happened) and as we can all guess what the outcome would be. :whistle: The business would most likely be plagued with all kinds of 'haters' wanting to destroy your business by whatever means possible and for whatever reason they have to be 'haters'. :(
In a country like Japan it works but in the western world its most unlikely to work.
She aint heavy, she's just rubber

Click the relevant thumbnail photos below to view the separate galleries for:
Mechadoll = Izzy/Silicone-Art = Yuuko & Aimi/ Anatomical doll B4 = Natasha, Zina & Julia

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

jm6o8u
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by jm6o8u »

deadpringle wrote:
We went to the Moon!
Then came the train.
Your comparison is flawed. You're comparing achievements with business planning. Two completely different things.

Is a doll brothel achievable? Absolutely it is. Is it a viable business model. No.

Pet rock, hula hoop, Frisbee, slinky, I could go on.
I bet all of them heard what a stupid idea they had.
They're laughing all the way to the bank.
Never known.

Achievement is always done for power or wealth nature of the beast.
The business planners always come later.

rabodonsd

Post by rabodonsd »

Do people know of the ones in Japan? Im contemplating a purchase but if there are some reputable ones in Japan I may take a look the next time.

Though I guess I should ask if they have showrooms first shouldn't I?

camadoll
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by camadoll »

Okay, here's my input on the matter. I'm a newbie who just got his doll yesterday. As far as I can tell, ANY sort of rough housing with my doll will lead to damage immediately. She is fragile, like a delicate flower. It took time and effort for me to move her into basic positions. I don't know about the rest of you, but my experience with prostitutes seemed...not very gentle. An inexperienced user who is paying at an hourly rate, will not use their time to carefully reposition the doll. Someone who had no personal or financial ties to the doll will not treat it with the care it requires. Now if a novice like me spent $200 for an hour with a doll that requires me to slowly use up alot of my time just moving it around, I'm going to try to get my moneys worth back in whatever way I can. Sorry if that sounded very barbaric. Part of the allure of a prostitute is that she can fulfill your fantasy by doing things to you. For a doll, you would have to do all of the work yourself. I've owned my doll for all but one day and I've arrived at the conclusion that this doll will never be a substitute for the real thing. Having said that, I would not pay no where near the asking price of the real thing. $50 per use seems more reasonable to me.

Until they make a doll that is durable to withstand vigorous abuse, I can't see how risking a $2000 to $5000 doll can be profitable.

jm6o8u
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by jm6o8u »

camadoll wrote:Okay, here's my input on the matter. I'm a newbie who just got his doll yesterday. As far as I can tell, ANY sort of rough housing with my doll will lead to damage immediately. She is fragile, like a delicate flower. It took time and effort for me to move her into basic positions. I don't know about the rest of you, but my experience with prostitutes seemed...not very gentle. An inexperienced user who is paying at an hourly rate, will not use their time to carefully reposition the doll. Someone who had no personal or financial ties to the doll will not treat it with the care it requires. Now if a novice like me spent $200 for an hour with a doll that requires me to slowly use up alot of my time just moving it around, I'm going to try to get my moneys worth back in whatever way I can. Sorry if that sounded very barbaric. Part of the allure of a prostitute is that she can fulfill your fantasy by doing things to you. For a doll, you would have to do all of the work yourself. I've owned my doll for all but one day and I've arrived at the conclusion that this doll will never be a substitute for the real thing. Having said that, I would not pay no where near the asking price of the real thing. $50 per use seems more reasonable to me.

Until they make a doll that is durable to withstand vigorous abuse, I can't see how risking a $2000 to $5000 doll can be profitable.

You are absolutely right.
Would you not like a doll that could stand up to such abuse.
She would last a lot longer without as much maintenance.
How will we get the innovations?
If there were businesses that use such dolls prices would come down quality would go up.
Just a thought.

camadoll
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by camadoll »

Perhaps a different formula is required. The silicone used in cooking mitts? You sacrifice softness for durability. And I think the business plan is flawed. You shouldn't be targeting any regular john. I believe if you go with the approach to target niche groips of individuals with very specific needs, then you'll avoid some of the problems that have been discussed. For example, there are some guys who are intimidated by women. Seeking an encounter with a prostitute is something they might not have the nerve for. But a doll is an option for these people. Also, a doll can look stunning in comparison to your everyday hooker. Despite being inanimate, a highly stylized, dressed up doll can be more appealing to some people than an old, overweight prostitute.

I think the potential is there. I think it's a lot of work. And the technology isn't quite there yet.

One last thing you could simply operate a motel, and use this to supplement your income. For VIP guests? You'd already have their credit card info, and probably have them sign off on a contract about liability already anyways.

upsux
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by upsux »

Running it as a business ... in the West?

Say hello to multiple layers of taxes, heavy insurance liablilities, the Health Dept, your new right-wing friends if you're in the US, a VERY good attorney, did I mention the Health Dept? ... and this is all after you've found a suitably zoned building, set up utilities, purchased your day-day supplies, and THEN you have to invest in dolls.

The people willing to pay $50-100 for a hooker in the privacy of their own home/motel aren't going to spend more to bang out a used sex toy, even if it's new, on your property and on the promise that you've cleaned it from the last guy who just walked down the hallway.

This has nothing to do with physics, innovation, or market savvy - it's an impractical idea that's been brought up repeatedly in the last few weeks.

deadpringle
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by deadpringle »

jm6o8u wrote:
deadpringle wrote:
We went to the Moon!
Then came the train.

Pet rock, hula hoop, Frisbee, slinky, I could go on.
Again, your comparison is flawed. A proper comparison would be a business which rents pet rocks, or frisbees, or slinkies, or hula hoops for use. Those would be just as unviable.

KiayanDom

Post by KiayanDom »

"Somewhere a Queen is weeping. Somewhere a King has no wife"- Jimi Hendrix

FlashGordoll
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor
Location: On planet Mongo, being molested by Izzy, Yuuko & Aimi and Natasha, Zina & Julia .-)

Post by FlashGordoll »

An inside look/video at a doll brothel in Tokyo: (removed) 8O

Some important notes: The dolls are given a brand new vagina/insert for each customer and the customer is made to take a shower before using the doll.
Last edited by netwit on Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed link; Rule 1
She aint heavy, she's just rubber

Click the relevant thumbnail photos below to view the separate galleries for:
Mechadoll = Izzy/Silicone-Art = Yuuko & Aimi/ Anatomical doll B4 = Natasha, Zina & Julia

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

upsux
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by upsux »

If this pans out I'll be the first to admit that I stand corrected, it'll be interesting to see how this all unfolds. If it works I doubt we'll hear much about it, if it fails it'll probably be spectacular - a definite case of "no news is good news." :whistle:

LovesBlackWomen
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by LovesBlackWomen »

Dolls break easily.
I ruined my doll, just from it laying in bed.
It snagged on the covers, while moving the doll or covers, ripping it.
The customers may intend to take care of it, and accidentally ruin it. Think of how horrible they'll feel.
This would not be profitable.

Matjy Pilulgri
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by Matjy Pilulgri »

Spoof article.

I still stand by the idea that this is a viable business model and will even go a step further and
claim that not only is this a viable business model, but it's a booming business model that will reach more height than every restaurant opened during this decade would ever dream of.
Instead of having to compete with restaurants that are already applying automation and turning their staff into robots,
you'll be competing with the so-called oldest business model that is making money the same way it has done so for thousands of years.
No learning is required for this profession yet you pay astronomical figures for it's service costs.
But for whatever reason, people, even on this forum, are telling you that it can't be done and that this will remain the only non-automated profession forever.
And the reasons given here are so absurd that it's comical. Just one example:

"Hire security to deal with strange people"
Yeah, because I can only imagine that this is the type of costumers you'll be getting if you start one in Texas:
I would have paid for it the times I didn't have a girlfriend.
The reason I would prefer it over a prostitute is that I would have a place to sleep and can spend more time with than just an hour.
Also, I could see if doll X really is better than doll Y.

INFORMATIONS