Starpery.com

Victoria in the Mold

Got an idea? Need an invention?
mannequin man
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Re: Victoria in the Mold

Post by mannequin man »

Btw. guys & dolls, this is the back storage room of my house. ( supply room ) My Office /Studio is in the front of my house.. this is where i do all the smelly nasty stuff, take a shot of brother Jim, piddle, & do deals. ...some dirty, some done dirt cheap !

mannequin man
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by mannequin man »

Well, here is the finished Master Molds for Victoria. they came out perfect all but a few little flaws on the butt. Noooooooooo !!! no sweat, just a little touch up, re-do the back half. I know what i did wrong, & now i know how to avoid it next time. i will go ahead and cast a few "test Torsos" with the bad spots on her behind, and sale a few like that just to get her out there. i will probably stick those "Test" pieces on Craigslist. robbyd, PM me if your interested in having one. if you look close, you can see where the mold slipped out of its keys, cured with a few ripples in her cheeks. i am going back into this mold, cast a "All Wax" Torso, then smooth out those ripples with MonsterClay. this is a oil / wax base clay, so repairs will be pretty easy. then i will open the mold back up, remove the back half of the mold, smooth out the bumps, ripples, on the wax version, then just re-build the back half of the mold. ....oh well, like i said, she came out damn near perfect. this should take me about a week to repair, re-mold. like i said, im making a few test pieces, with these imperfections. if anybody wants one, just PM me & just cover shipping. out of Muncie, IN. 47302.

MM
Attachments
ddd 005.jpg
ddd 005.jpg (2.34 MiB) Viewed 3681 times
ddd 007.jpg
ddd 007.jpg (2.24 MiB) Viewed 3681 times
ddd 006.jpg
ddd 006.jpg (2.02 MiB) Viewed 3681 times
ddd 004.jpg
ddd 004.jpg (2.06 MiB) Viewed 3681 times

4biddenartist
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by 4biddenartist »

Very good work! Professional grade. I love sculpting and what a project, I too would love to have the studio space to create my dream girl. What kind of rubber did you use for the master mold? I think working on a piece of art that causes such turmoil in our hearts and makes life so complicated would be a great way to deal with the stresses of life, I would probably spend far too much time on the clay process but the rewards after completion will justify the means. Hats off to you.
I think therefore,
I try not to.
-me

mannequin man
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by mannequin man »

4biddenartist wrote:Very good work! Professional grade. I love sculpting and what a project, I too would love to have the studio space to create my dream girl. What kind of rubber did you use for the master mold? I think working on a piece of art that causes such turmoil in our hearts and makes life so complicated would be a great way to deal with the stresses of life, I would probably spend far too much time on the clay process but the rewards after completion will justify the means. Hats off to you.
Thank You ! the Inner Blue stuff you see is a Smurf Road Kill.....just kidding, no actually that is a Urethane Rubber called TrueCast 70 from a company called INDUSTRIAL POLYMERS out of Huston, TX. the outer shell, mother mold is hand laid fiberglass. both pieces together empty weigh around 20lbs ? very, very sturdy mold. cost was around $350-$400 for all the materials. yes, this has been a work of almost 2yrs. or so. thank you for following ! MM

mannequin man
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by mannequin man »

playin around, ran a test piece in fiberglass......Golden Victoria !...HOT !
Attachments
003.jpg
003.jpg (2.32 MiB) Viewed 3610 times
004.jpg
004.jpg (2.06 MiB) Viewed 3610 times
006.jpg
006.jpg (1.83 MiB) Viewed 3610 times
007.jpg
007.jpg (1.72 MiB) Viewed 3610 times

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

This is interesting. I am thinking of making a vinyl seperates doll for the states. It's amazing what you have been doing with her. Practice makes perfect.

Edited to add. What happened to her stomache? Stis is a really cool item. Good work.
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

hiddenagenda84
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by hiddenagenda84 »

you have the process mannequin man ever think of doing a mold , and doing a skinned foamy like candy8teen. There are video's of life casting in foam on you tube. if your interested? Honestly i think making the mold was the hard part of the process.

mannequin man
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by mannequin man »

[quote="samara78"]This is interesting. I am thinking of making a vinyl seperates doll for the states. It's amazing what you have been doing with her. Practice makes perfect.

Edited to add. What happened to her stomache? Stis is a really cool item. Good work.[/quote

Thank you Samara. yes, i sculpted the body kinda to resemble a athletic gal, but wanted to give her a little 'pooch' in the tummy area. i think its very sexy. I love thick thighs. thank you for your compliments

MM

mannequin man
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by mannequin man »

hiddenagenda84 wrote:you have the process mannequin man ever think of doing a mold , and doing a skinned foamy like candy8teen. There are video's of life casting in foam on you tube. if your interested? Honestly i think making the mold was the hard part of the process.
Yes, making the Mold was the hardest to do, but the Mold Wall, (separation wall) was probably the most intense other than the sculpt itself. i took my time with making the seam line as straight as humanly possible. i spared no efforts to perfect the mold line. i discovered a little trick with a 8" razor blade to draw through the clay wall, basically making a perfect, straight line. thank you for your kind words !
MM

mannequin man
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by mannequin man »

UPDATE as of 6 / 7 / 2015, Project Victoria is now prepped & ready for production. the Master Molds & Mother Molds are completely done & ready to cast our 1st Torso. Item# EPS0001. this Demo Torso will be sent to our product & performance tester "robbyd" for a very in depth testing & rigorous performance review. of witch im sure will get things stirring on TDF. all hail to all Big Ass Doll Lovers !

Introducing, "VICTORIA" from EPS.

Demo Model EPS0001 (pics coming soon. ...very soon !

MM

starion
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by starion »

So what would cost be to Illinois do you think for the test shipping. I'm curious
<------------- Callie Starr formerly Sundown Starshine ----my first RealDoll-----

mannequin man
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by mannequin man »

moving into producing the 1st Torso, I built a rig with a hand operated ROTO-CASTING rod that will bolt to this solid fiberglass attachment that i molded into the back supports. having this solid support should be strong enough to hold quite a bit of weight. the 1st thing im doing with this attachment is making a wax version of Victoria so i can go back & smooth out the ripples on her rear. using the monster clay over the wax, smooth it all over, re-mold.

a few pics of the Roto-Cast attachment
Attachments
kk 003.jpg
kk 003.jpg (2.44 MiB) Viewed 3448 times
kk 004.jpg
kk 004.jpg (2.17 MiB) Viewed 3448 times
kk 005.jpg
kk 005.jpg (2.24 MiB) Viewed 3448 times

Condor73
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Condor73 »

Amazing work, well done.

mannequin man
~ Member ~
~ Member ~

Post by mannequin man »

Condor73 wrote:Amazing work, well done.
thank you. actually have a head/face Siicone test piece curing tonight. should be ready to pull by morning ? i have a set of Tech-Optic eyes waiting for her face. anxious to see how they look.
MM

Condor73
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Condor73 »

I am waiting to see how that looks!

INFORMATIONS