Starpery.com

Doll Storage

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Saviour_Self
Basic Poster
Basic Poster

Doll Storage

Post by Saviour_Self »

I'm a woodworker, and have a lot of experience building cabinets and furniture. I was recently coming up with ideas on how to conceal my doll when I thought... why not hide it in plain sight? I know the concept isn't original, but I wasn't sure where to post this. Would there be any interest in the doll community for such custom items?

Ideas for storage include a very simple box design that could fit under a bed and includes glides either length/width wise. The next step up would be an entire bed frame with normal functioning drawers on the side, and a hidden drawer that runs length wise at the foot of the bed.

I've also considered trunks or chests with false toe kicks that conceal more space (would only be 4 inches) that to an unobservant viewer would appear totally normal.

There's also the option of standing it up or hanging inside of a closet or pantry style cabinet.

And ideas or suggestions? I searched "storage" on the forum and didn't find anything related. This idea just came to me, and I thought I'd share it before I took the easy route and just stuck with my current hiding spot.

gogodolls
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: Doll Storage

Post by gogodolls »

Discreet storage is a topic that comes up regularly on the TDF. Especially for those who live in a small apartment or with roommates! :smilecolros: But the solutions are limited! :?

Personally, I don't have these constraints, but before the pandemic, I was regularly hosting family and friends who in some cases, have children.

So, when I renovated my basement staircase a few years ago, I made a hidden door behind a shelf! I could put 4 or even 5 dolls and accessories in there. :whistle:

But this compartment is now useless because I now have 16 dolls! :mrgreen: I have a whole room dedicated to my dolls :D that I lock when relatives or friends come to visit me... especially those with children! :wink:
Cheers! :glou:
Hidden Storage.JPG
Hidden Storage.JPG (49.25 KiB) Viewed 404 times
Don't Worry, Be Happy!

My Scrapbook: viewtopic.php?t=165313
Breast Surgery: viewtopic.php?t=161581

somewhereincanada

Re: Doll Storage

Post by somewhereincanada »

We got a flip up bed. This bed is perfect! We left the floor out. Fits 2 dolls
This works great
This works great