Starpery.com

Full oral head WIP

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Swan
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll
Asst. Manager - CoverDoll

Re: Full oral head WIP

Post by Swan »

can't believe I've never seen this thread before .... incredible! ... I'll will follow

pianokeyjoe2009

Post by pianokeyjoe2009 »

I noticed the last pics are a replica of the Real doll oral insert? Is it more economical to sculpt and form and then cast your own or would buying an insert from Abyss be quicker and better at a pinch? I am assembling my own heads from various already made parts since I am not an artist like you! I can tell you like the details too so I will check this thread to see where it goes too.

RoadRoller

Post by RoadRoller »

Congratulations for youer work! The face looks really well done, she's very cute. I also dig the Alien sculpt. :P
- DollAutomation.com -
A NSFW collection of seemingly living dolls, figures, sexbots and things.

sture
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by sture »

This is interesting! You´re a great artist.

Click to go to my Doll Album

I find greater companionship in inert figures, animals & speechless artifacts, for I can enjoy their presence & there is no psychic drain”
― Anton Szandor LaVey

jlover
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by jlover »

Netwit wrote:Cool; I didn't know you were working on a "Ripley" oral head.
Syfy and BJ fans will love it!! (until their wieners gets bitten off 8O)

This made me Lol.

Anyways.. You have great skills OP. Can't wait to see more updates on your work.

pageophile

Post by pageophile »

Damn, very impressive so far. Good luck and please keep us posted :)
"My name is Ash and I am a slave. Close as I can figure, the year is thirteen hundred A.D and I'm being dragged to my death. It wasn't always like this, I had a real life, once. A job."

Mr_E

Post by Mr_E »

Greetings,
Newbie here.(only 1 other post...so far lol)
This thread happens to stop back in 2014... The whole things is riveting.
Are there any updates this year??
Would love to know.
Peace!

stapafurdio
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by stapafurdio »

Hey just a small update.

Running low on money and without a decent working space, I had to halt the full project (sculpting and building from scratch). I decided to experiment on my Novelleco head instead. I tore it apart, removed the original insert including the lips. Next I sculpted a new mouth/lips over the remaining face with clay. Made a mold, re-assembled the head and poured some platsil on it. This was the result (along with the original head):

I thought the platsil would stick to the ecoflex (Novelleco's head was made with Ecoflex), but it didn't. So I had to use regular type-1 silicone to glue them together (this works extremely well). I ran into a series of other problems (some areas were too thin, the head got much heavier, leaking inside) so I had to tore it apart once more to fix all of that. At a point it looked like there was no way to save it anymore, but I did fix her. She looks like this now:

Here's a censored picture of her in action - notice there's no deformation in the upper lip

The eyes were an after thought and they work just fine. The hands are silicone copies of a 3D scanned model, but I'll create a different topic for them later.

In terms of performance, it feels like the best head I got from a real woman (I've paid for the BJs of 100+ different women in the past). There's still room for improvement and I'll try more things on a TPE chinese head next. They have some awesome sculpts and it's a shame the oral function is so bad. I'll try to take pictures next time and provide a step-by-step tutorial when I'm done (but keep in mind that I don't own a full doll, just the head, so probably it won't be able to attach to the body anymore).
Attachments
DSCN0911.JPG
DSCN0911.JPG (109.62 KiB) Viewed 1595 times
vlcsnap-2018-07-31-00h14m47s783_LI.jpg
vlcsnap-2018-07-31-00h14m47s783_LI.jpg (123.25 KiB) Viewed 1595 times
20180717_024226.jpg
20180717_024226.jpg (188.72 KiB) Viewed 1595 times
20170326_002953.jpg
20170326_002953.jpg (137.36 KiB) Viewed 1595 times
20170326_003148.jpg
20170326_003148.jpg (297.62 KiB) Viewed 1595 times

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

WOW! Long time no see. I forgot all about this thread. :lol:
Thanks for the update. Glad the mod worked out so well. :thumbs_up:

RE: Ecoflex & Platsil-00 rejection.

Ecoflex is a Smooth-on branded item. Smooth-on gets their stuff from Reynolds Advanced Materials.
Where did you get the Platsil-OO?

Thanks for this info. I would have thought all Platsil would work together as well.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

stapafurdio
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by stapafurdio »

rubherkitty wrote:WOW! Long time no see. I forgot all about this thread. :lol:
Thanks for the update. Glad the mod worked out so well. :thumbs_up:

RE: Ecoflex & Platsil-00 rejection.

Ecoflex is a Smooth-on branded item. Smooth-on gets their stuff from Reynolds Advanced Materials.
Where did you get the Platsil-OO?

Thanks for this info. I would have thought all Platsil would work together as well.
I think the culprit is the thinner I've been using (100% silicone oil). I just remembered that before I worked on this head, I tried to make a fleshlight insert with a softer tongue - the insert was a 40platsil/60oil ratio, and the tongue was a 30/70 ratio, poured right after. After a while, the tongue eventually separated from the rest of the insert. Probably too much thinner/oil. The insert lasted for a whole year before I retired it, more than any Fleshlight or other TPE inserts I had before.

The formula is the best, though. I was able to go 20/80 without tearing, tough stuff. I'm going to buy some ecoflex next time to see if it works with silicone oil as well. Probably too much thinner anyway, but that's how I was able to find the perfect softness.

When I first bought the platsil, I also bought some Smith's Theatrical Prosthetic Deadener. I ended up with a disgusting goo stuck inside a mold that wouldn't cure, so maybe it's the platsil. But it does work with silicone oil, so I don't know.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Yeah, someone on here was telling me to add silicone oil to Plat Sil, but I never saw ANY recommendation on the net to use it. He said use it to save $ and make the silicone softer.
I made a insert using Ecoflex 10 w/ recommended Slacker and it worked fine and was softer. Not as soft as TPE of course.
I've had the insert for 2 yrs and it is fine. The Slacker saved no cost though over the silicone as it is quite expensive too.

Brick in the Yard has a Plat Sil Gel-00 that looks very soft as is. It's not a "Gel" like Smooth-on type where it has to be encapsulated in a firmer silicone casting. Unfortunately, the BITY Gel-00 is $45.00 for a kit whereas the Ecoflex is $32.00.

Here is a link to the Gel-00: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ibfMcL90Gs
They pull the hand casting and work with it at 07:05
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

mandrewanley
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mandrewanley »

Wow thanks for the video rubherkitty this explains more about casting for when I try some projects

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Brick in the Yard has a ton of how to vids.
You can also find a bunch of Youtube sites that deal with Halloween prop heads, movie animatronic heads, etc where they do sculpting, molding, painting, etc.

matt gloss
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by matt gloss »

Hi, amazing work and if in time and practice I can get near to your skill level I will be V happy.
This is my second go at sculpting and is not yet finished,the first one I used air dry clay and I my skills were not good enough.This stuff stays soft(super sculpey).
Looking forward to learning this stuff and thanks for posting your skills.
IMG_0379.JPG
IMG_0379.JPG (1.7 MiB) Viewed 1531 times
Matt

RoadRoller

Post by RoadRoller »

Wow, awesome pics, I believe they turned out absolutely great. Hope you manage to move forward sooner or later!
- DollAutomation.com -
A NSFW collection of seemingly living dolls, figures, sexbots and things.

INFORMATIONS