Starpery.com

My Afinia 3d printer has arrived!

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Erena Ichinose

Re: My Afinia 3d printer has arrived!

Post by Erena Ichinose »

Hi Mannequinfan

I'd really like to have easy orientable eyes for my WM-Doll Erena

I sent you a private message last week maybe you did not see it ?

thank you
"One day she'll have secrets. One day she'll have dreams." 我愛你 ma poupée

Erena's official website : http://www.ma-poupee.com/

Goldfinger

Post by Goldfinger »

Nice 3D printers and workspace...You should check out Naomi 'SexyCyborg' Wu 's workshop someday!

2823-naomi-wu-bikini-3d.jpg
2823-naomi-wu-bikini-3d.jpg (96.15 KiB) Viewed 2273 times
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axE-AUIrtLs

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Thanks Goldfinger!
Yes Naomi is kind of cute - she's really pushing the limit on YouTube with those outfits!
Erena Ichinose wrote:Hi Mannequinfan

I'd really like to have easy orientable eyes for my WM-Doll Erena

I sent you a private message last week maybe you did not see it ?

thank you
Sorry for the communications blackout lately Erena. I'll be getting back to you here soon.
I've had to spend most of the week working with my new printer. I've had a few issues that I've been trying to work out so I can get this thing in production.
Had to design a new spool holder so I can use all the different filaments that I have with this machine.
It seems every filament maker has to have their own spool design. :roll:
Turned out to be a bit of a project, but I finally got it worked out...
Attachments
IMG_4465.JPG
IMG_4465.JPG (488.31 KiB) Viewed 2265 times
IMG_4464.JPG
IMG_4464.JPG (465.48 KiB) Viewed 2265 times

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

YIPPIE! I can print two head stand necks at once now!
Thought this looked pretty cool with the LED lights so I had to take a photo... :D
Attachments
IMG_4469.JPG
IMG_4469.JPG (732.98 KiB) Viewed 2254 times

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Playing around some more with MB Lab today for a little diversion.
Still trying to find my dream body for Abby2... :)
new MBL body.jpg
new MBL body.jpg (1017.97 KiB) Viewed 1944 times
The default female face is very pretty and the body details are really quite nice for being a free program.
Sadly, Manuel Bastioni decided to end the Lab project and close his site due to lack of funding. :(

For those still interested in MB Lab, some community members have picked it up where he left off and the newest version for Blender 2.80 is available here: https://github.com/animate1978/MB-Lab/r ... /tag/1.7.3

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks for da update.
I too saw that MB Labs had folded. Glad someone carried it forward.
I was recently doing some searches for the latest creator programs and ABS printers.
Have you done any printer research lately to know what's available for around a grand?
I saw some nice ones for $2-3K, but can't do that.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

rubherkitty wrote: Have you done any printer research lately to know what's available for around a grand?
I saw some nice ones for $2-3K, but can't do that.
RK, just save up a little longer ($1500) and get one like mine... :wink:
https://www.amazon.com/Tiertime-Resolut ... B01MAYMBUH

The UP printers have been designed for ABS from the beginning and they are practically plug & play.
Been getting flawless prints from my Box+ for over a year now.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks
Yeah, I'd rather save and buy better than settle for less. Print size is everything for doll building.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Maiz
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Maiz »

rubherkitty wrote:Thanks
Yeah, I'd rather save and buy better than settle for less. Print size is everything for doll building.
What large abs printers do you have in mind? One of the larger printers I'm thinking of buying is the creality 10s. It's one of the largest printers for good price, but I want to print abs. If I do, then ill need to build an enclosure to keep it heated. Also I would probably need to make some modifications to steady the printer.

If I got the large printer however, then the benefit would be less parts to make in 3d and less parts to assemble after printing.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Maiz wrote:
rubherkitty wrote:Thanks
What large abs printers do you have in mind? One of the larger printers I'm thinking of buying is the creality 10s. It's one of the largest printers for good price, but I want to print abs. If I do, then ill need to build an enclosure to keep it heated. Also I would probably need to make some modifications to steady the printer.

If I got the large printer however, then the benefit would be less parts to make in 3d and less parts to assemble after printing.
I don't recall what printers I was checking out. They were beyond my price range so I didn't take notes. I think I just did a Youtube entry like: Best ABS printer for 2018 and watched some comparison vids.

Maiz
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Maiz »

Thanks, I've been looking around and learning about 3d printers. I still dont know what I'd get for buying a printer thats $700 vs $3000. I dont need very detailed prints and probably wont print anything not pertaining to dolls.

The difficulty is in printing abs on a cheaper printer but I dont absolutely need abs and might just use pla anyway. The cheapness and size of the creality printer certainly hooked me in and I dont see another printer competing with it.

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Hi Maiz,

Here's a post from a member using a CR10...
viewtopic.php?p=1315283#p1315283

I'm getting the feeling I'm wasting my time recommending the printer I have, but you can still get one for $1500.
https://www.amazon.com/Tiertime-Resolut ... B01MAYMBUH

These are fully enclosed, 8" x 10" x 8" print volume, and print ABS like a champ right out of the box.
They also now have separate extruders that can be swapped out for printing other materials like PLA and TPU.
Remember you get what you pay for. With a $700 open source printer like the CR10 you're going to have to do a lot of tinkering to get good results.
You will definitely need an enclosure and a full metal hot end to print ABS which will add to that cost.

For a little more $, Tiertime now has the UP300 which has some added features over the Box+.
For one, the double sided print surface sounds pretty cool - glass on one side and perf board on the other.
https://www.tiertime.com/up300/
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?N ... av-Search=

MannequinFan
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by MannequinFan »

Here's something that's on my back burner (if I ever get time)...
5 foot BJD.jpg
5 foot BJD.jpg (474.17 KiB) Viewed 1845 times
I took the MBL model that I posted earlier and stretched it vertically 125% to get a long lean looking figure, then scaled it down evenly to 60" tall. It works perfectly with 5" steel hemis for the hips.
This is all perfectly doable on my Box+ printer.

To get a 49" model the body can be simply scaled to 80% and use 4" steel hemis like my original Abby design.
So two designs in one! :)

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

She would be a cool project. Hope you find the time. :thumbs_up:

ChikkinNoodul
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by ChikkinNoodul »

I have recently obtained a Prusa i3 Mk3, and of course I will try to make some doll mods of my own. I'm not sure yet which 3D modelling software I will use. Probably something like FreeCAD or Blender.
Acomocliticism - interesting word indeed.
http://acomoclitic.blogspot.com/

My Album:
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/index.php?cat=10384

INFORMATIONS