Starpery.com

Anthropomorphic dolls?

Got an idea? Need an invention?
CF
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Anthropomorphic dolls?

Post by CF »

Would it be easier - and cheaper - to just add a Halloween mask to an existing doll?
Viva la megaboobs!
*My juicy Cherry: viewtopic.php?t=154759
*Z-cup Moira: viewtopic.php?t=138543
*BBW Breanna: viewtopic.php?t=143116
*Yulia: viewtopic.php?t=122950
*Tina viewtopic.php?t=121819
*Aurora Jolie: viewtopic.php?t=106838
*World-famous Una Carha: viewtopic.php?t=93292

CicadaSound80
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by CicadaSound80 »

I'd support but no one knows how to make a proper snake nor mantis...
I want to make monsters, don't you?

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

OK, I'll bite. What's a snake woman?
Something like this I suppose?
Attachments
doll snake woman 1.jpg
doll snake woman 1.jpg (38.81 KiB) Viewed 2104 times
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

rubherkitty wrote:OK, I'll bite. What's a snake woman?
Something like this I suppose?

Not bad, these are more sexy though...

ImageImage

and the human varient is also noteworthy...the flexibility is...considerable :lol: ImageImage

As for Mantis...I am assuming Guardians of the Galaxy style

and there is the Hasbro Doll

as I do not think ol mate means this one

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

TheDollCollector
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by TheDollCollector »

This was something I was currently looking into also. No MLP specifically, but I feel there is a market for custom doll designs just as there is for other things. I use to make custom fursuits for people who wanted something unique to express their inner animal and bring it out. I am learning to make my own dolls as a hobby currently and want mine to be ground breaking and unique. I can make costumes for them but I have been working on sculpting techniques and learning from people who make monster masks and such. I know only recently I've seen elves and vampire dolls hitting the market but that's just a eye, ears and teeth modification. Something so minor but it could make a huge difference to the buyer. I have also seen people tinting and painting dolls to make Avatar looking dolls, but I'm sure there are many people who would like to have dolls that are less traditional. I myself make due with custom cosplay outfits.. skin tight fursuit with add on claws and ears.. but to have one that is made to be that way I want would be more ideal. Maybe after I finish some dolls I am truly happy with I'll consider commissions one day in the future. In the mean time I don't know where you can find anything that custom yet, but you aren't the only one that I know who would want a pinkie pie or some kind of mlp doll. I personally would think you might be able to find a company who would dye the silicon human doll party pink and airbrush the cutie mark on but I understand that 3d design you posted is pretty amazing and would be better. I wish you luck on your search!
Current Lineup
Gynoid Elina Model 12 155cm (2021)
EXdoll Utopia Chiyou Fawn & Utopia Rainbow 145cm minus (2024)

Looking For
Tayu 148 D+

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Welcome to TDF TheDollCollector! :glou:

You should maybe start a new thread and show us some of your work if you would care to.
There are many Furry lovers here too!
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

rubherkitty wrote:Welcome to TDF TheDollCollector! :glou:

You should maybe start a new thread and show us some of your work if you would care to.
There are many Furry lovers here too!
Plus one from me as well, fantasy and innovation in custom dolls...I am all for that!

..and have you seen the Big red Horny Beer drinking Machine 8O
IMG_0843.JPG
IMG_0843.JPG (468.21 KiB) Viewed 2060 times
IMG_0837 (2).JPG
IMG_0837 (2).JPG (280.2 KiB) Viewed 2060 times
She is very custom.

Anung

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

DollFan789

Post by DollFan789 »

Is putting a fursuit on a doll a bad idea? Because a Bagi doll would be.... arousing. I know about custom plushes, but I like the look of fursuits better.
Attachments
Bagi_fan_art_by_simonesan-d3fhvoy.jpg
Bagi_fan_art_by_simonesan-d3fhvoy.jpg (144.94 KiB) Viewed 1980 times

Dyolf

Post by Dyolf »

There's been a few questions about fursuits before, but a lot of times it comes down to: How do you go about making the suit fit to the doll? Too loose here, too tight there, it bunches up weirdly when you bend the joints... In the end, it ends up looking like a doll wearing a fursuit rather than the fursuit being part of the doll.
"There is no spoon."

"...Makes it really hard to eat cereal."

DollFan789

Post by DollFan789 »

Dyolf wrote:There's been a few questions about fursuits before, but a lot of times it comes down to: How do you go about making the suit fit to the doll? Too loose here, too tight there, it bunches up weirdly when you bend the joints... In the end, it ends up looking like a doll wearing a fursuit rather than the fursuit being part of the doll.
I hope someone figures out how to make a fursuit doll, but considering how expensive a mistake would be I will keep dreaming.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Maybe you could put a fur suit on a cloth doll. Make sure the suit is very tight on the doll or actually glue the suit to the doll if you wish or are able too.

BuilderOfCastles

Post by BuilderOfCastles »

If making a cloth doll, you just use the furry cloth instead of plain cloth. It stuffs just the same.
A fur suit and a cloth doll are almost exactly the same when it comes to the sewing part.

DollFan789

Post by DollFan789 »

rubherkitty wrote:Maybe you could put a fur suit on a cloth doll. Make sure the suit is very tight on the doll or actually glue the suit to the doll if you wish or are able too.
That is a great idea. I might try that with cheaper fabric and such before doing something potentially expensive with this. Anyone else who may get to this before me, post it for science.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

BuilderOfCastles wrote:If making a cloth doll, you just use the furry cloth instead of plain cloth. It stuffs just the same.
A fur suit and a cloth doll are almost exactly the same when it comes to the sewing part.
I was just thinking a home built stuffed doll might be finished in several layers of cloth to make the surface smooth. And if you buy a cloth doll, it will already have a cloth skin.
I have discovered that the common cloth dolls are not really stuffed. They have a molded foam core that gives the doll it's great shape. If you just take a spandex catsuit and start stuffing polyfill it's probably going to end up looking like a beach ball with 2 feet and 2 hands.
One member here stuffed a latex doll, but he had to encapsulate the polyfill in several layers of stockings for each section of body so he could control the shape and how firm specific areas were.

DollFan789

Post by DollFan789 »

rubherkitty wrote:
BuilderOfCastles wrote:If making a cloth doll, you just use the furry cloth instead of plain cloth. It stuffs just the same.
I was just thinking a home built stuffed doll might be finished in several layers of cloth to make the surface smooth. And if you buy a cloth doll, it will already have a cloth skin.
I have discovered that the common cloth dolls are not really stuffed. They have a molded foam core that gives the doll it's great shape. If you just take a spandex catsuit and start stuffing polyfill it's probably going to end up looking like a beach ball with 2 feet and 2 hands.
One member here stuffed a latex doll, but he had to encapsulate the polyfill in several layers of stockings for each section of body so he could control the shape and how firm specific areas were.
Now I am getting ideas. 8) I think the inventor faq should be updated or an updated thread similar to it made since a lot of these little details I don't think about right away. I could see that technique you mentioned used in silicone dolls with heat bonding or for cloth dolls, sewing shaped pillows and stuffing them just right.

INFORMATIONS