Starpery.com

Anyone interested in Manufacturing TPE dolls locally? (US)

Got an idea? Need an invention?
SN162A085T
Active Poster
Active Poster

Anyone interested in Manufacturing TPE dolls locally? (US)

Post by SN162A085T »

I know a ton about the process even own my own molds over at WM. Quite frankly I'm a little tired of making everybody else money. Even worse, in the last six years I've only seen three improvements to the frame design and no drops in reseller pricing... Seriously troublesome. I'm in Austin TX but willing to travel for the right partner. Hit me up, let's do this!
Doll Enthusiast, Creator, Distrupter Since 2013. - Meet Eve:

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Re: Anyone interested in Manufacturing TPE dolls locally? (U

Post by Slew »

Welcome to the forum SN162A085T.
SN162A085T wrote:I know a ton about the process even own my own molds over at WM. Quite frankly I'm a little tired of making everybody else money.
Pardon, but that sounds awfully strange. You own molds at the WM facility? Could you elaborate?

SN162A085T
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SN162A085T »

Slew wrote:Welcome to the forum SN162A085T.
SN162A085T wrote:I know a ton about the process even own my own molds over at WM. Quite frankly I'm a little tired of making everybody else money.
Pardon, but that sounds awfully strange. You own molds at the WM facility? Could you elaborate?
What do you mean strange? I own 2 doll companies, one has 3 custom designs. When you create a doll in an overseas factory like WanMei, you "own" the mold and full control over their use but they are not allowed to leave the factory. So if you want to produce your dolls elsewhere you are s-o-l. Does that answer your questuon?

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

SN162A085T wrote: What do you mean strange? I own 2 doll companies, one has 3 custom designs. When you create a doll in an overseas factory like WanMei, you "own" the mold and full control over their use but they are not allowed to leave the factory. So if you want to produce your dolls elsewhere you are s-o-l. Does that answer your questuon?
I mean strange like, usually newbies don't just join up at TDF saying such things. Perhaps if you had mentioned you own doll companies, I might not have found it strange at all. Context makes all the difference.

SN162A085T
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by SN162A085T »

Slew wrote:
SN162A085T wrote: What do you mean strange? I own 2 doll companies, one has 3 custom designs. When you create a doll in an overseas factory like WanMei, you "own" the mold and full control over their use but they are not allowed to leave the factory. So if you want to produce your dolls elsewhere you are s-o-l. Does that answer your questuon?
I mean strange like, usually newbies don't just join up at TDF saying such things. Perhaps if you had mentioned you own doll companies, I might not have found it strange at all. Context makes all the difference.
My apologies, I'm only new as in returning to the forum after some down time. My previous account went dormant and apparently that causes it to be removed.

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Funny, I just posted about this not long ago. I for one would be very excited about a US based manufacturer and yes, I have capital.
Why don't we talk privately about you, your credentials, a formal business plan and what kind of seed money you think you might need.
I'm interested.
D
PS-And no, I'm not a knob. I own three dolls, have owned a grand total of 5 and actually bought the very first Mecha Doll back in the early 2000's (2006 I believe it was).

manco

Post by manco »

I'm an inventor who has been working on doll ideas for 30 years. Never went into business because the molds and chemicals is not my forté -I only enjoy the R & D side.

Wouldn't it be wiser to open a plant in Asia?

-On a side note, I believe I've found the answer to C & C a doll directly out of foam rubber -which would then be sprayed with a TPE or silicon skin. Would be ultra light, and one could even do a BBW with huge booty and breasts -and still have it super light to move about during sex. Wouldn't even need molds then since one only need the 3D model to carve out as many as one wants.

For the mold way tho', I think having hollow boxes in her ab, chest, and arms and legs is essential to halve the weight to steal the market.

I'd be interested to see pictures of your molds to see how far you've gone with this.

nsfwfor

Post by nsfwfor »

SN162A085T wrote:I know a ton about the process even own my own molds over at WM. Quite frankly I'm a little tired of making everybody else money. Even worse, in the last six years I've only seen three improvements to the frame design and no drops in reseller pricing... Seriously troublesome. I'm in Austin TX but willing to travel for the right partner. Hit me up, let's do this!
Can you give your honest opinion on this topic here:
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 4&t=116144

Our opinion is that there is a largely untapped market for BBW dolls. By BBW we mean a real BBW, as in huge tits, huge ass and big belly, not just the first two. The first to market with a real BBW doll instead of just "thick" dolls that claim BBW, will make a huge splash.

My question is, is there no motivation by manufacturers to make such a doll because they don't think the market exists or that such a doll would be unmarketable due to weight?

Hershey lee
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Hershey lee »

nsfwfor wrote:
SN162A085T wrote:I know a ton about the process even own my own molds over at WM. Quite frankly I'm a little tired of making everybody else money. Even worse, in the last six years I've only seen three improvements to the frame design and no drops in reseller pricing... Seriously troublesome. I'm in Austin TX but willing to travel for the right partner. Hit me up, let's do this!
Can you give your honest opinion on this topic here:
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 4&t=116144

Our opinion is that there is a largely untapped market for BBW dolls. By BBW we mean a real BBW, as in huge tits, huge ass and big belly, not just the first two. The first to market with a real BBW doll instead of just "thick" dolls that claim BBW, will make a huge splash.

My question is, is there no motivation by manufacturers to make such a doll because they don't think the market exists or that such a doll would be unmarketable due to weight?
Yes i too would like to see manufacturers more involved with a real bbw doll design & not just a slightly bigger doll thats krazy heavy,im an artist & i made that torso doll thats linked somewhere in that same thread,im currently trying to sculpt my own spinner doll just to see if i can possibly get something going,any tips would be great like what kinda materials can i get from amazon etc

Thirsha42
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Thirsha42 »

I am brand new to the doll forum and I am in the process of buying my first doll right now but I spent the day diving head long into this rabbit hole. I read several users post that they would like to see the ribs of their dolls but when I look at the skeletons there is nothing resembling ribs so I surmise that effect is achieved when the silicone is poured into the mold. I spent a few hours coming up with methods of actually making a skeleton using PVC or Plastic bones to more accurately reflect the rib cage. I also thought about how one could reduce the weight and it seems to me that there is a prime opportunity to fill a rib cage with a sort of thick walled balloon or probably several like the real human body. If we are concerned about the fragility of plastic and cracking the ribs we could go with steel tubing. There is steel thin and light enough to do the job at least a well as aluminum with the added benefit of being easily welded. More air filled "organs" could be used to fill the gut area. If we use the bellybutton to insert deflated "organs" and use a valve similar to a bicycle tube valve to inflate them we could pump them up to a desired PSI and then slip the tube inside of the cavity. I am currently struggling with ideas for the spine but I'm all for making a better doll. I was thinking of finding a woman to allow me to make a body cast of her to use as a template because I do not like the proportions of the dolls. The torsos are too short and the legs are too long. You can't kiss and have sex with them at the same time unless you bend over which limits the number of positions available. I have other ideas and once I get my first doll I plan to start experimenting with some of them. I also use fusion 360 so let me know if you need anything made in 3d.

Woodylongstraw
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Woodylongstraw »

I saw a skeleton/frame of a doll and it looked rather crude. I have been working with metals all my life. A frame could be made out of 6000 series aluminum, and be much lighter and strong. The joints would be a type of heim, or ball joints for flexibility. I would like to find out what a current frame weighs and what the weight of the TPE per cubic foot just to get an idea.

TheDollCollector
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by TheDollCollector »

I'm also a returning user. I was on here actively posting for over a year but I went off to work on my studies at university and didn't return until this summer to find my account gone. I am a sculpture, painter, fabricator and more. I have done custom fabrication of aluminum and sheet-metal as well as custom electrical system designs and fabrication for aerospace companies like NASA and GE. I have experience working with temperature and pressure systems. I have played around with custom designing of dolls as a hobby. I want to create unique designs and have some extremely interesting thought on a business model. I am also fluent in 3D resin printing, Autocad, photoshop, and many other suites. I want to make unique dolls with advance features such as using force sensitive sensors in the hands, arms, legs, neck etc.. so that the doll can react to touches. I also believe that 3d printing can be utilized to create new custom features that no other doll company has done yet. If you're interested in partnering up we should talk. If not I'll keep doing this as a hobby until I find the right partner and I wish you luck either way on your venture.
Current Lineup
Gynoid Elina Model 12 155cm (2021)
EXdoll Utopia Chiyou Fawn & Utopia Rainbow 145cm minus (2024)

Looking For
Tayu 148 D+

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

TheDollCollector wrote:I'm also a returning user. I was on here actively posting for over a year but I went off to work on my studies at university and didn't return until this summer to find my account gone.
Welcome back. What was the username? I can try to help with your old account.

INFORMATIONS