Starpery.com

use and convert Animatronic Halloween Prop's

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Justforfun2

use and convert Animatronic Halloween Prop's

Post by Justforfun2 »

Has anyone thought to use and convert Animatronic Halloween Prop's, I can see how this might work with fabric dolls but not TPE or Silicone. Check these out right click on the link and open in tab then click on the video. (left side)

https://www.spirithalloween.com/product ... ilIndex=13

https://www.spirithalloween.com/product ... ilIndex=11

Click on product video (rightside)
https://www.halloweenexpress.com/rocking-moldy-mommy/

My favorite check it out and I am sure you will hear and see why.

ALL ELECTRIC NIGHT FRIGHT ZOMBIE GIRL ANIMATRONIC

https://www.hauntedprops.com/all-electr ... imatronic/

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Re: use and convert Animatronic Halloween Prop's

Post by rubherkitty »

Reagan's having the big O.
and if she spewed a little slime and spun her head around I'd know it was a good one! :lol:

I've thought about adapting, but you can buy all the parts and custom build your own to fit a fabric doll. Then you're only paying for what you need and will have a better system. I have links to a couple discussions if you want.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Justforfun2

Post by Justforfun2 »

rubherkitty wrote:Reagan's having the big O.
and if she spewed a little slime and spun her head around I'd know it was a good one! :lol:

I've thought about adapting, but you can buy all the parts and custom build your own to fit a fabric doll. Then you're only paying for what you need and will have a better system. I have links to a couple discussions if you want.
Yes, I am only talking about taking an idea or the mechanics from the prop and applying it to a doll, to add movement or something, like this one here for head
https://www.spirithalloween.com/product ... ilIndex=13

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

There are a lot of vids on Youtube that shows how different control boxes and servo mechanisms work. You can get much more elaborate than the Halloween store props.
With a quality control box you can record your own long play audio tract and have your dolls mouth move in sync along w/ several other functions.
And generally the servo's in these foam & cloth props are very light duty. You would probably need stronger parts in a stuffed doll you could have sex with.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Justforfun2

Post by Justforfun2 »

rubherkitty wrote:There are a lot of vids on Youtube that shows how different control boxes and servo mechanisms work. You can get much more elaborate than the Halloween store props.
With a quality control box you can record your own long play audio tract and have your dolls mouth move in sync along w/ several other functions.
And generally the servo's in these foam & cloth props are very light duty. You would probably need stronger parts in a stuffed doll you could have sex with.
Perhaps you are right, nevertheless, I would not want very strong motors to where an extension of a family member may be, if things go haywire. I would really hate to explain that one to the doctor "Well Doc, you see it was like this." :oops:

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Trying to graft something onto something else. Been there done that. Not always good.

First you need to find or design a doll to work with. Then you need to figure out what movement you want it to have. Then buy the proper parts for the task.
Best plan is to build the doll from ground up and incorporate the animatronics at the same time.

Justforfun2

Post by Justforfun2 »

Yes a cloth/foam doll with a new skeleton to where you can hook it up to an external control of some sort.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

I was thinking a doll w/a back zipper or 2 where you could access the controller, battery pack, etc.
There's no reason the doll would have to be tied to a cord. It really needs a removable skin suit anyway as you must figure on having to make eventual repairs.

Rick9191

Post by Rick9191 »

I'd look at RC products. Particularly those for large scale aircraft. There are also programmable receiver controllers such as the quad copters use in "return home modes" or to fly a certain "pattern".
They make models and controllers for models that are nearly as large as a full size Cessna. They aren't cheap though.
You could start a new business programming controllers with such modes as Fook Me Brains Out or Down the Hatch It Goes. Owner hits select on a controller after getting into position and sits back for the ride. LOL

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Those props also run $300.00 ++++. Chances are they are non adjustable.

You can buy better parts for probably under $70.00.
With a controller and servo's, you can adjust the speed and length of movement of each servo. Also when you want them to move. You can also add on high quality audio files, etc.

Here's is the 1st video of a 5 part series that helped me the most understand some of this.
He mainly does costume props, but all the hardware and principles are the same for animatronics inside a doll. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bg0JdKvwq0k

Simple motorized props. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDxZNeLr8nI

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

The Zombie girl prop above probably only has a single rotational motor in the back that tips her forward and back.
Here is an advanced prop done by a DIY prop guy. It has a 3-axis head w/a audio sync jaw.
Servo's in the shoulders, elbows and rib cage rotator. Ambient sound and voice audio.
Probably 9 servo's and some may have gear reduction sets to slow movement and offer more torque. Controller, MP3 audio, battery pack or plug in power source.
Material cost on something like this is probably around $6-700.00. To have one custom built would probably run several grand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hWy9PLFJNA

INFORMATIONS