Starpery.com

Mini computer in doll.

Got an idea? Need an invention?
RobotMale
Active Poster
Active Poster

Mini computer in doll.

Post by RobotMale »

Have thought of putting a mini computer with a SSD disc and fast Intel CPU in one of the dolls and using something like the RealDoll X software or other. Wonder if anybody have tried out something like that and what their experience is of the whole thing. Computer in the head or the back !?. Have lots of computer experience when building water cooled gaming computers in small scale. I know that the A.I. sale dolls have the same TPE skin but have some worries about the heat exhaust of this mini computer. Just a thought who i have wondering about for some time now and when i get something in that head its usually done in one way or another by the time. But dont want to destroy anything thats why i ask. :D

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: Mini computer in doll.

Post by Maviarab »

The RD software runs on Android (Apple to come). Windows version is not released. And even if it was, if it's in/at the same state as the app....just use any AIML based chatbot...be far better.

As for heat...It's not the doll I would worry about but your hardware ;)

RobotMale
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by RobotMale »

You gave me another idea with the heat and software problem ha ha ... :D Already own two Sonny Xperia XZ1 Compact with the rather fast SnapDragon CPU and 8GB Ram who would do the trick. Also easier to hide and when the RealDoll X by this moment only runs on Android thats solved and no heat problem in the same time. Hmm, this i have to think further on. Thank you really much for the reply.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Anytime at all. Want to bounce ideas off me feel free, have many years experience with chatbots etc and hoping to work on my own android (non cloud) based one later this year.

kay99b
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by kay99b »

It would be easier to just use a Raspberry Pi than to try and cram a mini itx somewhere.
pi-in-hand.jpg
pi-in-hand.jpg (445.16 KiB) Viewed 990 times
And as you mentioned, a smartphone would work great too. I really doubt this software is that processor intensive to require a water cooled multi core PC. I mean, you can run AI assistant software like Alexa with as little as a 1ghz cpu, and there is a hack to run Alexa on the Raspberry Pi

You can also put a chatbot on there. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJ8TcbyS9Q8

kklouzal

Post by kklouzal »

I was going to suggest using a Raspberry Pi. Placing it in the head is the most obvious/logical location, that way you could swap heads and they would each have their own personality :P

These things do generate heat though, some testing would have to be done. If the heat buildup was substantial enough you *could* water-cool the RPI and pipe the heat out into the neck bolt to try and distribute it down into the skeleton.

This thread has actually motivated me into creating a C++ AIML interpreter, thank you!

INFORMATIONS