Starpery.com

Animatronic doll head study A-Z. Electric servo type. No AI

Got an idea? Need an invention?
rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Re: Animatronic doll head study A-Z. Electric servo type. No

Post by rubherkitty »

I'll look into this stuff some.
I'm not crazy about synthetic voice unless I have a doll based on that > sexy alien, cyborg, etc.
Would be nice to have a prerecorded human voice that could respond to a voice command from me.

Matt could cut his cost and reduce the doll cost 25% if he moved from Kali to Idaho! :lol:
Don't really know the real figures. :wink:
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Maecer

Post by Maecer »

rubherkitty wrote:I'll look into this stuff some.
I'm not crazy about synthetic voice unless I have a doll based on that > sexy alien, cyborg, etc.
Would be nice to have a prerecorded human voice that could respond to a voice command from me.

Matt could cut his cost and reduce the doll cost 25% if he moved from Kali to Idaho! :lol:
Don't really know the real figures. :wink:
That's what I'm saying about the shield! I plan to get in touch with the manufacturer to see if there's a way to change the voice settings. If not, having prerecorded audio playing back a sexy voice would work too! You'd associate the sound file with your voice command. There's a lot of good information in the user manual for the MOVI shield
We are truly in an age of doll expansion. Sure it's the wild west, with each manufacturer trying to out do one another and society still poo-pooing dolls, but eventually, the age will mature, order will be found and one day we can bring out ladies anywhere.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks
I'm a nut, bolt and gear guy so a lot of this tech jargon is above my head. :lol:
I'm probably better off waiting for your conclusion than me trying to read and decipher French.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

Maecer

Post by Maecer »

I've reached out to Audeme. I have found auto tune boards/shields for audio output, so that could help ad some realism
We are truly in an age of doll expansion. Sure it's the wild west, with each manufacturer trying to out do one another and society still poo-pooing dolls, but eventually, the age will mature, order will be found and one day we can bring out ladies anywhere.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Thanks
I did watch some Youtube vids about MOVI. There were very few. Guess I'll just have to read up on it.

There is a vid showing another system that was supposed to be much faster and better speech recog than the MOVI/ Arduino. It's the Pocketsphinx/ RaspberryPI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TBNEb-y4eg

Even in his demo at the end, this system is rather slow. But as he indicated, he had loaded these systems up to max which slows their response time.

I wonder how many voice command responsive, individual audio tracks on a SD card these systems can handle. Personally, I have no interest in the synthesized voice and would only want to use human voice audio.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

Just found this Youtube guy. He just finished a 6 part tutorial on making animatronic eyes and blinking eyelids.
Pretty much a basic start to finish thing! :thumbs_up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8oh_uvJ9mG4&t=926s

He covers setting up the controller, making the eyes, doing the code work, etc.
He also shows a neat system of controlling the eyes and eyelids via a joystick and hand clapper device.
He uses these tools to move the animatronics in a record format VS tedious code writing to make the movements.

His eye assembly and controller tools are all 3D printed if you're so inclined or want to pay to have them printed.
I believe he offers the info on that. As mine will be for a doll head, I will have to make my own anyway.

INFORMATIONS