Starpery.com

Facial movements without AI. Blinking eyes & mouth movement

Got an idea? Need an invention?
rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Re: Facial movements without AI. Blinking eyes & mouth movem

Post by rubherkitty »

M44's are fun plinkers for sure!
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

moppet

Re: Facial movements without AI. Blinking eyes & mouth m

Post by moppet »

The little syringes work because the robot arm is very light. Space can be saved because all of the driving actuators can be placed in one location, while the actuating happens locally. Thinking of heavy machinery, like backhoes, excavators or bulldozers could be better examples. In those hydraulic rams is a fixed amount of fluid, no extra tanks. For actuating dolls, we could use smaller versions of those hydraulic rams.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Necessity is the mother of invention." - Author unknown. as you type.

moppet

Post by moppet »

So you're claiming expenses as the owner of the business? Huh. Us regular folks can't claim business expenses no more. You're so lucky dude

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

moppet wrote:The little syringes work because the robot arm is very light. Space can be saved because all of the driving actuators can be placed in one location, while the actuating happens locally. Thinking of heavy machinery, like backhoes, excavators or bulldozers could be better examples. In those hydraulic rams is a fixed amount of fluid, no extra tanks. For actuating dolls, we could use smaller versions of those hydraulic rams.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You stated: In those hydraulic rams is a fixed amount of fluid, no extra tanks.

That may be true in some simple hydraulics like a single action 12v powered hyd cylinder that lifts a snow blade. What they call Hydraulic over Electric. You can do the same operation w/a dual action worm gear drive DC actuator or linear servo without worry of leaking fluid or air.

Most multi cylinder & dual action cylinder machines have a large hydraulic fluid tank and pump. Then you have a bank of flow control levers that allow you to direct the pressurized fluid to a specific cylinder. You manually control the amount of fluid and the duration of flow for a given movement.
Air or fluid hydraulics may work on a doll, but you still have to set up a computer control program to operate the flow control valves.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

INFORMATIONS