Starpery.com

Why don't dolls have hard cavities inside?

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Floydpink

Why don't dolls have hard cavities inside?

Post by Floydpink »

First of all forgive me if I'm wrong and this already exists.

As far as I understand, almost all dolls are basically just a stick figure metal skeleton and then a solid piece of cast silicone or TPE around it. But I'm wondering, why aren't more elaborate inner structures used, specifically hard and hollow shells? This could mimic parts of the human skeleton to make the doll more realistic, such as a skull, rib cage, shoulders, hip bone etc. And also because the inside of these structures could be hollow, it would use less of the expensive outer material and therefore be cheaper and lighter. Perhaps it would also increase doll longevity. These cavities could be make from hard cast plastic which should be pretty durable, and cheap after an NRE cost for tooling.

I saw this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wlo57vYS7B4
And this would seem to me to be a solution to most of the problems with TPE it discusses, such as it being too soft in areas that should be hard, like the skull.
Try the doll reddit community: https://www.reddit.com/r/SexDolls/

viktorsx

Re: Why don't dolls have hard cavities inside?

Post by viktorsx »

short answer is : manufactures dont give any consideration as is now . long answer is : manufactures dont give any consideration as is now ...
/* Simplicity is very Complex ... */

Pron
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pron »

It wouldn't be a problem to do this (and was already done for decades in other products).
The only reason why they don't do it is maximum profit. Same with the broken fingers, skeletons etc.
TPE dolls often have tiny feet and hands so you can't see on the promotion pics how unrealistic their body really is.

I just read your question again; you also asked for silicone. In more expensive silicone dolls some of these things are already done (foam cores, soft gel implants etc.) and there are still many things which could be improved.
Compare the body volume of current TPE dolls and a full size realdoll with the foam cores and you will be shocked how much more realistic one of them looks.

gunsmithcat
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by gunsmithcat »

yeah, they want your doll to deteriorate, so you keep buying and buying, they are not interested in make something that last forever, cuz then sales go down.
Elfie's Closet photo album
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=106702

Elfie's Closet photo album 2.0
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=134185

philpw99

Post by philpw99 »

Silicone dolls do have hollow cavities. Check out the factory pictures of Doll Sweet and you will see their skeletons look like human inner.
However, TPE dolls are pressure injected, which makes a hollow cavities almost impossible. Maybe one day some genius figures out a way to make TPE doll with pouring technique like silicone ones, until then we have to stick to the metal skeleton.
The one and only: Debbie from Doll4E
Maker of Doll33: a doll talking app. Come to your local app store soon. :)
The Doll33 App with F-Mode Version 1.2, exclusively for TDF members.
AlexaTilbrook's Mirror link for my app. Version 1.2
For more info, go to doll33.com.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Silicone dolls do have foam cores and usually plastic skulls.
The actual silicone only ends up being about 3/8" - 3/4" thick.

The reason why plastic bones near the surface are omitted is the chance they could break through the silicone.
Also, for the silicone to be thin enough to "feel" the bones, the silicone could easily tear. That's why rib cage, collar and shoulder blade bones are molded into the silicone form to just make the visual appearance.
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

The mad genius but unreliable doll maker David Liu did this to great effect
009.JPG
009.JPG (494.52 KiB) Viewed 1349 times
010 (1).JPG
010 (1).JPG (531.2 KiB) Viewed 1349 times
but his dolls first had terrible TPE and then skeletons which broke. However, the effect
was a stunning 163 doll at under 30kgs and I was sorry to lose her when her hip broke. He'd probably economised on skeleton gauge of metal saving more weight . . .

I have recommended the internal empty box to other manufacturers.

He also did something to minimise the risk of finger pokes.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

INFORMATIONS