Starpery.com

"X-ray" of a doll's hand

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Tsall
Server Admin
Server Admin

"X-ray" of a doll's hand

Post by Tsall »

Do you want to take a look into the inner structure of the hand of your doll?
Here is a a simple solution.

It works quite well with TPE hands. But not so good with silicone hands. Anything thicker than a hand doesn't work.

I used a LED flashlight (with an a, not an e :whistle: ) at about 50 lumens.

Warning:
Even an LED lamp can get hot at high lumens. Please avoid contact between the lamp and a TPE hand. However, no high lumens are required.

The following photos are from my TPE doll Lucia. The palm plate and wrist joint are clearly visible.

I don't know if there is a meaningful application. But it's definitely interesting. :D

Feel free to share X-ray photos from your doll's hand.
Mara (Dreamdoll Tania) - holiday trip (outdoor photos) and introduction
Lucia (Passiondolls 160cm Muscle Doll) - introduction and photos
Keira (Phicen Arhian Pirate) - outdoor adventures

Dollmalion
Active Poster
Active Poster

Re: "X-ray" of a doll's hand

Post by Dollmalion »

This is the most...incredible...stuff I've seen on TDF since I'm here :puppydogeyes:

No, really, it's really interesting and I should give a try with my Silicone one, even if you told it doesn't work ahah :mrgreen:

Could you give a try to the feet?
Review of my Sanhui 160 doll: viewtopic.php?f=293&t=101016
TDF unofficial Discord: https://discord.gg/Ku6rWs (Don't hesitate to come, we need you! :D)
A lady came, and thus bespake me: ‘I
Am Lucia. Suffer me to take this man,
Who slumbers. Easier so his way shall speed.’
Canto IX, Purgatory

philpw99

Post by philpw99 »

I second the "incredible" notion! Great idea to see what's under the skin!! Also needless to say, the "X-Ray" works best in a dark environment.
The one and only: Debbie from Doll4E
Maker of Doll33: a doll talking app. Come to your local app store soon. :)
The Doll33 App with F-Mode Version 1.2, exclusively for TDF members.
AlexaTilbrook's Mirror link for my app. Version 1.2
For more info, go to doll33.com.

Muninn
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Muninn »

Impressive images!

Did similar with a small LED torch, but didn't work to that degree. Might get my LED desklight out of my workshop and give it another try, it's seriously bright!
(They/Them)
Companion of the lovely Lyngheiður a.k.a Lynne - A WM153 #85 - now she has a Doll Album!
Say Hi to her on "Dolls Alive"! - Lynne's Page

HotDiggityDoll
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by HotDiggityDoll »

Tsall wrote:Do you want to take a look into the inner structure of the hand of your doll?
Here is a a simple solution.

It works quite well with TPE hands. But not so good with silicone hands. Anything thicker than a hand doesn't work.

I used a LED flashlight (with an a, not an e :whistle: ) at about 50 lumens.

Warning:
Even an LED lamp can get hot at high lumens. Please avoid contact between the lamp and a TPE hand. However, no high lumens are required.

The following photos are from my TPE doll Lucia. The palm plate and wrist joint are clearly visible.

I don't know if there is a meaningful application. But it's definitely interesting. :D

Feel free to share X-ray photos from your doll's hand.
Cool! Great idea Tsall!
My Doll Album is here!

Jimbofod
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by Jimbofod »

I've wondered if an actual x-ray world work to visualize doll skeletons as a way to see those of manufacturers who do not show them in a noninvasive way. Could also be handy for getting a look at internal problems like where breakages are before surgery, just like with humans. :)

ILuvFemsNlingerie
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ILuvFemsNlingerie »

That's pretty cool

Too bad there's not an app for this kinda thing :)
My Dolls
Custom SM 168C (will be awhile)
WM 156 C cup (Pink) Upgraded Skeleton
DS 145+ (tan)

Heads: WM #58 (Ce Ce), YL Lori (Dahlia), 6yE N24 (Veronica), SM #55 (Asami), DS April (April), IronTech LP (Lucinda), Matedoll #21 (Cindy), WM #234 (Minka) #363 (Victoria)

All via BCD (Jeff is the man)

CeCe's and friends thread
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 7#p1612387

April's thread
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=89211

Tsall
Server Admin
Server Admin

Post by Tsall »

Thank you all for your kind comments. :D

Dollmalion wrote:This is the most...incredible...stuff I've seen on TDF since I'm here :puppydogeyes:

No, really, it's really interesting and I should give a try with my Silicone one, even if you told it doesn't work ahah :mrgreen:

Could you give a try to the feet?
Yes, please try it with your Silicone doll. And please share the photos if you succeed. It works, but not as good as with TPE. You need much more light. I tried it with my Silicone doll Mara and had to use one of the highest modes of my flashlight (500 / 1000 Lumens).

Unfortunately, I have had no success with the feet so far. With the lower modes nothing is visible and with the higher modes the entire feet glowes. But I'll keep trying. Maybe it works with low light output and a long time exposure.

philpw99 wrote:I second the "incredible" notion! Great idea to see what's under the skin!! Also needless to say, the "X-Ray" works best in a dark environment.
Yes, of course, it should be as dark as possible. Thank you for pointing that out. :thumbs_up:

Muninn wrote:Impressive images!

Did similar with a small LED torch, but didn't work to that degree. Might get my LED desklight out of my workshop and give it another try, it's seriously bright!
I would be glad if you try. I hope the deskligth is not to bright and doesn't get to hot. :?
For a TPE hand you don't need much light. I even tested an old Mini Maglite AA (non LED). It was not as clearly as with the modern LED flashlight, but it worked.

Jimbofod wrote:I've wondered if an actual x-ray world work to visualize doll skeletons as a way to see those of manufacturers who do not show them in a noninvasive way. Could also be handy for getting a look at internal problems like where breakages are before surgery, just like with humans. :)
Weld seams are checked by X-ray and metal screws are always clearly visible on X-ray images. Just search "x-ray metal" or "x-ray weld inspection". Therefore I think a doll skeleton will be clearly visible on an x-ray image. But who has a X-ray machine to do this for us?
Mara (Dreamdoll Tania) - holiday trip (outdoor photos) and introduction
Lucia (Passiondolls 160cm Muscle Doll) - introduction and photos
Keira (Phicen Arhian Pirate) - outdoor adventures

INFORMATIONS