Starpery.com

Make A Doll Smile

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Silicone Sensuality

Make A Doll Smile

Post by Silicone Sensuality »

I just love looking at all of those beautiful smiles our doll have when a photo manipulation app has been used. I would really like to see my doll smile at me for a change, so I was thinking about going on eBay or a dental supply company and buying a real small set of dentures and attempting to fit them in my dolls oral cavity. I think 8-10 of the front teeth would work for a smile.

Has anyone done this sort go thing to "make a doll smile"? :D

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Re: Make A Doll Smile

Post by Mr Franz »

Pricey, but some of the vendors sell teeth and tongue kits like this one: https://sexyrealsexdolls.com/products/t ... r-oral-sex

Silicone Sensuality

Mr. Franz that is the idea I had in mind. I may need to invent a unit to put in the oral cavity that also has actuators that will push the cheeks up and out for more of a smile to go along with teeth and a tongue. It can be remote controlled like an electronic toy.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

That'd be neat. I like to push the corners of Jyoti's mouth up sometimes. I love the way it makes her face crinkle and the delightful smile it produces. :D

Silicone Sensuality

Look what I found for my doll, her new smile for less than $10. I will play orthodontic surgeon and fit them and show before and after photos , if they look good.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Smile-Snap-On- ... SwsdVdJfK3

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Silicone Sensuality wrote:Look what I found for my doll, her new smile for less than $10. I will play orthodontic surgeon and fit them and show before and after photos , if they look good.

Only thing I'd be concerned about is: they're made of silicone. Some blends of silicone and some blends of TPE don't play nice together.... :wink:

Silicone Sensuality

My doll is a WM146 I thought she was made of silicone?, Is she TPE? I await your kind response.

Mr Franz
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by Mr Franz »

Yeah, WM's are TPE. Where did you get her?

Nimbus
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Nimbus »

Silicone Sensuality wrote:Look what I found for my doll, her new smile for less than $10. I will play orthodontic surgeon and fit them and show before and after photos , if they look good.

Great find. I just ordered a set for my TPE girl. Does anyone know what kind of reaction silicon might have with TPE? Hopefully not some kind of toxic gas that will kill me in the middle of the night :)

Silicone Sensuality

Mr Franz wrote:Yeah, WM's are TPE. Where did you get her?
Thank You so much for your reply Mr. Franz
I purchased my doll from Annies Doll House on eBay. She was shipped from China . I purchased her before I ever had the pleasure to know of or be part of this forum.
So I have a TPE doll.....hum I guess I will have to relearn or learn some things about care.
Now I am going to have to change my user name to TPE Sensuality....lol.

Silicone Sensuality

I received my so called Perfect Smile Dental Veneers for my doll. There are two sets of upper teeth?, even though the ebay add indicated top and bottom teeth. There are two strips of adhesive that need to be put in boiling water and then fixed to the veneers and then attached to what ever teeth still remain in the mouth. I have seen better props in a costume store. The teeth were too big for my dolls mouth and the gums on the veneers had to be trimmed. So this is my first attempt at making my doll smile. Now I see why Dentists charge so much. Here is my doll with my first attempt, just upper teeth. You be the judge.
Attachments
IMG_0413.jpg
IMG_0413.jpg (2.44 MiB) Viewed 2672 times
IMG_0412.jpg
IMG_0412.jpg (2.8 MiB) Viewed 2672 times
IMG_0412.jpg
IMG_0412.jpg (2.8 MiB) Viewed 2672 times

timetraveler1
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by timetraveler1 »

i don't really think it made her smile as so much as just show her teeth with mouth slightly open , for the smile part something may have to be made that holds the mouth a certain way as when smiling to bring edges up.
but glad you got them fitting in okay .

Silicone Sensuality

Thanks Time traveler1,
I think you hit on it, I need to make some sort of way to push up the skin in the face as muscles would do. A smile actuator of some sort then the teeth.

scooter_ca
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by scooter_ca »

Hi SS.
I think making a smiling doll is a great idea, but it may be tricky to get a realistic expression.
In addition to the upturned mouth so many other things change on the face.

I have been playing with FaceApp where I crop Daria's face, let FaceApp give her a smile, and then merge it back into the original photo.
If I only merge the smiling mouth, the expression looks very strange.
FaceApp also adds smile lines, makes the cheeks higher, the face wider, and raises the the lower eyelids.
When the entire package is merged back, it makes a realistic looking smile.

However I do wish you the best of luck.
Just because something is difficult doesn't mean you shouldn't try. :evidence:

Thanks,
scooter
With beautiful Daria and Giorgi.
Everything about Daria can be found in her NEW Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=117493
Everything about Giorgi can be found in her Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=96105
Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14626

redfiredsoul1
Ex-Member

Post by redfiredsoul1 »

Silicone Sensuality wrote:I received my so called Perfect Smile Dental Veneers for my doll. There are two sets of upper teeth?, even though the ebay add indicated top and bottom teeth. There are two strips of adhesive that need to be put in boiling water and then fixed to the veneers and then attached to what ever teeth still remain in the mouth. I have seen better props in a costume store. The teeth were too big for my dolls mouth and the gums on the veneers had to be trimmed. So this is my first attempt at making my doll smile. Now I see why Dentists charge so much. Here is my doll with my first attempt, just upper teeth. You be the judge.
Sorry mate, but the first attempt she looks like a character from a horror movie, lol.

INFORMATIONS