Starpery.com

Bringing BodyColor Back!

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Adventurer
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Bringing BodyColor Back!

Post by Adventurer »

The brainchild of CrazyCajun, our recently deceased friend and mentor, BodyColor is a semi-permanent coloring system for TPE with unparalleled qualities that has been making our dolls ever more beautiful with long-lasting vibrant colors and textures. The tragic and unexpected loss of CrazyCajun unfortunately put this revolutionary product out of production.

Together with my partner in this project grimreefer24601, and with support from Sili Doll, I am pleased to announce that we are working hard to bring BodyColor back!

With blessings from CC's family and thanks to the amazing skills and dedication of grimreefer, we are very close to bringing this product back to market. We plan to offer this product for sale in the coming weeks, with a portion of the proceeds going to support CrazyCajun's family in their time of need.

Please find our progress with this effort updated in the thread that follows!
----
Kateryna & Vera (Zelex 170c and 172 SLE) review and photos: viewtopic.php?t=175212

My Sili Doll Sukiwaai review and pictures thread:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=81812

Willow- My SM 156c Silicone:
viewtopic.php?f=269&t=138708

Piper Doll Jessica:
viewtopic.php?f=387&t=131094

grimreefer24601

Re: Bringing BodyColor Back!

Post by grimreefer24601 »

As Adventurer has said, I'm going to be working with him on redeveloping BodyColor. I'm thrilled to have James' wife involved in this. I want to help James' family as much as I can. James' helped me more than I could ever repay.

His families GoFundMe has not met it's goal by far. If James has touched you please help his family any way you can. CrazyCajuns Family Go Fund Me. I'm sure James has had a part in many of your dolls. Please give to his family in their time of need.

As for BodyColor², it's a similar product. I have no doubt that at it's base it's the same product. I can't accurately match James' colors at this point. I can make an equivalent product at this point. I'm still testing a lot of things, such as packaging and storage. I don't know that we're a few weeks out. Maybe. I'm still playing around with the mix. I have had some good results.

This video shows the removal of my second test batch. My first batch didn't work as well, but still, it worked. This second batch peels cleanly off, no residue or stains.

Apart from removal, you want to know about colors. At this point I'm only playing with colors. Most of my tests so far have been getting the base material right. I'm only just now playing with colors.

This is my test for a nipple color.
20180508_192942.jpg
20180508_192942.jpg (960.42 KiB) Viewed 4593 times
20180508_193323.jpg
20180508_193323.jpg (976.6 KiB) Viewed 4593 times
20180508_193552.jpg
20180508_193552.jpg (1.36 MiB) Viewed 4593 times
I've done red and green as a base. My nipple test was a mix of flesh tones and brown. My current blend I'm calling "Bubblegum" for it's color. What colors are you most interested in for you dolls?

My current test, "Bubblegum", should be ready to show some results this weekend.

I'm sure I can make a similar product to BodyColor at this point. If James wife can provide me some information I can recreate the colors James had. Right now, I'm making my own colors, and trying to get something close to what James had.

That's why I call what I'm working on BodyColor². This is a tribute to James. We have approval and help from James' family. But, what I'm making is not exactly what James was making. It is very similar.

As such, my product probably won't match with BodyColor. They may work together, this is an independent product. It's not BodyColor, it's a BodyColor successor.

I intend to create as much of a quality product as my friend James did.

Grim

secretagentman

Post by secretagentman »

Great job!!
I can see many benefits of quick and clean color removal.

Your example vid shows BodyColor being used on a flat stable area yet the nipple region is generally much weaker and prone to tearing. The vaginal area is even more delicate. How will either of these endure the same color removal?

Adventurer
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by Adventurer »

I’ve used BodyColor extensively in those areas without issue. It peels off easily enough when it gets started to come right off :) I expect our solution to produce the same results, though testing is of course ongoing.
----
Kateryna & Vera (Zelex 170c and 172 SLE) review and photos: viewtopic.php?t=175212

Piper Doll Jessica:

grimreefer24601

I'll post a video of removing Becka's nipple color. Nipple color tries to stick around the sharp edges, but pulls off without any damage. The nipples on most TPE doll are textured also. This likes to hold onto the mix. I've not used this mix on a vagina yet, but I'm sure it will work. Enough that I'll test it on my doll. I wouldn't touch my dolls with this stuff if I didn't test thoroughly.

The BodyColor² is only a surface adherent. It's only skin deep, actually less.

I can post a vagina coloring and removal. It will have to be the "BubbleGum" color I'm working with tonight.

My tests, so far, are conducted to show BodyColor² sticking to a surface. Even my removal. These surfaces were prepared to hold the material. The surface can also be prepared for easier removal.

The only way I can foresee BodyColor² damaging a dolls parts are if those parts are already damaged. I'll gladly paint "my" dolls with BodyColor². They're in great shape. No damage.

Honestly, BodyColor² won't last long on a well used vagina. Probably two weeks before it start's peeling and needs to be re applied. Use of mineral oil or Vaseline will make the product easier to remove. Intentionally or not.

Still, try that with lipstick or eye makeup.

I've got a color mix I'm testing tonight and tomorrow. I intend to color MJ's lips with this "BubbleGum" color. I'll have enough to test Becka's private parts also. It'll take a few days to prove a full set. I'm willing to put Becka's vagina up to this (MJ's outfit isn't easy to take off, or I'd try it on her. I'm using it on her face instead.). I'm not worried about it in the slightest.

You're correct in asking about this, and I'm happy to put it to the test.

I wouldn't be working on this if I didn't think this was the best color system for TPE dolls. It wouldn't touch my dolls either.

ILuvFemsNlingerie
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by ILuvFemsNlingerie »

This is good news I almost bought some BodyColor a few months ago to make my WM dolls nipples darker and paint her fingers but I didn't get around of doing it.

I was sad to hear about CrazyCajun's passing but it's good to hear that someone on here will pick up were he left off on Body color.
My Dolls
Custom SM 168C (will be awhile)
WM 156 C cup (Pink) Upgraded Skeleton
DS 145+ (tan)

Heads: WM #58 (Ce Ce), YL Lori (Dahlia), 6yE N24 (Veronica), SM #55 (Asami), DS April (April), IronTech LP (Lucinda), Matedoll #21 (Cindy), WM #234 (Minka) #363 (Victoria)

All via BCD (Jeff is the man)

CeCe's and friends thread
https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 7#p1612387

April's thread
viewtopic.php?f=143&t=89211

grimreefer24601

Well, the video I got looks like shit. Sorry. I don't have a camera rig. I'm using my cellphone. Peeling and filming don't work well together.

The result peeled as well as I expect it should.
20180512_005819.jpg
20180512_005819.jpg (973.83 KiB) Viewed 4540 times

secretagentman

Post by secretagentman »

Hey thanks for the quick update.

Upon seeing how this works, I suspect this can have limited "repair" properties as well (with exact color matching) - perhaps adding strength to weak areas.
It could prove to be beneficial for other purposes. What do you think?

grimreefer24601

James made a product he called BodyFill. It's a cream he used to inject into damaged joints of TPE dolls. He never was satisfied with it's performance. I had to pester him constantly to get him to ship me the few samples I've received.

I don't believe that mix would add strength to damaged areas. It was made to fill internal voids.

BodyColor and the product I'm working on is a surface adherent. It probably won't glue anything together. That's not what it was made for, and not part of my testing at this point.

At this point, I know there are many other applications with this formula. Right now I'm working on getting the coloring right. I may have some more products to add in the future. Some already in development. For now BC² is my priority.

grimreefer24601

I just got some bottles to test BodyColor² in. Here's what I'm calling "Bubblegum".
20180513_204959.jpg
20180513_204959.jpg (2.24 MiB) Viewed 4411 times
And here it is on Mary Jane with a custom set of irises I made this morning for ManiquinFan's Easy Move Eyes.
20180513_204730.jpg
20180513_204730.jpg (1.69 MiB) Viewed 4411 times
I'm very satisfied with the color. I need another coat on MJ, but overall it looks really good to me. I'm not as good with makeup as Adventurer is though. The bottle and brush work great, and now I can finally store a solution.

Also, please forgive Mary Jane for her disheveled appearance. She's had a rough day being my test pilot.

Obviously I'm going to need to test more, but I'm very confident in BodyColor² or it wouldn't touch MJ or Becka.

I'm working on colors, and how to get BodyColor² out to customers. With the help of Adventurer and SiliDoll I'm sure we can make this work.

samara78
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by samara78 »

Cool stuff. Thanks 4 donating some of the proceeds to crazycajuns family
The empty orchestra still plays.
Bored, certified "plastic" surgeon. Serving the masses.
Dolls i have worked on. Real doll ,JM doll,teddybabes,Anime fabric doll,wm doll, d.s dolls, Diao shi, extravaganza air dolls, 1st pc, and candy8teen dolls.

Need work done? Feel free to send me a note.

grimreefer24601

samara78 wrote:Cool stuff. Thanks 4 donating some of the proceeds to crazycajuns family
It's only appropriate considering what James gave me. I can never repay him for how he helped my dolls and I.

Adventurer
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by Adventurer »

samara78 wrote:Cool stuff. Thanks 4 donating some of the proceeds to crazycajuns family
That's one of the biggest motivators for me as well. CC was a good friend. Anything I can do to both keep his spirit of innovation alive and help his family deal with his absence is good by me.
----

Piper Doll Jessica:

grimreefer24601

This is my second nipple color test. I got a bit darker than intended. My brown pigment seems to have congealed a bit, so I got more of it than I intended. It's darker than I like on Mary Jane, but it would look nice on many dolls I think. It looks nice on MJ, but I wanted it lighter. Also, my florescent lights and cheap phone don't do good pictures.
20180519_221031.jpg
20180519_221031.jpg (1.14 MiB) Viewed 4279 times

grimreefer24601

20180519_223501.jpg
20180519_223501.jpg (995.68 KiB) Viewed 4279 times

INFORMATIONS