Starpery.com

Bringing BodyColor Back!

Got an idea? Need an invention?
grimreefer24601

Re: Bringing BodyColor Back!

Post by grimreefer24601 »

I'm really close to ready.

I've got quite a few other things I'm trying to get ready for my official launch. They probably wont be ready.

I've about got my fee ready to get Doll Forum Vendor Status. My website is ready. I've tested my ordering system. I will of course need to make changes as I go, but I think I ready.

I'm working on bringing you a lot more than just BodyColor². I've got wigs sourced. Eyebrows and Eyelashes. TPE vagina inserts. Fingernails and toenails. Female Penis Attachments. TPE Glue. Stain Remover.

Whatever else I can get to you also. I want Grim's Doll Accessories to be your place for doll stuff.

Hopefully next time I update you it will be because I'm a vendor.

Bazinga
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Bazinga »

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world."
-Archimedes

Adventurer
Vendor Affiliated
Vendor Affiliated

Post by Adventurer »

Fantastic news Grim. I love the assortment of products you plan on carrying with BC2. I’ll start saving now ;)
----
Kateryna & Vera (Zelex 170c and 172 SLE) review and photos: viewtopic.php?t=175212

My Sili Doll Sukiwaai review and pictures thread:
http://dollforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=253&t=81812

Willow- My SM 156c Silicone:
viewtopic.php?f=269&t=138708

Piper Doll Jessica:
viewtopic.php?f=387&t=131094

grimreefer24601

I was looking at my pictures from Deso/Gray, and this one I took for a reason. Maybe CC giving me a sign from beyond.
DSCF1270.JPG
DSCF1270.JPG (3.54 MiB) Viewed 1645 times
I really miss CrazyCajun.

scooter_ca
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by scooter_ca »

I have received my shipment of BodyColor².
I was able to give it a try yesterday.
I have used the original BodyColor so was eager to give BodyColor² a try.
I'm also happy that some of the proceeds go to CrazyCajun's family, as CC was true innovator and I miss him and April dearly.

I ordered Black, Salmon, Cinnamon, and Clear Sealer. Lilac was also added as a bonus.
I know Grim is working on expanding the colours. I would have liked to see a deep red and dark brown.
I'm hoping the Cinnamon will be a good brown colour.

Spoiler alert. I am very happy with the results.
Overall this is a great product. I do make a couple suggestions, but these are in the spirit of making the product even better.

The package arrived extremely well wrapped in many layers of protection.
It would take a dedicated FedEx mangler to break these bottles.
I use a Canadian Flex Delivery (virtual post office box) for controlled delivery so the package was sent via USPS handing off to Canada Post.
The package sailed through customs without duty and without being opened.

In the bottles, the color separates from the solution so it needs a good shaking before using.
The brushes in the bottle are good for most applications, but for finer details, I dab a few drop on a flat surface and use an artists brush to apply it.

As Adventurer mentioned, the new formula does seem slightly thinner than the original.
I think this makes it easier to apply.
However it does result in a thinner application, so some paler colours can end up being too pale.

I gave Daria a bath, oiling, and powdering to remove her existing makeup.
Then started in on the eyes.
I like to draw in Daria's lower eyelashes rather mess with fake eyelashes and glue.
For photography, the drawn in eyelashes look just fine.
For eyelashes, I use a small paint brush where I have removed all but a few bristles.

BodyColor goes on shiny but the shine can be removed by a light dusting of baby powder.
I like using BodyColor in the lower eyelashes so I can later apply some eye shadow without smudging the eyelashes.

For the eyebrows, I used a layer of Cinnamon but that was too light. I prefer Daria's to be dark brown.
I put some black over top of the cinnamon and got it closer to what I like.
In the past I have also used a black Sharpie to draw some individual hairs, so that's the black bits you see in the close up.
I also used Lilac for some eye shadow.
The Lilac is a very subtle colour. Even with several layers my old eyes were having trouble seeing it.

Moving on to the nipples.
Cinnamon is a great color for the nipples and aureole.
Daria's unmodified nipples are basically colourless, so this effect is all BodyColor.
Baby powder was used to remove the shine.

Now, what about the Clear Sealer.
Since a deep red colour was not available, I put on Daria's normal lipstick and then applied the clear sealer.
This gave her lips a nice wet look.
I did not put on any baby powder because I like shiny lips.

Now the naughty bits.
I tried the Salmon colour. However, it matches Daria's skin so exactly that after applying it I could not find any difference in appearance.
I want the colouring to be subtle, but salmon was too subtle.
Cinnamon turned out to be a better colour.
( Sorry Daria. I don't usually photograph you in this position, but it's for a good cause. )

And finally for a little fun.
Here is a Playboy bunny tattoo for Daria using Black BodyColor.

So in conclusion, BodyColor² is a great product and well worth the price.
I like that some of the proceeds go to CrazyCajuns family.
I think it's great that Grim did not let this great innovation get lost.

As for the colours, Cinnamon and Black were my favourites.
I like the Clear Sealer for letting me put on my own makeup and then sealing it in with a shinny coating.
Salmon and Lilac were just a little too subtle. I would like them to be slightly darker.
Also, I would like to see future darker colours. Deep red and dark brown, in addition to other deep colours in the rainbow.

Thanks Grim for all the work you are doing,
scooter
With beautiful Daria and Giorgi.
Everything about Daria can be found in her NEW Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 1&t=117493
Everything about Giorgi can be found in her Photo Timeline: https://www.dollforum.com/forum/viewtop ... 64&t=96105
Doll Album: http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=14626

grimreefer24601

Hey Scooter,

Thanks for the great review. I'm really glad you like BodyColor².

The Salmon and lilac do need to be applied pretty thick to get color. I like the colors themselves though. I'll try to get them darker. The pigment I was using at the time is pretty light itself.

I have some new pigments, and more on the way also. I also just bought a bunch of mason jars to make new colors in. And my priority, even before reading this, was making Reds and Browns.

Thanks again Scooter. You and Daria make BodyColor² look great. I wish I was as good at makeup as you.

Grim

grimreefer24601

Here's my new dark base. All of my darker colors will be made from this base.
DSCF1796.JPG
DSCF1796.JPG (3.71 MiB) Viewed 1606 times

grimreefer24601

So I've got some good news. I've got the money to pay my vendor fee. I've sent TDF notice that I'm ready. I'm not sure how long it takes to set up. Hopefully I'll fully launch this coming week.

I've also got twelve new colors to work with. A few may end up replacing colors with a better pigment. For instance, my new light base color looks very similar to Taupe when applied lightly.

I was working on mostly browns. I think those natural colors are going to be what most people are looking for. I love the application of these new colors. My new pigments are fantastic, and offer great color even on some of the lighter shades.

Here's a few teaser pictures for you.
DSCF1801.JPG
DSCF1801.JPG (3.18 MiB) Viewed 1582 times
One Coat
DSCF1797.JPG
DSCF1797.JPG (4.88 MiB) Viewed 1582 times
Two Coats
DSCF1799.JPG
DSCF1799.JPG (4.68 MiB) Viewed 1582 times
Three Coats
DSCF1800.JPG
DSCF1800.JPG (4.44 MiB) Viewed 1582 times
Ha, Ha, Ha
count-von-count-three.gif
count-von-count-three.gif (5.6 MiB) Viewed 1582 times

Mimik

Post by Mimik »

New colors are looking awesome Grim and congrats on the vendor status. I've got a review for the BodyColor² Clear Sealer coming up.
:glou:
Art imitating life imitating art.

Image Image Image Image

Mimik

Post by Mimik »

This review is for the BodyColor² Clear Sealer.

Grim was kind enough to offer a sweet deal for early adopters, so I placed an order and gave BC² a shot. I must say, I’m quite pleased with the results.

I chose the Clear Sealer to test out sealing powder makeup. I use powder makeup for the doll’s faces, restoring nipple color, and custom coloring the southern bits for more realism. Only downside is how quickly powder makeup can fade after a wash or heavy photo shoot. While reapplying isn’t too difficult, it can get redundant.

That’s where BodyColor² Clear Sealer comes in for me. When Grim announced he was making this, it got my attention.
The potential of a smudge and waterproof, transparent sealant for TPE is a game changer for preserving makeup.

Ordering from Grim’s website was easy. I quickly found the items I wanted, added to cart, and checked out via PayPal.
Grim shipped the order promptly and provided tracking the same day. The package arrived in 4 days (US).

Everything was packaged neatly in a small white box with adequate padding inside. Everything arrived safe and sound.

I ordered one bottle of Clear Sealer and one bottle of White for teeth in the future.
The bottles themselves have a brush attached to the cap. Convenient and does the job.

For this review, I’ll be recoloring the nipples on this doll. Make sure to thoroughly clean the area you’ll be working on.
I also used mineral oil to remove any hints of the original nipple color. Once dry, I began coloring.

To color the nipples, I used regular powder makeup with a blush and eyeshadow brush.
For the Clear Sealer, I also used an artist’s brush to make circular brushstrokes a bit easier to control.

This is after the first coat of powder makeup. Medium brown, light brown, and off white.

A little pink for some highlights.

Now the fun part, this is the Clear Sealer applied on top of the powder makeup.
I first applied a layer of Sealer using the cap attached brush, then a second layer using the artist brush.
I also used the artist brush to feather out the edges for a smooth blend. It worked great.

From a little further back. Nipple recoloring with BodyColor² Clear Sealer applied.

To remove the gloss of the Sealer, I just applied a little corn starch once it was dry.
I took this pic the next day, after several outfit changes and lots of photos.
The nipple color looks as good as new and the Clear Sealer is holding up great. :thumbs_up:

Conclusion: I can now apply BodyColor² Clear Sealer over any powder makeup to give it a protective layer that’s both smudge and waterproof. Awesome. Removing the sealer was also easy, just dabbed some mineral oil and peeled away. I can say Grim has developed a great product, his shop is well worth a visit if you like to personalize your doll(s). Grim also makes lens colors for MannequinFan’s popular Easy Move Eyes upgrade, I plan to order some of those next.

Image Image Image Image

grimreefer24601

Thanks for your review, Mimik. The makeup you've done on those nipples looks great. I'm really glad you like the clear sealer.

I've got something big for you all soon. Probably tomorrow. :mrgreen:

Plus, I just got a bunch more pigments. Right now I think I have 21 colors. I've got some stuff to round out some other colors. I'll try some batches this weekend. Might even be able to offer a few before Monday.
DSCF1803.JPG
DSCF1803.JPG (4.54 MiB) Viewed 1533 times

Mimik

Post by Mimik »

Woah, nice bottle collection. 8O :D

You're most welcome for the review Grim, everything's working great.

Looking forward to the big news!

:glou:

Image Image Image Image

Sam Wobbles

Post by Sam Wobbles »

Wow! Awesome reviews, scooter and Mimik! That looks really nice!

BodyColor² is looking great, grim! I want to buy some!
Alex's Eye Candy - Alex's Gallery - Bea's Eye Candy - Bea's Gallery - Alex & Bea's Eye Candy - Alex & Bea's Gallery

grimreefer24601

I hope you can soon. I've been getting ready for my full launch.

I'm just waiting on my vendor status here on TDF. As soon as my vendor status is ready, I'm ready to roll.

I was planning for today, but I don't think TDF has my section ready yet.

Hopefully this weekend. :mrgreen:

Vegas Rick
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Vegas Rick »

Any tips on how to use the stuff to create really good freckles? I just got my BodyColor2 and welcome any ideas.

INFORMATIONS