Starpery.com

TPE release from mold

Got an idea? Need an invention?
BigBurrito

Re: TPE release from mold

Post by BigBurrito »

Harley makes a good trike, but expensive, but anyway, now heating up the TPE, and will see how this is gonna work. I had a 1200 Honda Aspencade that i had to let go for the same reasons, and now building a Suzuki 650 Savage thumper, low to the ground, a whole lot lighter, and a whole lotta torque

Rick9191

Post by Rick9191 »

BigBurrito wrote:Harley makes a good trike, but expensive, but anyway, now heating up the TPE, and will see how this is gonna work. I had a 1200 Honda Aspencade that i had to let go for the same reasons, and now building a Suzuki 650 Savage thumper, low to the ground, a whole lot lighter, and a whole lotta torque
Yeah for the melt down! LOL Keep us updated. Just finished priming/sealing a mold for my own pour. Simple open faced one part mold for an inner labia wrap around. Kind of a tester piece.

I'm a bit old school and all my bikes were strippers (no bags/windshields etc...) Worked for Honda for awhile. So, quite a few CB350's,450's,750's and had an original Gold Wing when they came out. My last was a 750 Shadow. I miss that bike.
Have been looking online and may stop to check out the newer HD Sportster's. Figured they might be light enough for an old 1 legged land pirate. :)

Well back to tpe. Good luck with the pour!

BigBurrito

Post by BigBurrito »

Had a CB350 hardtail back in 75-76, rode all over Calif, sold it and got a pre unit Triumph chopper, miss that 650. But my fav was a 2001 1200 Sportster i got in 05, but hard times in 08 had to let it go, about my first mold, still had air bubbles, and still some imperfections in the mold, as i figured there will be several attempts to get it right, as the temp for the TPE is a fine line, put a mineral oil coat on the molds that helped in the release. May try again this weekend. Also i need to make a neg mold of the face inside, so i can make a fiberglass under skull, will make a good foundation for mounting the eye control and mouth servos for a robotic head build. Check my thread "Getting ahead WM head movable jaw mod"

Rick9191

Post by Rick9191 »

BigBurrito wrote:Had a CB350 hardtail back in 75-76, rode all over Calif, sold it and got a pre unit Triumph chopper, miss that 650. But my fav was a 2001 1200 Sportster i got in 05, but hard times in 08 had to let it go, about my first mold, still had air bubbles, and still some imperfections in the mold, as i figured there will be several attempts to get it right, as the temp for the TPE is a fine line, put a mineral oil coat on the molds that helped in the release. May try again this weekend. Also i need to make a neg mold of the face inside, so i can make a fiberglass under skull, will make a good foundation for mounting the eye control and mouth servos for a robotic head build. Check my thread "Getting ahead WM head movable jaw mod"
Well ya might recognize my first bikes if you go back to the 70's for rides. First was a Honda QA50 mini bike. LOL
First street was a Honda 305 Scrambler/Hawk. A little taller than the CL350 which is the CB but with the high exhaust instead of running along the frame bottom such as the CB models. Only owned rice grinders.
I did ride a Bonneville (borrowed). First time damn near killed myself going to shift and slamming on the rear brake instead. Great bike, just took a bit to get used to the reverse controls :). Now back to tpe.

Air bubbles. Hmmmm I have used Drywall 90 mud for a slower setting mold pour. Screened/sifted and thinner mixed fills in real nice but takes a lot longer to demold. Using a slow setter you could also add vacuum degassing. Wouldn't work for the regular mold plasters I don't think. Not enough working time.

As for the male half. Use thickness runners (wood slats) and roll (with a dough roller) out slabs of clay to the thickness you want you TPE. Lay the clay into your female gently in strips. Letting the clay settle itself with a gentle press here and there for stubborn areas. It's for the inside so shouldn't need to be perfectly smooth but close makes fitting to a skull/skeleton easier.
Once the female is lined fully. Demold the next day. Peel away the clay and ya have your two halves.

You'll need a different process if the inside has to contour to a hard skull though. If that's the case. It's a bit more difficult and set up takes more time. But all great things take great effort.

Air dry both halves for a few days before using. If your oven has a food warmer setting. Test the temp. If the warmer setting stays below 150F. You can "bake" the molds on the warmer setting for as long as you want to make sure they're super dry. Unless you're not in a hurry. Then just air dry 'em.

I forgot to mention in earlier posts. I also "prime" my plaster molds with spray paint primer or a wash of drywall primer. Helps seal the plaster and keeps the release agents from absorbing into the plaster before it's done what it's there for.
You do not prime a plaster mold if your going to be pouring slip (liquid clay). Otherwise priming is almost a must.

Your work is unbelievable. From electronics to bodybuilding. And I'm sweating making some pussy lips and tits to glue on. LOL
Look forward to your continued success. May actually consider ya doing a mouth mod for me after ya have it perfected. No voice or sound though. Listened to enough bitching in my life. Last thing I want is her to have any sound capability. :)

BigBurrito

Post by BigBurrito »

:glou:
Love to get together and drink a few beers with you, and i remember the little Honda 50, and the CT70, i also had a CL305 in the 70's. BTW love your suggestions on the molding build

Rick9191

Post by Rick9191 »

We would definitely have good times over a few. And can imagine eavesdroppers jaws dropping hearing some aspects of the conversations. LOL
"Yeah tore her crotch completely open in a spread. Had to glue the tears."
"Looks better since I removed her head"
"Removed her jaw from her head. Added a tongue, some teeth. Got that beotch to suck finally too!"

Locals be gathering torches and pitchforks. LOL
Well if I ever get on the other side of the country I will definitely look ya up.
AND I did a test pour with a thinner 90 Drywall Mud Plaster. Should know in a few days if that works out better for air pockets. And have to test strength and heat resistance of it.

r363b
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by r363b »

BigBurrito wrote:Can anybody give me a suggestion of a good release agent for molding TPE in a Plaster of Paris mold
Use Auto body filler as mold material if plaster does not work. I saw this in a youtube video and it worked on an insert he poured.

Rick9191

Post by Rick9191 »

r363b wrote:
BigBurrito wrote:Can anybody give me a suggestion of a good release agent for molding TPE in a Plaster of Paris mold
Use Auto body filler as mold material if plaster does not work. I saw this in a youtube video and it worked on an insert he poured.
You mean like a bondo body repair kit? Hmmm didn't even think of that. Stronger than plaster but not quite a pain in the backside to work with like f-glass. Thanks!

david 68
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by david 68 »

maybe thats what they use to make dolls ( bondo mix to make body mold ),thats what gives its that funny smell on some dolls? :whistle:

r363b
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by r363b »

Y
Rick9191 wrote:
r363b wrote:
You mean like a bondo body repair kit? Hmmm didn't even think of that. Stronger than plaster but not quite a pain in the backside to work with like f-glass. Thanks!

Sorry for late reply..
Bondo was what he said he used. Had that pinkest cream color when dry.
He used no release agent. Poured TPE, let dry and pulled insert from mold.
It was a 3 piece mold,,, front pussy, tube, and wood dowel rod for hole of insert.

Might want to do a test first, depending on how big your project is.
Also I would brush on mineral oil on the mold pieces just to help some.
I remembered that the tpe insert was pulled from mold slowly because there was a little sticking.. But did not tear and came out in one piece.

Martine7
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Martine7 »

I'm also very interested in learning more about TPE molding techniques
Martin(e)
Not named yet
170cm JY? - 85/52/86

RevJack
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by RevJack »

Can you please identify this Bondo-Pussy-Bandit so we can all enjoy his video?
Reverend Jacks Roamin' Cadillac Sex Doll Repair. Roamin' the land fixin' dollies and handing out salvation from the back of his Cadillac.

ALSO TRY Reverend Jack's Anointed Snake Oil, good for cleansing stains from the body and the Soul! Step right up folks, only $5 a bottle! We got plenty to go around! Cash only please.

Aibei 158 Blue Elf, AS 157, XES 128, OR 156G, WM 160C (r), Sanhui 168 (r), WM 157B, WM 138D (Faun), Mistress 168 (r), 6YE 100 (Bubbles)

INFORMATIONS