Starpery.com

New Type of Hyper-Realistic "Plushie" Doll for Big Boys

Got an idea? Need an invention?
rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Re: New Type of Hyper-Realistic "Plushie" Doll for Big Boys

Post by rubherkitty »

Well, I certainly wish mrexotica the best on his project. I love seeing new ideas and innovation regarding dolls.

RK :glou:
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

mrexotica
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mrexotica »

timetraveler1 wrote:...."IF" THE PRICE IS KEPT DECENT , AN OVER PRICED DOLL WILL ONLY BE SOLD TO A FEW WITH MONEY
Alright...let's talk dirty! What is that "Price" that naughty boys will pay for a hyper-realistic doll. We shall define 'hyper-realistic doll" as a doll whose visible features are life-life: If the doll is seated beside the person it resembles it would be very difficult to discern which of the two is human from arm's length.

There are so many "bargain hunters" out there who imagine that a doll that has $500 worth of materials should cost $501.

What would you gents see as an affordable price...think of an affordable engagement ring as a point of reference.

mrexotica
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mrexotica »

flying42 wrote:I have a doll head that tore inside the throat. The head comes off for cleaning, of course...
Good Lord! Keep that 10-incher away from your doll! These tender ladies have to be treated like delicate flowers. They're works of ark...to be treasured, admired, and doused with gentleness and tender loving care. :D

mrexotica
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mrexotica »

sorry... I meant to say our silicone ladies are "works of ART". I was so horrified over the visual image of your dolls throat being ripped open by a huge member that I quivered as I typed and hit the wrong key. :)

r363b
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by r363b »

mrexotica wrote:
timetraveler1 wrote:...."IF" THE PRICE IS KEPT DECENT , AN OVER PRICED DOLL WILL ONLY BE SOLD TO A FEW WITH MONEY
Alright...let's talk dirty! What is that "Price" that naughty boys will pay for a hyper-realistic doll. We shall define 'hyper-realistic doll" as a doll whose visible features are life-life: If the doll is seated beside the person it resembles it would be very difficult to discern which of the two is human from arm's length.

There are so many "bargain hunters" out there who imagine that a doll that has $500 worth of materials should cost $501.

What would you gents see as an affordable price...think of an affordable engagement ring as a point of reference.
Look at Teddy Babe for a price reference.. keep your costs in this price range and you should sell many dolls. http://teddy-babes.com/

mrexotica
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mrexotica »

r363b wrote:Look at Teddy Babe for a price reference.. keep your costs in this price range and you should sell many dolls. http://teddy-babes.com/
Thanks for the tip r363b. Never heard of teddy-babes. Will definitely check them out.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle
Location: Interstate 44 with 10 long-haired Friends a' Jesus In a chartreuse micra-bus

Post by rubherkitty »

Ever hear of Textile Doll?
http://www.textiledoll.com/en/gallery
Going downtown. Gonna see my gal. Gonna sing her a song. I'm gonna show her my ding dong! C&C

devlin
Active Poster
Active Poster

Post by devlin »

What do you think of a wrap that has a zipper and can be machine washed.
And that wrap could be printed with realistic body image.
And the wrap could go over the foam vixen.

What do you think?

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

devlin wrote:What do you think of a wrap--------------
What do you think?
Any easily removable skin will probably not be very form fitting to the foam core > contours looking like pants and shirt. I think most plushies have the "skin" tack sewn in several places to keep the skin taut & contoured.
Now maybe if you had a 1/4" silicone coated cloth skin. It should retain it's molded shape regardless.

mrexotica
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mrexotica »

rubherkitty wrote:Ever hear of Textile Doll?
I shall check them out. Thanks!

mrexotica
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mrexotica »

devlin wrote:What do you think of a wrap that has a zipper....

The human body has a lot of contours I hope to replicate in a doll. A simple "wrap" seems unlikely to deliver. However, the concept of a one-piece wrap could be extended to a printed full-body suit or jumper.

mrexotica
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mrexotica »

rubherkitty wrote:...Now maybe if you had a 1/4" silicone coated cloth skin. It should retain it's molded shape regardless.
I am actually using a "structural molded elastomer" as my semi-rigid support frame, which is essentially what you are alluding to. The only problem I have had is finding one (a moldable thin rubber membrane) that is skin safe. Even though it will be underneath the printed fabric, I am concerned that leeching chemicals post cure might cause allergic reactions.

That silicone is a pain in the butt! It doesn't stick to anything but itself. My first prototypes were a dismal failure when the fabric moved out of place relative to the molded structural support form. The solution I am working with now is to seal the printed fabric with a silicone film as they do for printed t-shirts. That will keep any chemical leeching contained below the fabric boundary.

rubherkitty
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by rubherkitty »

There are some molded silicone skin body parts on the market called FemSkins designed for cross dressers.
They are fairly expensive. Not sure how they are molded. I'm not a x-dresser and the body styles are full figured so I never had any desire to graft any of it onto a doll. I go for petite dancer bodies.

I've messed around with coating cloth w/ silicone and it did well. But that was just laid flat test piece. As far as trying to silicone/ cloth in a mold or body form I have not tried.

flying42

Post by flying42 »

There is a process using fabric and silicone to create a flexible and durable skin for prosthetic limbs that seems promising. I don't think anyone has done a full body suit yet, but several experiments have been tested on various fabrics, and a thick absorbent coarse weave seems to be best, almost like a sweater material. The skin could be catalyzed silicone and done with precision with an inner and outer mold. On TPE heads, the skin layer is less than half an inch and can easily be peeled back. Latex inflatable dolls are made this way over a full body core.

If a full doll was made in sections with the seams tapered and overlapped to link together, they should move without separation and be almost invisible. Abyss holds their faces on with neodymium magnets. Any points where the skin needs to be held in place could then be fixed. Poses could even be helped by magnets in various configurations around the mechanical joints. Really strong magnets are cheap and available in bulk in many sizes and shapes.
The Way that can be spoken is not the Eternal Way. - Lao Tzu

mrexotica
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by mrexotica »

rubherkitty wrote:There are some molded silicone skin body parts on the market called FemSkins ...
I tool a look at those Femskins. One is created like a leotard and the ad boasts that it "Includes a fully penetrable vagina, and a
one month replacement guarantee". Seems like a strange description given that it is worn like a pair of leotards. Penetrate the hole when a guy is wearing it and there is nowhere for the penis to travel after it hits the guy's crotch. LOL!

INFORMATIONS