Starpery.com

Gimme head! No, really, I want your head

Got an idea? Need an invention?
Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Re: Gimme head! No, really, I want your head

Post by Dollyman25442 »

philpw99 wrote:Holly molly!! Dollman, you just gave me a big idea!!
Well do tell!
:haha4:

Simpleman

Post by Simpleman »

I have been following your thread and impressed by your ideas. I have a brand new /unused head that I would be interested in having your modifications performed on. I haven't done anything with this head because it arrived last week with a bent over ear and I've been corresponding with the fleabay seller on how to make good on this minor but annoying imperfection. It's a WM knockoff made by Roladoll but I'm sure the skull is the same design.

Just a thought... I was also thinking about such a design but then add wide rubber bands around the scull tube to maintain a constant light tension on the inner Tpe sleave. Figuring out the correct type of glue to adhere the Tpe to the fiberglass skull is also important. Maybe WM would be willing to share the glue info... I cant image it being some kind of trade secret.

I don't understand why someone would not give after mods feedback... that's the important part of such mods and R&D.

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Simpleman wrote:I have been following your thread and impressed by your ideas. I have a brand new /unused head that I would be interested in having your modifications performed on. I haven't done anything with this head because it arrived last week with a bent over ear and I've been corresponding with the fleabay seller on how to make good on this minor but annoying imperfection. It's a WM knockoff made by Roladoll but I'm sure the skull is the same design.

Just a thought... I was also thinking about such a design but then add wide rubber bands around the scull tube to maintain a constant light tension on the inner Tpe sleave. Figuring out the correct type of glue to adhere the Tpe to the fiberglass skull is also important. Maybe WM would be willing to share the glue info... I cant image it being some kind of trade secret.

I don't understand why someone would not give after mods feedback... that's the important part of such mods and R&D.
I have the glue for the TPE to skull sorted out. Flow-able silicone windshield adhesive does the trick (and no, there's no harm using it with TPE).
The mod can't accommodate the rubber band idea as the lower part (what would be the jaw) is no longer "hinged" in the mod but rather fixed in place (trial and error taught me the hinge idea just wasn't practical or necessary).
Happy to do the mod for you. Shipping too and from on you, the rest (work and supplies) on me.
Oh, and due to previous experience, I'll need you to publicly declare you will post a review in this thread two weeks after having received your head back. Failure to follow through (after my extensive work) will result in a public dressing down. Sorry if that sounds harsh but after two mods and two failures to post reviews, I'm not to game for exerting effort with no feedback. Please understand. Nothing personnel ;-)
PM me for address info when and if you're ready :-)
Sorry to hear about the cauliflowered ear btw. Hope the vendor makes good?
D

Simpleman

Post by Simpleman »

I dont think your being harsh at all wanting a public review within 2 weeks. If your willing to do the mod for me, I'll be happy to give you a review for your efforts. I think that some people dont understand feedback on this kind of stuff is crucial to R&D. The head is completely new. It would be really nice to have a working oral functional that can accommodate something bigger around then my index finger. I'll send you a PM today and get the necessary information.

I'm kind of annoyed about the dolls ear that I just bought.... but the seller offered me a refund of $20. I think I'm ok with it, because the doll itself is honestly really nice overall.

Simpleman

Post by Simpleman »

For those following this thread, I mailed my spare head for some R&D. I'm looking forward to providing a review in the future. Promise :D

Chuck Norris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chuck Norris »

That is a very interesting thread indeed.

Although, I am not into dolls for the oral function, I see that other mods can be made while the skin is off the head.

Would you think it would be doable if drilling 2 holes in the back of the head and pass some wires connected to a switch (at back of the skull) to some cell battery to some LED bulb just behind her eyes?

I have a damaged head, I might try this for a winter project.

If you wanna know what I'm talking about...lol!
Attachments
2.jpg
2.jpg (9.73 KiB) Viewed 2650 times

Chuck Norris
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Chuck Norris »

Or this...
Attachments
download (1).jpg
download (1).jpg (9.69 KiB) Viewed 2639 times

flying42

Post by flying42 »

[quote="Dollyman25442"][quote="Simpleman"]I have been following your thread and impressed by your ideas.

I have the glue for the TPE to skull sorted out. Flow-able silicone windshield adhesive does the trick (and no, there's no harm using it with TPE).
The mod can't accommodate the rubber band idea as the lower part (what would be the jaw) is no longer "hinged" in the mod but rather fixed in place (trial and error taught me the hinge idea just wasn't practical or necessary).

-------------------------------------------------
Great Possibilities, All! This is such an overdue issue with the State of Head!

I would think that some of these materials are very reactive, as I've seen rubber plastic dissolve TPE. But if automotive RTV silicone is compatible with most TPE, that is interesting. A flexible hinge could also be made with springs or other materials that wouldn't degrade and break, and provide variable tensions on different places, such as lateral motion vs vertical.

Before I do experimental surgery on a fully peeled fiberglass cranium, I am considering several hinge options, ideally with two pieces but maybe more. I think the mouth is pretty damn flexible, and BY GUM, I like it that way! :lol: Right now my current doll-face has a complete tear 2in behind the lips. So, I took the back of the throat out, (wasn't even sealed anyway) and just wrap a male condom around the TPE tube. More room and less maintenance! :idea:

I think leaving the skin unadhered to the skull would be good, to expose the surfaces to air and light every so often. Initially the delaminated TPE peeled off VERY slowly, as it was hot-molded to the fiberglass, probably not glued.

If some parts of the face move during play, I think that adds to the expression, as long as it is not weirdly distorted, which actually doesn't take much. Think of a slightly wrinkled photograph. But since the reason we're here is the bug-eyed design flaws of the supposedly oral face, some kind of surgery is clearly needed.

Another idea I had was making a softer foam type of skull that would be the same shape as the fiberglass. All you need is a few sturdy pieces of trimmed and glued foam to a neck plate with the right connector. :idea: :idea:
:drinking: Cheers!
The Way that can be spoken is not the Eternal Way. - Lao Tzu

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

A successful face peel today. Another doll head on her way to being modified to actually be able to do oral!
As a footnote, I thought I would show a few images of the EXACT reason for bulging eye syndrome. Take note of the casting hole (%95 of WM dolls) in the end of the oral TPE tube. This allows air to get pumped between the TPE and skull, thus producing the bulging eyes. We will be sealing this up in addition to making the oral mod.
P1010576.JPG
P1010576.JPG (1.86 MiB) Viewed 2578 times
Attachments
P1010578.JPG
P1010578.JPG (1.88 MiB) Viewed 2578 times
P1010579.JPG
P1010579.JPG (1.72 MiB) Viewed 2578 times

Simpleman

Post by Simpleman »

You'd think the manufactures would glue some sort of TPE plug into that tube when its being assembled. That little step would go a long way in keeping water out and allow much more thorough cleaning. And as you point out keep the air from being forced into the skull.

BigBurrito

Post by BigBurrito »

You are making a good effort, where i on the other hand made a advanced mod on a head with servos to move the eyes and mouth, and a servo control board
Attachments
IMG_20180903_172155.jpg
IMG_20180903_172155.jpg (899.37 KiB) Viewed 2488 times
IMG_20180907_081349.jpg
IMG_20180907_081349.jpg (837.46 KiB) Viewed 2488 times

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Simpleman's head making "headway"
Skull cut and ready for mod
P1010588.JPG
P1010588.JPG (1.66 MiB) Viewed 2358 times

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

More progress today.
Made the required modifications to the skull that will enlarge the oral cavity quite a bit thus allowing penetration larger than a crayon.

This is what we get from a stock skull.
P1010590.JPG
P1010590.JPG (1.73 MiB) Viewed 2326 times
And this is what the modification affords us, thus allowing for expansion and a simulation much closer to a blow job. It also solves bulging eye syndrome in the same "stroke" :haha4:
P1010591.JPG
P1010591.JPG (1.74 MiB) Viewed 2326 times

nahmot

Post by nahmot »

Fantastic work. when you get a design you're happy with you should consider showing it to some of the manufacturers , every head needs this capability

Dollyman25442
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Dollyman25442 »

Finishing up latest head mod.
As you can see, the mod doesn't affect the outward appearance at all.

Fixed the manufacturer casting hole that seem to be with every WM doll I encounter. I really wish they wouldn't do this. For G-ds sake manufacturers, seal up your casting holes. This is a recipe for water intrusion and unsanitary conditions (not to mention the causation for the dreaded eye bulge syndrome).
Grrr. My pet peeve.
Easy fix with the face off for the skull mod.
P1010637.JPG
P1010637.JPG (1.82 MiB) Viewed 2261 times
One last little detail to remedy (misshapen ear due to incorrect shipping no doubt) and she returns home!
P1010666.JPG
P1010666.JPG (1.71 MiB) Viewed 2261 times
P1010667.JPG
P1010667.JPG (1.8 MiB) Viewed 2261 times

INFORMATIONS