realsexdoll.com

Coloring nipple of Daio Shi inflatable?

Palace of the plastic princess. Usually ranging from $15 to $300
Go Wow
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Coloring nipple of Daio Shi inflatable?

Post by Go Wow »

Hi! New user, but been lurking for a while.

I've had my wonderful Fujiko for about a month and I've really enjoyed her presence, needless to say.

However, I would like to know if there's a non toxic and somewhat permanent way to color her nipples? It sometimes takes me out of the experience without at least some color contrast between nipsy and noon.

Thank you!
Roommates:
ImageAiko Yazaki - College Student, Club Girl, Bartender, Fan Girl
Tina-Marie Olivier - House Librarian, Chamber Maid

violette_22
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Coloring nipple of Daio Shi inflatable?

Post by violette_22 »

Try chalk pastels, you will find them in any arts supply store in a huge variety of colors. If the material is safe for oil based products, you can also use oil pastels. They commonly are available in sticks but some are disks like powder makeup.
Anatomically Correct Adult Doll owner since 2013, Dollhouse miniaturist since 2009, lifetime fan of dolls!!!

Go Wow
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Go Wow »

violette_22 wrote:Try chalk pastels, you will find them in any arts supply store in a huge variety of colors. If the material is safe for oil based products, you can also use oil pastels. They commonly are available in sticks but some are disks like powder makeup.
Thank you!! :multi:
Roommates:

violette_22
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by violette_22 »

You are welcome! Human makeup actually goes rancid after a short amount of time, fine for us humans as we wash it off. I will always advise art supplies for dolls any time over human products. Mica and cornstarch are also used in art supplies just as often as human makeup. If you need help with choosing good brands over lesser quality, let me know. A good brand pastel stick is about the same in price as a subpar brand of lipstick, and it lasts much longer!
Anatomically Correct Adult Doll owner since 2013, Dollhouse miniaturist since 2009, lifetime fan of dolls!!!

Go Wow
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Go Wow »

violette_22 wrote:You are welcome! Human makeup actually goes rancid after a short amount of time, fine for us humans as we wash it off. I will always advise art supplies for dolls any time over human products. Mica and cornstarch are also used in art supplies just as often as human makeup. If you need help with choosing good brands over lesser quality, let me know. A good brand pastel stick is about the same in price as a subpar brand of lipstick, and it lasts much longer!
As a newbie I would ABSOLUTELY love to get some brand recommendations... And I did NOT know about makeup getting rancid... It would never have occurred to me.

Thank you!! :D
Roommates:

Jeff
Doll
Doll

Post by Jeff »

Yep, makeup goes rancid. We've had to throw out makeup that was never used due to this. So, for a very thick, highly pigmented color and smooth application, we like the sticks from Schminke (pronounced Sch-minkie). Put this on with a smaller flat angled or flat artist's paint brush on spots like lips, eyelids, nipples, inner vulva, etc. For a looser powder, go with Unison or Richardson and use a round, floofy brush for cheeks, under the bust, navel, between toes and fingers, etc..... Student grade pastels are okay, but the pigments are weak and they are very, very chalky. They're easy to find and cheap though. If the base color of the vinyl has a yellow tint to it, go with peachy pinks. If the vinyl is more on the white/pale side, go for pinky-pinks and soft reds for highlighted flesh tones. Acrylic paint can also work on vinyl, but don't use a student grade, use an artist grade. Student grade paints have a poor texture and lack luster pigments. Oil pastels will work as well, but they may smear a bit more easily. You can try it, we don't advise oil pastels for any sort of doll except TPE dolls. Oils and vinyl don't get along. Again, a little bit of smearing is not always a terrible thing and might make nipples look a bit more convincing. You can always do 'tests' on her toes or under the foot before going all out. Or, get a cheap-o novelty doll to do some experiments. We are going to get a Judy (about $15) one soon to 'torture' and learn a couple things before going all out on a doll with the nicer vinyl head, hands and feet. Corn starch is always okay and please give her a wash sometimes with dish soap, not people soap unless you want the smelly good that bad. People soap often is oily because it's good for skin, not dollies.

The pigments will defiantly stain the vinyl, but that's often what people want, so don't go so heavy that it will smear. You can blot with paper towels, cotton balls, makeup wedges or toilet paper to remove the excess. If you really want to remove set-in stains from vinyl, buy a product from Twin Pines of Maine, I think it's called remove zit. It's actually made just for vinyl dolls and has a shelf life of about one year. I've not had need for it yet, but several other doll people tell me it's magic. Most regular dolls are made of vinyl, so there's loads of information out there. Try a google search about customizing vinyl dolls and you will find loads of information, I promise! I'm 100% confident that the chalk pastels are going to work nicely on vinyl. If that's all you want... then you don't need to read the rest of this.

If you do choose to try makeup anyway, remember that there is oils in it and vinyl is porous, so it could make the vinyl permanently shinny and it will eventually yellow much faster than avoiding oil all together. Human skin and doll materials are very, very different. Makeup is made for human skin, not dolls. Although, it's the popular choice and understandable because it's very familiar to most people, art supplies not so much. These dolls can last a long time with delicate care. I see plenty of them are worth that, even if they eventually retire to being stuffed cuddle buddies. :)

We have off-topic vinyl and resin dolls, she has been painting these materials for years. If you really, really want to seal those pastel colors on, there is an aerosol spray sealant called Mr. Super Clear (use the clear matte, not other brands, trust me on this). It's from a company out of Japan that makes paints and products for models like tanks and cars. It works well on vinyl and resin too. It's toxic when in droplets, so a serious respirator must be used and only outdoors. I cannot guarantee how it will preform on inflatable dolls, but we can find out if you have interest. We plan to get a novelty Judy doll (because they are cheap) and do some experiments before getting some nicer inflatables to stuff and add armature. Anyhow.... the sealant.... once it dries, it's stuck on there and will not easily come off and not a health threat. Just never breathe it in. It takes about 20-30 minutes to dry. If you ever want to remove it, use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and 90% rubbing alcohol or a brush cleaner that's sold by Winsor and Newton brand , it will take it right off followed by a dish soap and water wash. Repeat if necessary. It could also remove glue.... so it's hard to say if it's good for inflatables or not. It does seal the pigments well though, so it's an option to investigate if you want. We have used some brush on sealants and even applied with an air brush but have not found one yet that preforms as well with a nice texture that's even in the same league as Mr. Super Clear.

Most of these things you can find at any hobby or craft store except the sealant spray. If you are able to go to a 'real' art supply store, please do. Don't be afraid to tell the sales people in an actual art store you are trying to add pigment to vinyl. Artists use all sorts of materials, so they're very, very unlikely to assume it's anything other than an art project for the sake of art. Those people are usually artists themselves and may be able to provide better information than me. We're not pro artists, so my art education is very limited to the mediums used. They also have better knowledge about what's a toxic risk and what is not. Most art supplies will have a non-toxic label, this was an industry initiated standard, so there are very few laws about labeling art supplies. Most manufacturers are very good about this. You can also call a mail order company called Dick Blick... they carry EVERYTHING and they might also be able to advice about the materials you are working with. Samara on here may have also had some experience with vinyl dolls, so she's also a great resource.
Man dolls.... because baby dolls come from somewhere!

Go Wow
Contributing Poster
Contributing Poster

Post by Go Wow »

This was amazingly comprehensive. You have my undying gratitude!

Jeff wrote:Yep, makeup goes rancid. We've had to throw out makeup that was never used due to this. So, for a very thick, highly pigmented color and smooth application, we like the sticks from Schminke (pronounced Sch-minkie). Put this on with a smaller flat angled or flat artist's paint brush on spots like lips, eyelids, nipples, inner vulva, etc. For a looser powder, go with Unison or Richardson and use a round, floofy brush for cheeks, under the bust, navel, between toes and fingers, etc..... Student grade pastels are okay, but the pigments are weak and they are very, very chalky. They're easy to find and cheap though. If the base color of the vinyl has a yellow tint to it, go with peachy pinks. If the vinyl is more on the white/pale side, go for pinky-pinks and soft reds for highlighted flesh tones. Acrylic paint can also work on vinyl, but don't use a student grade, use an artist grade. Student grade paints have a poor texture and lack luster pigments. Oil pastels will work as well, but they may smear a bit more easily. You can try it, we don't advise oil pastels for any sort of doll except TPE dolls. Oils and vinyl don't get along. Again, a little bit of smearing is not always a terrible thing and might make nipples look a bit more convincing. You can always do 'tests' on her toes or under the foot before going all out. Or, get a cheap-o novelty doll to do some experiments. We are going to get a Judy (about $15) one soon to 'torture' and learn a couple things before going all out on a doll with the nicer vinyl head, hands and feet. Corn starch is always okay and please give her a wash sometimes with dish soap, not people soap unless you want the smelly good that bad. People soap often is oily because it's good for skin, not dollies.

The pigments will defiantly stain the vinyl, but that's often what people want, so don't go so heavy that it will smear. You can blot with paper towels, cotton balls, makeup wedges or toilet paper to remove the excess. If you really want to remove set-in stains from vinyl, buy a product from Twin Pines of Maine, I think it's called remove zit. It's actually made just for vinyl dolls and has a shelf life of about one year. I've not had need for it yet, but several other doll people tell me it's magic. Most regular dolls are made of vinyl, so there's loads of information out there. Try a google search about customizing vinyl dolls and you will find loads of information, I promise! I'm 100% confident that the chalk pastels are going to work nicely on vinyl. If that's all you want... then you don't need to read the rest of this.

If you do choose to try makeup anyway, remember that there is oils in it and vinyl is porous, so it could make the vinyl permanently shinny and it will eventually yellow much faster than avoiding oil all together. Human skin and doll materials are very, very different. Makeup is made for human skin, not dolls. Although, it's the popular choice and understandable because it's very familiar to most people, art supplies not so much. These dolls can last a long time with delicate care. I see plenty of them are worth that, even if they eventually retire to being stuffed cuddle buddies. :)

We have off-topic vinyl and resin dolls, she has been painting these materials for years. If you really, really want to seal those pastel colors on, there is an aerosol spray sealant called Mr. Super Clear (use the clear matte, not other brands, trust me on this). It's from a company out of Japan that makes paints and products for models like tanks and cars. It works well on vinyl and resin too. It's toxic when in droplets, so a serious respirator must be used and only outdoors. I cannot guarantee how it will preform on inflatable dolls, but we can find out if you have interest. We plan to get a novelty Judy doll (because they are cheap) and do some experiments before getting some nicer inflatables to stuff and add armature. Anyhow.... the sealant.... once it dries, it's stuck on there and will not easily come off and not a health threat. Just never breathe it in. It takes about 20-30 minutes to dry. If you ever want to remove it, use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser and 90% rubbing alcohol or a brush cleaner that's sold by Winsor and Newton brand , it will take it right off followed by a dish soap and water wash. Repeat if necessary. It could also remove glue.... so it's hard to say if it's good for inflatables or not. It does seal the pigments well though, so it's an option to investigate if you want. We have used some brush on sealants and even applied with an air brush but have not found one yet that preforms as well with a nice texture that's even in the same league as Mr. Super Clear.

Most of these things you can find at any hobby or craft store except the sealant spray. If you are able to go to a 'real' art supply store, please do. Don't be afraid to tell the sales people in an actual art store you are trying to add pigment to vinyl. Artists use all sorts of materials, so they're very, very unlikely to assume it's anything other than an art project for the sake of art. Those people are usually artists themselves and may be able to provide better information than me. We're not pro artists, so my art education is very limited to the mediums used. They also have better knowledge about what's a toxic risk and what is not. Most art supplies will have a non-toxic label, this was an industry initiated standard, so there are very few laws about labeling art supplies. Most manufacturers are very good about this. You can also call a mail order company called Dick Blick... they carry EVERYTHING and they might also be able to advice about the materials you are working with. Samara on here may have also had some experience with vinyl dolls, so she's also a great resource.
Roommates:

INFORMATIONS