kimberdoll.com

Kimberdoll Reviews

Kimber Doll is loved by thousands of satisfied customers in the USA, the UK, Australia, Canada and Germany. We pride ourselves on offering the latest in companion doll technology, quality and realism. We’ve worked hard to develop the ultimate companion that is a pleasure to own, lasts the test of time and is reasonably priced. Website: kimberdoll.com
SexDollCanada
VENDOR
VENDOR

Re: Kimberdoll Reviews

Post by SexDollCanada »

denmarkhamill wrote:Fake reviews don't mean it's a scam, it's actually a very common practice among e-commerce companies... the product looks good, and the price point also looks both great and achievable. You will most likely receive your product and be very happy with it.

This was just a particularly extreme case of fake reviews, and I'm new to TDF so I felt I should point it out. Fake reviews on the manufacturer/vendor site are the status-quo in all e-commerce. I'm really just pointing it out to protect TDF, because I had the impression that TDF would have higher standards than status-quo (especially for TDF-approved vendors).

If TDF exists for doll enthusiasts to protect and inform the community, I see it as a community member's role to point this kind of thing out, so I did.

Kimberdoll's response so far has been timely and appropriate, so I don't think you should let this deter you from ordering a Kimberdoll. They seem like a company that will do great things for the doll community, by offering an affordable option and thereby forcing other manufacturers and vendors to compete with them on price. Kimberdoll's success would be good for everyone. I just wouldn't rely on their reviews just yet, that's all.
Kimberdoll's response to the comment seems fair and honest in terms of dealing with the alleged fake reviews. This brand has certainly caught our eye, thanks to one particular SD Canada customer who put them on our radar :D Very happy to hear that the status of the reviews will be looked at closely.

Building a brand is not easy work. Everyone brand has to start from ZERO, but nobody wants to be the first (or fifth, tenth?) customer. The marketplace wants innovation, but low risk, and demands a highly reviewed and acclaimed product. That puts a lot of pressure on a brand to come out of the gate with a strong following.

Nevertheless, fake reviews are ill advised for anyone perceived as "new" - and by no means are we singling out any brand - just speaking in generalities. We have gotten all our reviews the hard way - and in the beginning were begging, pleading and chasing individual customers to leave some positive comments. Not sure how "common" it is among e-commerce companies, that certainly is a disturbing thought. But frankly, you need to build trust with your customer base, grow trust in your brand and if / when savvy customers sniff out deception it certainly does set things back a notch or two. Maybe more. However, nothing that can't be recovered from for any brand if handled with transparency.
Sex Doll Canada Team
www.sexdollcanada.com
Rick, Jack, Jess, Serge & Team
Serving Canadians from Coast to Coast, In English et en Français!
CLICK ->: X Series: Heavily Discounted Sex Dolls Ready to Ship from Toronto

E-Mail: inquiries@sexdollcanada.com
Toll-Free: 1-888-996-DOLL (3655)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

It has been an interesting experience with the mini, sadly I appear to have damaged the seal at the end of the vaginal cavity.
This became apparent when after a douching, a dark fluid was draining from the cavity.
Upon opening up the doll through the back, passing water into the cavity resulted in it coming out of the doll manufacturing support hole. A definite health hazard in the long term.

The good news is that it provided an opportunity to remove the skeleton from the doll and see how the joints are set up to move.
The method of securing the doll to the support frame is simple, effective and very tough to cut through, had to replace two blades on the scalpel to separate the skeleton from the body.

Did note the right- hand wrist locking nut had become loose.

Will be replacing the doll in a month or so.
In the meantime, I have a very flexible headless doll that needs to thoroughly dry out :whistle:
Attachments
Mounting_Hole.jpg
Mounting_Hole.jpg (39.12 KiB) Viewed 2835 times
Skeleton.jpg
Skeleton.jpg (63.52 KiB) Viewed 2835 times
FlexiDoll.jpg
FlexiDoll.jpg (17.06 KiB) Viewed 2835 times

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

8O I honestly do not know how to comment....I could never myself do that to one of my girls, but bonds and attitudes differ, and well, wow, great exposure and intel, in the name of science Seagull...but I am never showing this post to my Kimber Henry...OK. :lol:

myself, I use condoms for intimate interactions...as like she is a similar material to the dinga anyhow. and makes for easy hygienic clean up.

Do you ever plan to reassemble her...if so Arthur1960 is your man, he has done these level restorations.

Anung,....and Fark wow 8O

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Yup, did take a day or so to consider the options.
As the internals were compromised a new doll has become a matter of course while the damaged doll presents an opportunity to take my trade skills to work with an unfamiliar material, couldn't resist the chance to attempt to seal the tear.
As it is internal I will need to get an inspection camera (Jaycar have USB Inspection Camera 2.25m for about $45), the rest is just careful technique and a good setup to access that part of the cavity.

The doll is still functional although the limbs behave like those of a dead octopus. Being headless is also a little disturbing.
Your method of applying vaseline to the top of the neck before screwing the head on would have prevented an ugly black mark appearing where the soft material has been marked by the hard head base (got to the forum after assembling the doll)
All the damage is at the back and long term might replace the skeleton, after loosening the joints somewhat to suit my physical capabilities.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Keep us updated on what you do :)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

The tear repair involved cutting a small piece from inside the doll and using a soldering iron to fuse it in place.
Was going to video it but ran out of hands.

The Heating wire is from an Sunbeam electric heat pad, about 4m of variable heating to wind around the pelvic tubing. Hope to have the plug exit at the back of the neck so as to connect the controller.
The 5 position range is approximately 10, 20, 30, 40, 50 degrees centigrade.
30 is close to body heat while 40 to 50 is risking an important part of my anatomy :oops:
Attachments
Heating_wire.jpg
Heating_wire.jpg (602.29 KiB) Viewed 2752 times

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

The mini skeleton is constructed from Stainless tubing that is slightly magnetic.
The eyebolts are steel and the bolts are as well while some of the nuts are Stainless & others Steel.

Inspection resulted in an unexpected challenge.
The joints have been tensioned and then the nut welded to the bolt. No quick loosening of these.
While it is easy enough to grind the welds out, the amount of work to get rid of the sharp edges created doesn't appear worth the effort.
Will get a workout with this one.

So far there no indications of tearing externally which indicates a very good elastomer being able to handle the cooler winter temperatures and the somewhat rough treatment dished out to it.

SexDollCanada
VENDOR
VENDOR

Post by SexDollCanada »

seagull wrote:The mini skeleton is constructed from Stainless tubing that is slightly magnetic.
The eyebolts are steel and the bolts are as well while some of the nuts are Stainless & others Steel.

Inspection resulted in an unexpected challenge.
The joints have been tensioned and then the nut welded to the bolt. No quick loosening of these.
While it is easy enough to grind the welds out, the amount of work to get rid of the sharp edges created doesn't appear worth the effort.
Will get a workout with this one.

So far there no indications of tearing externally which indicates a very good elastomer being able to handle the cooler winter temperatures and the somewhat rough treatment dished out to it.
Hey Seagull -

Nuts welded to the bolts are common practice for the great majority of skeletons. It is done for the obvious reason that it prevents them from loosening; however, the serviceability in these cases is virtually nil as if you take a torch to it you will heat the skeleton and melt the TPE from the inside out. Not the best smell in the world.

Like many products made today (speaking in general terms), most dolls are designed to minimize cost (and thus sales price) and provide a high level of overall initial quality, but not designed with longevity or serviceability at the top of the list. This is what the majority of buyers want.

Sigh ... skeletal repairs ... not fun stuff.
Sex Doll Canada Team
www.sexdollcanada.com
Rick, Jack, Jess, Serge & Team
Serving Canadians from Coast to Coast, In English et en Français!
CLICK ->: X Series: Heavily Discounted Sex Dolls Ready to Ship from Toronto

E-Mail: inquiries@sexdollcanada.com
Toll-Free: 1-888-996-DOLL (3655)

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

To Sex Doll Canada Team
Reference: Like many products made today (speaking in general terms), most dolls are designed to minimize cost (and thus sales price) and provide a high level of overall initial quality, but not designed with longevity or serviceability at the top of the list.

While most customers prefer the No fiddling with the doll scenario, there will always be those whose will push the envelope.
There have been a number of posts on this forum addressing repairs to dolls (Arthur1960) and while Unung may have been mildly traumatized by what occurred to my mini, it has provided a look at the structural stuff inside a doll.
These things are not going to break easily, mostly.
The wire fingers are another story altogether, repeated bending of any metallic wire results in brittleness and failure.
The delicate sizing of the mini suggests this may happen sooner rather that later.
The wires have been removed and will have the same fascinating wobble as the toes (my fetish).

Skeletal repairs are not difficult when removed from the elastomer, just bits of metal fixed together. Getting the damn thing back together quickly however is never going to happen.
Mine will have the scarring at the back as a downside, the upside is a skeleton that suits my needs, eventually.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Some additional information about the construction of the Kimber Mini skeleton with apologies for poor quality images

The Elbows have 6mm bolts plus movement limiting stops, similar to the Knee ones, in the forward and backwards rotation
These can be rotated around the length of the arm and have the potential to damage the elastomer

The Waist has two 10mm bolts, also with movement limiting stops

The Knees have 8mm bolts with movement limiting stops in the forward and backwards rotation
These also can be rotated around the length of the leg and have the potential to damage the elastomer

The Hip joint has 10mm bolts, solid as but can be rotated freely
The Shoulders have 8mm bolts that can also be rotated freely
Both of these have the potential to damage the elastomer from doing 360's

It would take a very strong person to damage the metal skeleton with bare hands, the bolts would be quite at home on an industrial machine and the stops are 3mm diameter Stainless rod
Attachments
Elbow.jpg
Elbow.jpg (524.63 KiB) Viewed 2660 times
Waist.jpg
Waist.jpg (537.47 KiB) Viewed 2660 times
Knee.jpg
Knee.jpg (523 KiB) Viewed 2660 times
Hip.jpg
Hip.jpg (533.8 KiB) Viewed 2660 times
Shoulder.jpg
Shoulder.jpg (606.59 KiB) Viewed 2660 times

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Great info...thanks seagul.. Really useful to know for those new to the hobby and/or dolls etc.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

With the heating setup: First, it works, second, lousy photo, third,no idea how much heat the elastomer will soak up but it is hitting 40c at setting 1 on the controller without any indications of a smokey.
Will tidy it up a little then begin to reassemble.

The other part of this project was to loosen the two Leg Hip joints a bit. The Dremel grinding wheel took care of the welds. Only needed cracking to get it to the same stiffness as the Knee
Attachments
Heating.jpg
Heating.jpg (624.67 KiB) Viewed 2609 times

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Just a quick update.

Got an air pump to thoroughly dry the Kimber Mini vaginal cavity.
The blurry grey thing is the air tube (5mm Outside diameter) in the mounting cavity.
Mounting Cavity.jpg
Mounting Cavity.jpg (127.76 KiB) Viewed 2564 times
The camera is 9mm diameter and has slid in without catching on the sides, so roughly about 10mm.

For this one, intend plugging it with a Selleys 3 in 1 White, after testing on a more accessible area of the doll, just in case of a serious effect on the doll material.

Will be interested to find out with a new doll to see what it looks like.

Maviarab
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Post by Maviarab »

Certainly getting involved seagul heh...look forward to more updates.

seagull
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by seagull »

Dang. Selleys 3 in 1 White stuck like water to Teflon. Roofing Silicone next

INFORMATIONS