DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

Some Spinner Questions!

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
RoboBoy

Some Spinner Questions!

Post by RoboBoy »

Hey Patrick!

Could you give us an update on all the heads available for your Spinners?
(Website isn’t fully up to date on that I don’t think... and thought you were working on some New Ones??)

Any plans to add more available head options to the TPE Spinner line??

Any update on plans to update the hands/fingers on the TPE Spinners??

Any plans / option to get any of the New TPE dolls in a different skin tone??

Just some questions that have been running through my mind lately.... :D

RoboBoy

sloopjohnb
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Re: Some Spinner Questions!

Post by sloopjohnb »

As a side thought to your post. I will be receiving my new silicone spinner sometime VERY soon. Watch for pictures and a short review!!
Sloop

sloopjohnb
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by sloopjohnb »

I just read your post about your lovely Amanda! Congrats!!!! As a Spinner owner, what size is her little nighty?
Sloop

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Good questions...Most all of our new additions show up on the blog page of our site. The first page.

Eventually I will get together with my web guy and update everything. There isn't even an order page for the TPE Spinner! Thankfully, folks just call me...and it all works out. I answer my phone(almost always!) and texts are great...

With so many options it can be a little confusing however.
Basically... The TPE version comes with the Bree head only. (though I'm working on others)...and only the nice caramel color, so far.
$1495. plus shipping
The Silicone versions come either with the flex skeleton that we have been tweeking for the last 10 yrs (which holds some poses and feels very natural...not stiff)
...or with the upgraded Chinese skeleton that stands...and has lots of extra joints where it should for flexibility.
Flex...$3495.
Rigid...$3950.
With the silicone versions come the opportunity to customize things like adding tan lines or freckles.
The rigid skeletons now have a palm pad, which takes the stress off the finger wires...and. ball joint at the wrist.
I'm finishing the mold for the "April" head...She will first be made for the silicone Spinners...and then if she's a hit, we'll add her to the TPE line.
This doesn't even mention those folks who have been watching closely and prefer to order the Spinner 1.0...which is just a hair smaller and with a very arched back and slightly puffier nipples.She fits the initial Bree head perfectly which comes in oral or non-oral

Confused yet?? :lol:
When we had the Spinner made overseas, I actually re-sculpted her in a straight up and down standing pose, so the skeleton would work. This made her ever so slightly larger...with a different tush...which seemed to be asked for.
Folks seem happy about the change.
I needed to re-sculpt the Bree head to better fit this new body. That is the face you see on the Spinner in TPE. (Or silicone if you choose)

What was the question?? Ha!
Faces...I've sculpted a couple faces for the Spinner that just never got ordered, so I didn't add them to the site.
Alexa and Bree seem to be going strong. I'll add to them asap.
Fingerwires...there seems to be a real push for jointed fingers.
You'd be hard pressed to get hands to work any better than what we have now.
We cast the hands first...in harder silicone, so the wires will not have such a chance to poke through...and we add little textured balls to the end of each wire. She can easily hold a glass of wine. Can other dolls do this?...maybe a few..I haven't seen it.
All we need to do now is combine the palm pads of the tpe dolls hands with the stronger wire that we use to make better and more useful hands. Comparable to our silicone version.
Can I make this even more confusing? ?
Thankfully, folks see the pics...and we're starting to get some reviews coming in...And amazing pics from Alottahope...
and figure it all out and call...yea!!
Our focus now is to finish the mold for our next doll...and hopefully get some Island Girls out there.
And move to Bali...
Pictured here is our silicone Spinner with standing skeleton.
Attachments
IMG_2764 (1).JPG
IMG_2764 (1).JPG (193.26 KiB) Viewed 1586 times

INFORMATIONS