DeeDee
PIB
Tamara

Coming on 12? How cool is that?

Love dolls built by Patrick a.k.a. Toonist.
toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Coming on 12? How cool is that?

Post by toonist »

Our amazing first 12 years!
I just realized that our 12th Anniversary is coming up! Many folks, hundreds, have collected our dolls over the years and I thought I'd give an overview of who and what we are for the new doll collector out there who might like to know more about our story.
This will be the Readers Digest version...

Sara and I have been artists all of our lives. I showed my sculptures all over the country for over 30 years. Had works in some big wig galleries(What! Really! yes, really...go figure) Sara had her own business creating custom paintings for her clients, having graduated with an art degree.
We met just as I was beginning this doll making. She and I would be up till all hours, figuring out the best ways to mold and cast and color...there are no books folks. You just figure it all out by yourself, or get another occupation!
We started casting in Platinum cure silicone before it was a "Thing". We found our own way to mold, to soften, to attach labia...you get the idea. It's all out of our heads and hearts. Many specs of our dolls are still unique to us. Our color does not rub off as Sara uses a unique 4 part process. That is just one little example of our in-house technique. She developed jointed finger wires a few weeks ago. That's what we do. After 12 years we've come up with some crazy stuff! And it works.
We developed bodies that were both realistic and fantasy fulfilling at the same time. Slightly stylized...since what is a doll but a fantasy come to form?

Certainly we've had to adapt and change and grow over time. The "business" of dolls is practically unrecognizable now from when we began. There are folks new to the doll world who only know TPE. Well...
As the doll world changes, so do we. We're the only U.S. company who offers both silicone and TPE versions of the same doll. TPE has certainly found it's place in the market and what we offer in that regard is top notch. We found a factory overseas that can give us a beautiful TPE version of our dolls. It took some doing, but happily we have folks come to our shop just about every week ...all too happy to take a TPE doll home. Affordable and functional. Though we are not "partnered" with the factory, they do a great job for us.
At the same time, we sculpt , mold, and cast our own silicone dolls here in Virginia. If you are on the East Coast, come on by.
We have the only standing silicone doll coming from the U.S. as far as I know. It's really cool! Poses like crazy.
We've seen other doll companies come and go. Lots of new people selling dolls now. All the while we've kept working everyday continually updating what we do. We're happy to have visitors come to the shop to see and feel what we make. We certainly do not charge for that. Never will. Though some days we'll just get caught up talking dolls with potential collectors and the day flies by.

I believe we've kept up our side of the "customer service" ideal. We like to treat every collector like they are our only collector. I say "collector" since there are a few people who have 4 or 5 of our dolls! That speaks volumes.

You can get your doll customized here. That's what we do.
Working with silicone for this length of time, you get all the tricks up your sleeve to create what ever look someone wants.
Even fussy customers...and you know who you are!...are pretty darn happy when their doll arrives.
Will we please everyone? We can only do our best. Every doll gives us a lesson in service, casting and shipping.

We spend waaaaay too long developing new doll bodies. Years!
Oh my Lord, seriously, shoot me now. Years go into each one. We spend as much time sculpting and molding a new doll as some of these new companies have been in business.. Good or bad, that's just the way it is. We want it right.
We use only the highest quality materials all the way through the process.
These are beautiful late Spring days to be sculpting out in the shade. The studio has had a big Spring cleaning and we're ready for a great summer.
We just shipped out our first "portrait" standing silicone spinner (say that fast 5 times)...
Anybody else have that? Anybody? Hello?
Well, as I said, we'll always be artists, coming up with crazy new stuff. Maybe we won't make zillions of dolls, but we'll be really proud of the ones we ship out. Each is unique and one of a kind.
We'll carry on and thank you for your continued support. It has been a pleasure creating new friends over all these years.

There will be more to the story...keep watching..or give us a call and we'll talk dolls.

All the best to you,

Sara and Patrick
and, Rocky the wonder dog.
703-505-5529
703-622-3530
Patrick@privateislandbeauties.com
Saraazari@me.com
Attachments
IMG_6485.JPG
IMG_6485.JPG (831.59 KiB) Viewed 2374 times

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Re: Coming on 12? How cool is that?

Post by -Ragnar66- »

great story telling of great passion! And it surely paid off as one can see! 8) I´d be surely interested to try some TPE version of some your beauties in the future, although it´ll likely take some time before I can afford. Nonetheless you got my attention and I´m looking forward to see more of your most beautifull creations! :)

Edit: Wow! 8O Just had a look at your site http://www.privateislandbeauties.com and wouldn´t even know where to start among all that beauties! And you got your own style as well. No cheap copies of anything that sells currently well on the markets. I´m impressed, to say it mildly. 8)

Trophyjeff
Apprentice
Apprentice

Post by Trophyjeff »

What I can say about this company, (even though I've not purchased a single item from them yet), is that they have emailed me, talked to me on the phone, let me visit their studio several times already, so customer service is about the best you are ever going to find!
The quality of the dolls I 've seen & touched in person, are just phenomenal!

Since I'm working my way back from a "financial disaster",
as soon as I have the money????? I will be having Private Island Beauties make me a doll. The INTEGRITY & professionalism of these two artists (Patrick & Sara), are at the very top of the scale in customer service & quality of product!

Sincerely,
Jeff S.

jokerisalive
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by jokerisalive »

Pat is a comsumate pro and his work is beyond inspiring. the spinner silicone version of Natalie is my most wanted gal......just need to save up more money for her. Amazing products and amazing people behind PIB.

Dollarhyde
Doll Oracle
Doll Oracle

Post by Dollarhyde »

Congrats Patrick and Sara on a successful 12 years... here's to the next 12... :glou:
viewtopic.php?f=231&t=69369 NEWBIES WELCOME PAGE
http://www.dollalbum.com/dollgallery/in ... ?cat=13267
"Dammit Jim I'm a doctor, not a doll maker!"

Out_Of_Sync
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by Out_Of_Sync »

Very well said Patrick and congratulations to you and Sara (and of course Rocky!) for keeping this going for 12 years! You got it right; customer service is the most important thing for a business to focus on if they want to stay in business. This doll making industry generally has a poor reputation when it comes to customer service. A lot of that can be attributed to a few bad apples and to language barriers and differences in cultures and time zones, but it really comes down to understanding the importance of a relationship between a customer and a company.

I can not think of any other doll maker who is generally available to personally take your call and actually interested in talking to you about dolls or whatever. The business of making dolls has mostly become about making them as cheaply as possible and getting as many out the door as possible. I think there are still some doll enthusiasts out there who are more interested in quality, consistency, originality and responsiveness than in paying bottom dollar. That said, not everyone can afford a $5K+ custom silicone doll and it is important to offer options in a variety of sizes and price points which allow a wider circle of people to get into a quality doll with some realistic expectations that the doll will hold up if treated properly. So I applaud you all for not stagnating, but continuing to innovate.

My TPE Island Girl is my third doll (all TPE) and she is the doll I wanted when I ordered my other two, I just had not found her yet. But honestly, I would not have appreciated her, or you, as much without all the experience I have gained during my first 3 years or so in the adventurous world of dolls. I needed to build up my doll skills and knowledge (and my back ;) before could handle your wonderful creation.

I'm just going to assume that you and Sara are going to keep on keeping on and I can't wait to see what you two come up with next! I'm saving my pennies for a custom silicone PIB of my own in the future. Your portrait faces are the best!

Cheers,

Out_Of_Sync and Eva
EvaInWhiteRobe4.jpg
EvaInWhiteRobe4.jpg (277.59 KiB) Viewed 2330 times
Jiusheng-Doll 163F with "Evelyn" Head
SM Doll 160f Silicone with heads 11 (Alice), 60 (Sydney), X2 (Jasmine), X8 ?
Private Island Beauties TPE Island Girls Eden, Hope, Isabella, Mina & Ellowyn
SM Doll 149b #56 "Angélique"
SM Doll 156c Riley (X8)
SM Doll 168c Cherry (102)
Kristi (32)
SM Doll 168c Lisa (X8)
SM Doll 168c Keri (X10)
WMDoll 170D 356 (Vix)
XYDoll 163c in white TPE Misa (Victoria)
Don't let the doll overlords kill your buzz.

trauma
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by trauma »

I’ve watched the entire run, I remember when the Bathing Beauty first hit the scene.....AMAZING!

:glou:

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

Out_Of_Sync wrote: Image
EvaInWhiteRobe4.jpg
that pic speaks for itself. :glou:

HappyWabbit
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by HappyWabbit »

She developed jointed finger wires a few weeks ago.

This is interesting, details sometime soon?

selobl
Doll Advisor
Doll Advisor

Post by selobl »

HappyWabbit wrote:She developed jointed finger wires a few weeks ago.

This is interesting, details sometime soon?
Indeed! :D :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

toonist
Manufacturer
Manufacturer

Post by toonist »

Man o man... thanks for all the kind comments.
Your checks are in the mail!! :whistle:
You all are the greatest.
Patrick and Sara
Attachments
3FB36CE4-A7F3-4EC3-B378-575CC077C09D.jpeg
3FB36CE4-A7F3-4EC3-B378-575CC077C09D.jpeg (3.78 MiB) Viewed 2207 times

AlbertWesker01
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by AlbertWesker01 »

Congrats :)

-Ragnar66-
Doll Guru
Doll Guru

Post by -Ragnar66- »

toonist wrote:Man o man... thanks for all the kind comments.
Your checks are in the mail!! :whistle:
You all are the greatest.
Patrick and Sara
having such a nice workplace surely is yet another big inspiration! No sober and clean industry halls, just the beauty of nature as is women as well. :)

haremlover
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary

Post by haremlover »

Many congratulations.

As far as I'm concerned you're the real deal and very much the best.

Best wishes

Harem
Latest reviews coming for Irontech and FJ doll silicone ladies.

Chloé's book
is available from The-Doll-House
- - - -
Here's Coverdoll Yolanda
- - - -
Reviews for:
-DS-OR-JY-SY-Jarliet-Vivid-SM-SE-ZOne-JM-Sino-Sanhui-Pipedream--XY-WM-Elsa Babe-SM Silicone Siliko-XYcolo-Starpery-Elsa Babe-FutureDoll-Zelex-Irontech-FJ Doll
- - - -
YouTube Doll Review Channel
-https://www.youtube.com/@sexdoll-reviews-

MannyCan
Doll Elder
Doll Elder

Post by MannyCan »

I envy all PIB owners and righty so. They are works of art on the highest order.

Congratulations on 12 years.

INFORMATIONS