https://ufdolls.com/

The 2018 TDF Doll Awards – post your questions here

The Annual TDF Doll Awards take place here.
Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

The 2018 TDF Doll Awards – post your questions here

Post by Nescio50 »

This thread is meant to post your questions about The 2018 TDF Doll Awards you would like to be answered by The Panel or The Jury.

Please be sure you read the Rules and Regulations.

For discussion please start your own thread. Thank you!

Broven
Doll Patriarch
Doll Patriarch

Re: The 2018 TDF Doll Awards – post your questions here

Post by Broven »

I figured I should ask this here, as I was wondering about it myself and now it's also come up once in the nomination threads. For Best Invention, it says a "new" invention but doesn't really say what that means. Is it only inventions of 2018, or does "new" mean that it wasn't done before, regardless of when it became available?

Thanks folks,
Broven

"You're my blue sky. You're my sunny day." - Dickey Betts

Anna Marie and Friends (Thindoll 162A-36)
February 2019 Coverdoll photo shoot

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

As only 2018 inventions is probably too restrictive, all inventions are fine. So "new" means that it was not done before.

But it should be actually implemented in, or offered with, a doll on the market. So the nomination should include a reference or link to a manufacturer/vendor listed at TDF who is offering this. We should be able to verify the nomination.

Pron
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pron »

haremlover wrote:This Award worries me. It could become merely a matter of numbers - the vendors supplying the most numbers getting naturally the most number of nominations or votes.

Vendors are meant to be good. They're meant to do what good vendors do. The fact that many customers report merely that really isn't in my opinion good enough. It's what vendors do above and beyond and beyond the call of duty which I think should receive attention. Dealing with an awkward situation with a manufacturer . . . dealing with customs . . . fighting to uphold standards and bring improvements . . . all these things. Not just giving good service.

Of course this isn't to detraction of giving good service but in suggesting that an Award is appropriate for those who go beyond and beyond the measure and extent of their advertising.

Best wishes

Harem
I also think there's something strange about the whole awards topics.
As we all know the big mass production manufacturers sell most of the dolls and probably will get most votes because of the majority of owners on the forum.
The owners of more exclusive dolls are a minority and most people don't even know about the pros (and cons) some other dolls have and will only vote for what they have (nothing wrong with that).
So the winners will be the manufacturers / faces / bodies etc. which are sold most even if people voting for them know or hope there's something better out there. :?
I guess the result will rather correlate to most sold than to best doll / face / body / invention etc. ...

dxc
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by dxc »

The rules are constructed in this way. And I guess this is the foreseeable outcome. This is a first try and well, it is what people make out of it. I would like to see the JM156 to win as best sexdoll. I think it really is. But I know that others can not be aware of it and I am not convinced warm words and stating the advantages will have enough impact. (There are probably enough others that are saying the same thing about another model.) That said, I would say, it is already going on and I would just let it play out. A lot of people will be happy that their doll is a winner. It should be a fun thing and not taken too seriously. Cause after all, the voters are consumers with their own limit experiences.

Pron
Doll Mentor
Doll Mentor

Post by Pron »

dxc wrote:The rules are constructed in this way. And I guess this is the foreseeable outcome. This is a first try and well, it is what people make out of it. I would like to see the JM156 to win as best sexdoll. I think it really is. But I know that others can not be aware of it and I am not convinced warm words and stating the advantages will have enough impact. (There are probably enough others that are saying the same thing about another model.) That said, I would say, it is already going on and I would just let it play out. A lot of people will be happy that their doll is a winner. It should be a fun thing and not taken too seriously. Cause after all, the voters are consumers with their own limit experiences.
This is a good example.
Let's say this doll would really be the best sex doll ever made and everyone ever tested it would say the same, it seems only three (?) people on TDF know about it.
And in the end it will not even be listed in the top 10.

I don't want to criticize the award topics and think it's a nice idea, but I can't imagine the winners will be the best. It might rather limit people to be open minded to find something even better.

Slew
TDF Staff Alumni
TDF Staff Alumni

Post by Slew »

You guys make good points. But I'd suggest similar issues are present in any awards ceremonies. Voters only know what they've experienced, so it comes down to which products are more marketed or more prevalent in total sales. Big companies' flagship products will always outdo smaller companies' niche products even if those products are better in some way. Just like at the Oscars and Emmys, great up-and-coming or unknown actors and series/movies basically never find success at these events.

A big splash is what gains everyone's attention.

So, we hope to ensure some attention is given to the lower nominees on the list, maybe including the wildcards at the end, and that people will have a chance to discover some of those lesser known products/companies for future consideration.

For example, although Jeff at BCD is a clear leader in the vendor category, it's interesting to see how popular Phil at The Doll House is. Maybe he'll get some more customers as a result.

And of course this is supposed to be for fun, we'll learn from this edition whether it'll work long-term, and find improvements for future editions.

LDF
Ex-Member

Post by LDF »

Nesico50:

Awards are a good idea. Next time, see if you can organize it as a secret ballot with an awards dinner at the end.

As for what the trophy would look like...?
Why didn't I take the blue pill?

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

LDF wrote:Nesico50:

Awards are a good idea. Next time, see if you can organize it as a secret ballot with an awards dinner at the end.

As for what the trophy would look like...?
Nominations are in the open. Next there will be a secret poll in which will include the most nominated entries per category (and maybe one or two wild cards).

About the Awards Diner, good idea :idea: We might do this in Tokyo as Japan started the love doll industry. We will look for sponsors.

Nescio50
Site Manager - CoverDoll
Site Manager - CoverDoll

Post by Nescio50 »

Like Slew already explained, these Awards are a bit like all the award shows and contests having tele-voting or internet voting. "Best" should be read as most liked.

Awards are not assigned by a professional jury, nor by industry representatives, but by you -the members of TDF.

Anung Un Rama
Doll Visionary
Doll Visionary
Location: The Dollsmith..hanging out with the Un Rama band on the Central Coast Of Oz! Life is gigs and jams!

Post by Anung Un Rama »

hollows+fentiman wrote:Anung, I think you’ll find you can nominate....

“Only members are allowed to do a nomination, sorry but doll accounts, manufacturers, vendors, and affiliates are not allowed to enter. Members of TDF Staff are allowed to enter their nominee as they are just members.”

However, if you consider you are involved in the manufacture and promotion of this beauty maybe that does contravene the rules!

Cheers, Hollows.
Yep, that is the issue, perhaps I am taking the whole integrity thing too seriously, but....
ZannyDanger wrote:Since Anung cannot nominate his own doll, then as a non panel member, i will :D

May i present to you the Sanhui 165R cup Custom Elf doll for best new doll of 2018? :whistle:

Lori and I appreciate the nomination ZD

I have a similar issue with a certain Fantasy Fitness 150cm L cup as well (and that her Brand is not TDF approved), however if she had an AS Doll head on her, like say Missy Simone, she would technically then have an AS Dolls model tag, and be able to be nominated...ahem....Grubhed :wink:

Anung :idea:

THE UN RAMA'S

Lilith Un Rama - RD She Devil Custom Bod 10 (DOLLMILF and TDF Doll Queen)
Natasha-RD Classic - Bod 6
Lexi-BT 3 (C) Star Bod 3 Gel butt & boob implants
Lorelei-SANHUI 165R cup my custom elf head 007
Emerald-R13 custom
Tammy-PIB IG -Bella Head
Ayla-WM dolls - 155cm DD cup model
Jessica Jade-PD - 163cm, Penelope fitness version .
Mazzy M-JY/AS Doll 166cm fitness model
Pearl-JY150cm Fantasy Fitness my design
BaBs-PD 158cm Mega Boobs doll
Jessie-TB Deluxe-Jessica Model
Danny-YL Dolls-128cm Kylie model
Gypsy Kate-WM 140cm D cup head #36
Dommy-SANHUI 65cm Mini silicone doll
Mini Dolls lots!
My designs: PD 160 cm FBB Motoko Kusinagi GITS, She Demon Agony & 150cm Fantasy fitness Pearl

INFORMATIONS